Tragedy after "forgetful maid" left her 6 year old in room on Pattaya condo's 32nd floor

webfact

Tragedy after "forgetful maid" left her 6 year old in room on Pattaya condo's 32nd floor

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A six year old girl plunged to her death after her mother - a maid - left her to play in a 32nd floor room.

The child was found on the ground at the Jontien Sai 2 condo as the maid searched frantically for her daughter. 

She couldn't remember where she had left her when she went to other floors to do cleaning. 

Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch said the mother of "Gift" (an assumed name) had said the child was sick so she took her with her to do cleaning. CCTV showed that she had left the child in Room 3202 on the 32nd floor at about 3 pm. The child was found with multiple injuries at 4.30 pm.

No one had gone into the room since the maid left her there. A child's finger marks were found on the glass fronted balcony indicating she had gone there and climbed up. 

Sanook called the mother "forgetful" in their headline and said that no charges had yet been laid in the matter. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-29

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't seem able to understand why the maid would have left her daughter in one place, when she went to clean other rooms. Why would she not take her with her? A fateful decision, with a tragic consequence, which occurring as it did on the 32nd floor, has to be considered as criminal negligence. The mother, I suspect will be punishing herself with every passing moment already though.

RIP "Gift."

3 minutes ago, texanaust said:

I would have thought a six year old would not have climbed over the railing.  Most six year olds would know the danger-maybe the child was more like 3 or 4?

Looks like it judging from the OP photo. Still so sad.

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Sorry for the kid and condolences to the Mother , but , well , really should not have left the child in the room alone  with the possibility of the child climbing out the window

Ending at "Mother" was appropriate. The rest is useless preaching.

12 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Ending at "Mother" was appropriate. The rest is useless preaching.

These are discussion forums and I am giving my opinion .

I do think that people should take responsibility for their actions and realise the consequences of their actions , if she had done so , the child would still be alive today

The hotel is understaffed so the maid is overworked.

The school is understaffed so the teachers are overworked.

The hospital is understaffed so the doctors and nurses are overworked.

The list could go on and on.......

"The maid couldn't remember where she had left her little girl when she went to other floors to do cleaning" Sounds like the mother was so exhausted she couldn't think.

Burnout is the major cause of injuries on the job. In this case the girl was a collateral.

Poor girl and poor, poor mother. Too sad.

Its perplexing how you can take your kid to work and forget you have for an hour and a half but she will have to live with that amnesia RIP????

Same reason a parent can forget and leave their child in a hot car all day when they go to work. It mostly happens when they are doing something out of their usual routine.

6 minutes ago, doremifasol said:

"The maid couldn't remember where she had left her little girl when she went to other floors to do cleaning" Sounds like the mother was so exhausted she couldn't think.

Burnout is the major cause of injuries on the job. In this case the girl was a collateral.

Is that fact that the hotel was understaffed and that the mother was over worked and exhausted or is that something that you think may have happened  ?

Hotel workers tend to take things at a leisurely pace , quite often they seem to walk around in slow motion .

52 minutes ago, balo said:

The mother should be ashamed of herself , now she got the ultimate penalty , the loss of her daughter.  Nothing can change that. RIP. 

I read a 4 year beautiful girl old just drowned in Prachin Burii ,,mabey you can Judge and condem that mother ....wise ass

A former work colleague told me a sad story about one of his friends. The friends wife reversed her car down the family driveway, unaware that her two year old was behind the car. The youngster sadly died. They were not bad people, quite the opposite in fact. I don’t envy the lady’s daily torment. Unfortunately accidents do happen, we are all vulnerable to this type of error, but most of us are lucky never to have it end in tragedy. I wouldn’t be too hard on the mother, she will do that to herself, every day for the rest of her life.

1 hour ago, Mac98 said:

Same reason a parent can forget and leave their child in a hot car all day when they go to work. It mostly happens when they are doing something out of their usual routine.

You make a very good point. Some people seem to think that this could never happen to them, but we are all sometimes distracted or have things on our mind that lead to human errors, but most errors thankfully do not end in tragedy. 

I read this this afternoon in the BKP while waiting for my brakes to be fixed, it sent a nasty shiver down my spine I can tell you, can you imagine a 6 year old freefalling 32 storeys ? It breaks my heart.

If a 6 year old can get over a balcony on the 32nd floor then something is clearly amiss in this country as far as I am concerned, the poor mother must be distraught with grief, please don't judge the mother, judge the designers that allow shit like this to happen, and for all you high rise tenants, be careful out there ????   

1 hour ago, doremifasol said:

The quoted post is the most sensible post I have seen on this topic. 

Many of the other posters love to slam anyone who makes a mistake - most of us don't work long hours, in a crap service job, with low low wages, with no health care, with no child care, with no etc.. 

Have some empathy for other - it is the human thing to do. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch said the mother of "Gift" (an assumed name)

A shame the mother wasn't "gifted" with the brains to take responsibility of her own precious daughter.

Absolutely heartbreaking. Yes the mother made a terrible mistake but she was probably working day and night to feed her family, perhaps stressed and not thinking right. 

I’m not at all saying her colossal error of judgement was okay, but I greatly sympatise as she has to live with this. 

RIP little one. 

Archived