"He's dating age-appropriate...."

Trujillo

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

As men grow older and providing they take care of their diet and exercise, they can easily turn out looking like the older Sean Connery. On the other hand, women, regardless of their diet and exercise and any after-market, non-OEM parts, can easily turn out looking like the older Sean Connery.

Men can age like a fine wine and woman age like vinegar?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pravda said:

I was talking about your little "social experiment" that you conducted in Pattaya out of all places, while your wife observed from the distance. If you really didn't care what people think then you wouldn't put your niece to be a bait in your little ego stroking game. You must have enjoyed all the attention you got from the passers by?

Twisted.

The social experiment as you call it was nothing more than showing my niece that it is wrong to judge without knowing the facts, a point you seem to have missed.  My wife, of almost 20 years now, was not at a distance but only a couple of yards behind us; she too has the seen the looks of judgmental people when I have held her hand in public!  "Pattaya of all places" is a very judgmental comment.

My niece was not bait, I have no ego that needs to be stroked; and my niece understood what was going on.  As amply demonstrated by her comments at check out.  

Next time you see a fat old man holding the hand of a young Thai lady, come over and meet my niece, she has happily held my hand since she was a toddler.

Dont know about age appropriate ,my first wife was 10 years younger than me ,then i lived with a girl 16 years younger than me for 12 years , i then was with a girl 20 years younger than me for a couple of years ,all British ,now been with my Thai wife both here and in the UK for 22 years ,she is 3 years older than my daughter ,who likes her very much . so whats age appropriate ?mind you i am a very handsome slim millionaire ????(if only that were true)

20 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The old adage is/was half the man's age plus 7.

I’ve read  that before- someone quoted that a dinner party last night - any idea where that comes from. . Not a bad rule of thumb 

mind you I’m 92 very wealthy and the bf is 19 - I think ‘ Great Expectations ‘ comes into it- only kidding .

I have seen it happen with one young lad ending up with 15 condos - good luck I say . 

55 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

The social experiment as you call it was nothing more than showing my niece that it is wrong to judge without knowing the facts, a point you seem to have missed.  My wife, of almost 20 years now, was not at a distance but only a couple of yards behind us; she too has the seen the looks of judgmental people when I have held her hand in public!  "Pattaya of all places" is a very judgmental comment.

Sorry, I apologise. I take everything back.

An old man in Pattaya surely showed those Chinese and Russians how judgemental they are. You should have told them about it and they would prostrate in shame, fo sho

Next time tell your wife who's judging other foreigners from the distance (the irony) to take a video and post it on YouTube. That will teach the world a lesson who are judging old men like yourself in Pattaya.

Just now, Pravda said:

Sorry, I apologise. I take everything back.

An old man in Pattaya surely showed those Chinese and Russians how judgemental they are. You should have told them about it and they would prostrate in shame, fo sho

Next time tell your wife who's judging other foreigners from the distance (the irony) to take a video and post it on YouTube. That will teach the world a lesson who are judging old men like yourself in Pattaya.

If only your apology were genuine.  I never mentioned Chinese or Russians.  I have lived and worked with Chinese people but not Russians and can only comment on how judgmental some of the former group tended to be. 

I really can't see how you turn this around into an attack on my wife by alleging she is judgmental.  I was the one looking at facial expressions and inferring what their reactions seemed to be; and yes, I do have a few years of experience in this field. 

You seem to have a very strong opinion and dislike of Pattaya and all the old men who live here.  Perhaps it is a little judgmental to consider them all the same?  

If you fail to see the humour in my original post, which was purely to show that people tend to judge others on sight without knowing all the facts, then I really do feel sorry for you.  

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I like reading novels including some novels written by Americans. And it seems they have a real problem even with a combination like 30 year old guy and 25 year old woman.

But the problem is obviously in the heads of some people. It's their problem, not the couples problem.

Sorry but I just did a quick survey. No one in America has an issue with a 30 year old dating a 25 year old.  Get real. 

10 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

If only your apology were genuine.  I never mentioned Chinese or Russians.  I have lived and worked with Chinese people but not Russians and can only comment on how judgmental some of the former group tended to be. 

I really can't see how you turn this around into an attack on my wife by alleging she is judgmental.  I was the one looking at facial expressions and inferring what their reactions seemed to be; and yes, I do have a few years of experience in this field. 

You seem to have a very strong opinion and dislike of Pattaya and all the old men who live here.  Perhaps it is a little judgmental to consider them all the same?  

If you fail to see the humour in my original post, which was purely to show that people tend to judge others on sight without knowing all the facts, then I really do feel sorry for you.  

Yep, it's ok for you and your wife to judge, but not other tourists who came to the sex capital of the world.

Carry on.

Just now, Pravda said:

Yep, it's ok for you and your wife to judge, but not other tourists who came to the sex capital of the world.

Carry on.

Once again I will point out that my wife did not judge but simply observed.  I cannot fathom how you try to turn this round to accuse either of us of judging as we were only looking at facial reactions to me innocently holding my niece's hand.

Everything you say seems to be an attack on Pattaya, Thailand, and anyone who lives here happily with their wife or partner of any age.  The debate on the status of sex capital of the world is irrelevant as there are many tourists who are not here for that anyway.  You really need to learn not to generalise.

Having seen the photo used on your profile your attitude and comments seem to mirror that of the person depicted.

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have long planned on becoming a 'dirty old man' in my twilight years.... this involves being with someone who at the time I consider 'age appropriate' and within a specific age range....  of course 'age appropriate' for me is not age appropriate for anyone else.

Sadly, I am happily married with a Wife of equal age who in conforming with the expectations of general society and is 'age appropriate'...  we met when I was 33 (she 30)... disappointingly, I've a long way to go and will possibly be outlived (actually, quite likely outlived if Mrs Smith reads this post).

Many in the past have quoted 'your age halved + 7 yrs' as being age appropriate - ultimately it doesn't matter, just be happy and don't fall into the trap of kidding yourself if you are with someone much younger.... 20 year olds don't genuinely fall in love with 60 year olds... (well, not poor 60 year olds anyway).... 

Conforming with society I guess it depends on how you behave and look as a couple, but who really cares too much about what others think...

Life is too short to worry what others think especially when you are not in your home country where your relatives might be around. 

It is your life and you got an only shot at living life your way. 

3 hours ago, stevkob said:

We often hear the phrase "dirty old man" yet if you really think about it what is really dirty about it? I believe it is just propaganda sourced from insecure women with dwindling attractiveness who know that men can go on chasing younger females well into twilight years. 

To be fair, if an old man can be classified as dirty due to his relationship. then his 20 something girlfriend could be called dirty young woman? I've never heard that insult, have you?

The term “dirty old man “ maybe suggest that the old man is after some piece of ‘ local real estate’ which he should know better at his age and squandering money that should be used more sensibly like paying alimony to ex wife or making legal wife at home more comfortable .

’dirty young woman?’  Closest reference I can think of is “young gold digger” .

On 1/29/2019 at 12:25 PM, Trujillo said:

I was wondering, in the States, what is  the "age-appropriate" dating age spread

It depends on whether you are a person who needs the consent of others or whether you are an individual.

The former will need to be told.
For the latter, the "age-appropriate" dating age spread is whatever you feel is appropriate.  For me that has been as much as 15 years younger or older.  However, as I've gotten older, that spread has decreased.  I prefer the company of women about my own age.  But, this is all just me and at no time will I proposed that I have the 'correct' answer.  As long as you are not dating underage kids, as long as you are not breaking any laws, it's really up to you.

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The old adage is/was half the man's age plus 7.

Male Partner difference
20 17 3
30 22 8
40 27 13
50 32 18
60 37 23
70 42 28
80 47 33
90 52 38
100 57 43

whereas your adage sounds good at first sight,
tell me what do I do in 5 or 10 years time when the Partner gets too old and I got used to  her ?

maybe put the car in her name so I don't forget to change and if I forget she'll remind me? ????

Another one of these threads......

Bottom line IMHO is that there are 2 clashing cultures in play which is why you have the endless debates and arguments about it. Western countries over the years have established age boundaries and acceptance levels because relationships in the west are far more complex. Its not right or wrong, just what it is. Thailand, along with many SEAsian countries,  generally see relationships very differently and honestly they are established on a very basic premise i.e. Security (both financial and physical) and basic emotional connection. 

I attempt not to judge people for their choices albeit that does not mean I might not laugh a bit under my breath about some couples I see out and about as I travel in Thailand. Typically however I do not see many older western men with stunning knock out women. I have noticed though that it appears that a great number of posters defending their position are ages of 65, 70 and up. I can understand their bias to their personal decision. But if it works, then whatever gets them by. Relationships are personal and each one different along with most will have radically different expectations and tolerance levels of their spouse.

The comments about fat old western women seems to reign big on most reasons(excuses) for dating or marrying younger Thai women here. Not all western women are fat and ugly though when they get older. I think many have blinders on based on maybe a bad relationship back home. I know many 40+ year old western women that are quite attractive with brains to match. 

As for me, I could not see myself with a gal 10 or so years younger than myself. I have worked and met many Thai office/technical women here from 15, 20, 25 years younger than me and I simply cannot adapt to the maturity (or lack there of ) of someone 10 or so years younger than me, especially ones that have never left Thailand and have zero worldly experience. Now maybe that's the appeal for some men and that's what makes us all different with different expectations.  

From my observations relationships with very large differences tend not to last....but it's obviously a not a hard, fast rule.

In my relationship the age difference is 15 years and that seems ok. We can talk about things....I'm not too sure what I would talk about with a 25 year old, and I need someone to talk to because, despite how farang men tend to brag, 70 year old men don't have sex 5 times a day.

55 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I do not see many older western men with stunning knock out women.

I don't see many western men of any age with stunning knock out women.

Most of the guys with white women seem to be trailing their grannies along behind them.

That includes the young backpacker guys, a horrendous pack of heifers travelling with them.

The Thai wives/gfs are invariably more bangable than the western wives/gfs.

54 minutes ago, JAFO said:

As for me, I could not see myself with a gal 10 or so years younger than myself. I have worked and met many Thai office/technical women here from 15, 20, 25 years younger than me and I simply cannot adapt to the maturity (or lack there of ) of someone 10 or so years younger than me, especially ones that have never left Thailand and have zero worldly experience. Now maybe that's the appeal for some men and that's what makes us all different with different expectations.  

Is a 40 year old woman mature?  Because that's 30 years younger than me. 

12 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Is a 40 year old woman mature?  Because that's 30 years younger than me. 

Depends I suppose. You would need to assess the woman but if you are 70+ and lived in the states I doubt she would even give you the time of day other than to be polite to a senior citizen...????

Lets be honest here, generally speaking men here in Thailand are not the George Clooney, Harrison Ford, Richard Gere, Kevin Costner looking types. We all get old and if you don't keep yourself up a bit ones looks start to fade. Its the reality of life. 

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't see many western men of any age with stunning knock out women.

Most of the guys with white women seem to be trailing their grannies along behind them.

That includes the young backpacker guys, a horrendous pack of heifers travelling with them.

The Thai wives/gfs are invariably more bangable than the western wives/gfs.

I agree albeit we are a bit off topic.

Clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say but from a straight up sex appeal as they walk by with the western man...naaaaaah. As you said, even the young backpackers are not with the stunning beauties that always seem to be the images portrayed about Thailand. Now do not get me wrong, its not like I am gawking at every woman or couple. Most I never even notice however sometimes people just stand out for whatever reason.

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Thais age badly in my opinion. A 40 year old woman could easily look less than the 30-40 year gap between her and her husband

What? My Thai GF at 52 gets mistaken for 35-40 by most Thais and farangs. IMHO Thai women age very well because they look after themselves. She starts fretting if her weight goes from 41 kg to 43 kg.

I can remember in my teens getting into some heavy petting sessions with a 30 yo. shapely blonde. I was probably too callow for her, because it never got any further. I still wish it had, because she could have taught me a lot.

A few casual encounters with young women and a lousy marriage have convinced me older, experienced women are much better in the sack. Virginity and youth are badly overrated.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

A few casual encounters with young women and a lousy marriage have convinced me older, experienced women are much better in the sack. Virginity and youth are badly overrated.

I keep telling my lower parts the same thing, but it won't listen and has absolutely no interest in any woman over age 30.

Archived