"He's dating age-appropriate...."

Trujillo

"...so no problem there."

I was flipping through the channels on TV and hit some AXN American series and heard that line. 

I was wondering, in the States, what is  the "age-appropriate" dating age spread. 

For example, there's a white-haired man I keep seeing around Meechok Plaza with a trophy babe. He's probably in his early to mid 70s and she's probably in her early 30s. There's clearly some financial incentive there...but that's not the issue.

But is this "age-appropriate" dating? An age spread of over 40 years? She's his daughter's age. 

For the Westerners who are not jaded by seeing vast age differences in foreign men and their Thai ladies all the time here, what is the proper gap to be dating "age appropriately"?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, if two consenting adults are attracted to one another...for whatever reason...who am I to judge?

Plenty of fish...takes care of that for folks looking for companionship...they will not allow older folks to even see what younger folks are on the site.

It is all such a societal manipulation mostly I think driven by western females.

My guideline here is she needs to be 30 years younger then me or more.

Why not?  I do not want to be with some old lady in my country which is why I left.

No law or rule against it and who cares if people are happy.

Why would a guy in his 70's care if a 30 something woman who lives with him loves him or not. 

It is companionship for him. A young beautiful woman makes a great companion. 

What would she be doing if she was not with him? Sell something in the market, work in a factory etc. If he dies she can always do that work. That is if he does not leave her with a good sum when he dies.

44 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It is all such a societal manipulation mostly I think driven by western females.

My guideline here is she needs to be 30 years younger then me or more.

Why not?  I do not want to be with some old lady in my country which is why I left.

No law or rule against it and who cares if people are happy.

As men grow older and providing they take care of their diet and exercise, they can easily turn out looking like the older Sean Connery. On the other hand, women, regardless of their diet and exercise and any after-market, non-OEM parts, can easily turn out looking like the older Sean Connery.

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

Then you better not come here before your 50 or you can get in serious trouble.

I'm already here with a woman cost to my same age, i don't need to trade her in....... ????

i was talking about the oaps (65+) but i haven't reached there yet! 

28 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

So far no one has addressed the central question: What would be age-appropriate for an American living in the States? This was said on a TV show as if it's a "thing" that people would know. 

I knew many with 20-30 year gaps AM/TH in the bay area - all seemed accepted....

The kill stares come from white women seeing you with an asian....Seen many as the 2nd half of my life I've only been with asian gals....Whether it's jealousy, perceived ownership, or racism from them - who cares what those fat cows think....

My wife is in her 40's & I'm 71....We're there every year just going about our own way without any overt actions or attitudes....

We visit family in Tx along with friends in CA + RVing the US starting from CA.....

38 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

So far no one has addressed the central question: What would be age-appropriate for an American living in the States? This was said on a TV show as if it's a "thing" that people would know. 

I like reading novels including some novels written by Americans. And it seems they have a real problem even with a combination like 30 year old guy and 25 year old woman.

But the problem is obviously in the heads of some people. It's their problem, not the couples problem.

Imagine you have a beautiful daughter and you would go to dinner with her. Would you like that idea?

Now imagine the daughter would bring a beautiful friend with her. Would you still like that idea?

And now imagine you have dinner only with your daughter's friend - except she doesn't know your daughter and would like to have fun with you. ???? 

Somehow I am pretty sure few guys wouldn't like this scenario.

And who cares if it's appropriate or not?

It's just a cookie-cutter hate line promoted by cranky feminazis, designed to sound moral when it's the opposite...

Men age like whisky

Women age like milk

It's generally uttered by cranky hags hitting the wall who played silly games with a train of losers and squandered their youth, now she's mad that she can't get away with those games now that she's frumpy, her dirty reputation precedes her, and men with brains are seeking women of a viable age and attitude instead of her worn-out, bad attitude, entitlement, foul mood, nothing is ever good enough, dried up, hairy upper lip, flabby, flabby, and extra flabby, etc... Why would the perfect man she says she deserves to own, want her? He wouldn't. He's a winner, so he gets on a plane to somewhere the women aren't junk.

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

The answer to your question is that there is no such thing as "age appropriate." It's just passive-aggressive anti-male propaganda spread by cranky old feminazis who made lots and lots of poor life choices.

8 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

We really need some pics of these 70yo studs... ????

What's stud got to do with it? I sense feminist project of the "all genders are the same" variety...

Simply not true.

Men aren't supposed to be pretty and fancy and dainty and serene...

A pretty man is a gay man. And a gay man wants an actual man, not a cranky old male impersonator mad that she doesn't yet own the prince she thinks she's owed...

Yin and Yang, opposite but equal. Not at all the same thing as identical...

I have long planned on becoming a 'dirty old man' in my twilight years.... this involves being with someone who at the time I consider 'age appropriate' and within a specific age range....  of course 'age appropriate' for me is not age appropriate for anyone else.

Sadly, I am happily married with a Wife of equal age who in conforming with the expectations of general society and is 'age appropriate'...  we met when I was 33 (she 30)... disappointingly, I've a long way to go and will possibly be outlived (actually, quite likely outlived if Mrs Smith reads this post).

Many in the past have quoted 'your age halved + 7 yrs' as being age appropriate - ultimately it doesn't matter, just be happy and don't fall into the trap of kidding yourself if you are with someone much younger.... 20 year olds don't genuinely fall in love with 60 year olds... (well, not poor 60 year olds anyway).... 

Conforming with society I guess it depends on how you behave and look as a couple, but who really cares too much about what others think...

38 minutes ago, Sporf said:

..... cranky hags hitting the wall who played silly games with a train of losers and squandered their youth, now she's mad that she can't get away with those games now that she's frumpy, her dirty reputation precedes her, and men with brains are seeking women of a viable age and attitude instead of her worn-out, bad attitude, entitlement, foul mood, nothing is ever good enough, dried up, hairy upper lip, flabby, flabby, and extra flabby, etc... 

Wow...  a negative experience in the past perhaps ????

Archived