"He's dating age-appropriate...."

Trujillo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I keep telling my lower parts the same thing, but it won't listen and has absolutely no interest in any woman over age 30.

No reason to feel lonely. Plenty of others out there with the same control problem. Although it's not really a problem.

From my viewpoint, I have less competition, and the ladies are more willing and grateful.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JAFO said:

The comments about fat old western women seems to reign big on most reasons(excuses) for dating or marrying younger Thai women here. Not all western women are fat and ugly though when they get older. I think many have blinders on based on maybe a bad relationship back home. I know many 40+ year old western women that are quite attractive with brains to match. 

As for me, I could not see myself with a gal 10 or so years younger than myself. I have worked and met many Thai office/technical women here from 15, 20, 25 years younger than me and I simply cannot adapt to the maturity (or lack there of ) of someone 10 or so years younger than me, especially ones that have never left Thailand and have zero worldly experience. Now maybe that's the appeal for some men and that's what makes us all different with different expectations.  

Go to any shopping mall in a Western country. Compare the PERCENTAGES of fat slobs or older goodlooking women with what you see in shopping malls in Thailand every day. It's no contest.

Whether a younger Thai woman has worldly experience is irrelevant to me. Whether she is street-smart is. Intelligence doesn't just reside in Western-developed IQ tests.

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Whether she is street-smart is.

Just out of curiosity, what is Thai street smarts? I have found this to a be huge issue here. But again maybe that's what appeals to many men here. 

But if speaking in general about any woman I require a balance of both intellect and street smarts. Western women I have known (in the states) are leap years ahead but that's because they are exposed to more far earlier in life and grow up much faster.  This is why most 30 year old Thai women act so juvenile IMO.  You know. Bunny slippers at work, hello kitty stuff.  

At 69 I have been dating girls in their early to mid 40s whom I find attractive. Lately I have been thinking that in 10 years I will be a geriatric 80 and my gf will still be a mid-50's active person. I tried dating some ladies in their early 50s to minimise the spread but found them totally unattractive and no fun to be with. I will stick with the mid-40s ladies.

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow...  a negative experience in the past perhaps ????

When you're a decent looking multi-millionaire in the west, you end up exposed to a LOT more of the trash that women have made of themselves than most... My demographic sampling is far more accurate than your's, I absolutely guarantee it. There's simply no reason to put up with western women when pretty much anything else is a better option.

And..

It's not always about sex and money. In fact, for me, it has nearly nothing to do with it. Of the Thai girls I've been with, few were more attractive than the worthless garbage from back home that I could have by simply not saying "no."

It's the attitude.

Just a few days ago I strolled into a GoGo bar for my weekly overdose of overpriced Nam Pao... I had no intention of taking anything home with me. Just a gander. The young thang with the entitled attitude that pushed me to buy her a drink the moment I walked in the door? No thanks. But the older gal that became a gym rat when she realized her marketability was fading? The one with the sweet demeanor? the one that says "thank you you're welcome I pee bah" when I tell her she's pee bah? She talked me into it by saying barely a word. Mostly just sat there with good posture and a smile. She's a few years OLDER than myself, and it shows. Might be the least attractive woman I've ever been with... And not very good at, ahem, the deed... But, a few days on I still remember her name. Can't say that about the rest... She even swept up, did the few dirty dishes I had in the sink, and helped me carry my laundry down to the complex washing machines...

Did I get some looks? Yup.

Do I give a sh!t? Nope.

She speaks enough English to enjoy Game of thrones, and I have every episode so far on my phone, screen-cast to the TV. She'll be back just to hang out. No money or sex involved. Just binge watching Game of Thrones snuggled on the sofa.

A random Thai hooker is better company than any western female. And it's not even a close call...

fatties gonna fat....

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Sorry but I just did a quick survey. No one in America has an issue with a 30 year old dating a 25 year old.  Get real. 

Did you ask all of them?

I just described what I read in the books. I have no idea how many Americans think like that but it must be at least a few.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Just out of curiosity, what is Thai street smarts? I have found this to a be huge issue here. But again maybe that's what appeals to many men here. 

But if speaking in general about any woman I require a balance of both intellect and street smarts. Western women I have known (in the states) are leap years ahead but that's because they are exposed to more far earlier in life and grow up much faster.  This is why most 30 year old Thai women act so juvenile IMO.  You know. Bunny slippers at work, hello kitty stuff.  

I define Thai street smarts as knowing when one is being offered a fair deal, and when someone is trying it on. Knowing how to thread the needle of Thai officialdom, and negotiate a good outcome. Knowing which food stall has good food, and which one will poison you. I could probably think of more examples from watching my GF in action. I value it, because it saves me a lot of aggravation.

I can't disagree there are many Thai women of 30 years that are airheads. However, in the US and Australia, there are many women of all ages who hang on the doings of the British Royal family. An institution that has zero relevance to their lives. Tell me they are not airheads too.

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

However, in the US and Australia, there are many women of all ages who hang on the doings of the British Royal family. An institution that has zero relevance to their lives. Tell me they are not airheads too.

You must mean the UK..... Not much attention paid to them in the US.....

3 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

You must mean the UK..... Not much attention paid to them in the US.....

No, there are quite a few in the US as well. I don't have a problem with the UK women, because the monarchy is relevant to them.

Whenever there is a visit by one of the royals to the US, the media and socialites go ga-ga.

9 hours ago, animalmagic said:

The social experiment as you call it was nothing more than showing my niece that it is wrong to judge without knowing the facts, a point you seem to have missed.  My wife, of almost 20 years now, was not at a distance but only a couple of yards behind us; she too has the seen the looks of judgmental people when I have held her hand in public!  "Pattaya of all places" is a very judgmental comment.

My niece was not bait, I have no ego that needs to be stroked; and my niece understood what was going on.  As amply demonstrated by her comments at check out.  

Next time you see a fat old man holding the hand of a young Thai lady, come over and meet my niece, she has happily held my hand since she was a toddler.

I'll play this game.  The fact that you sexualize your niece (yes, i said it:  you were not holding her hand like a dad, and you know it) in the sex capital makes you a pretty bad parent.  I would NEVER do that to a girl in Pattaya, and why you like to play games with her in Pattaya says a lot about your morals.  Can't afford a better city to hang out with your niece?  if she lives there, you take her out of that place.  but, whatever, it's pretty sad farangs want to help but end up propagating the same disgusting behavior that is frowned upon in any reasonable country.  take her to the museum, a play, anything.....oh, no, pattaya and hold my hand so my wife can judge if others think i'm a sex pervert. really horrible.  

2 minutes ago, puukao said:

oh, no, pattaya and hold my hand so my wife can judge if others think i'm a sex pervert. really horrible. 

It's a common game many young Thai girls like to play.

My daughter started doing it when she was 14, if she noticed a funny look from a white woman, she would be on my lap in a second.

Just now, puukao said:

I'll play this game.  The fact that you sexualize your niece (yes, i said it:  you were not holding her hand like a dad, and you know it) in the sex capital makes you a pretty bad parent.  I would NEVER do that to a girl in Pattaya, and why you like to play games with her in Pattaya says a lot about your morals.  Can't afford a better city to hang out with your niece?  if she lives there, you take her out of that place.  but, whatever, it's pretty sad farangs want to help but end up propagating the same disgusting behavior that is frowned upon in any reasonable country.  take her to the museum, a play, anything.....oh, no, pattaya and hold my hand so my wife can judge if others think i'm a sex pervert. really horrible.  

Well, you certainly get the gold medal for jumping to conclusions.  I'd really like to understand how you can 'know' how I was holding her hand.  I was holding it in the same way that I first held it when she was 2 years old, gently and with great care; I know of no other way.  She has traveled abroad to cities you might consider more civilised and I held her hand there.  In fact we have several friends in foreign countries whose daughters all hold my hand and hug me in public.  Perhaps you would like to state your well researched opinion on that as well?

My niece chooses to hang out with me and my wife in Pattaya because we live here and she likes to visit and stay with us.  Who knows, when she finishes University she may even choose to live here.  My niece found the whole experience educational and gained great insight into how quickly people can judge others without any true knowledge of them and their character.

Obviously you feel people who live here are all of a lower social and financial status than you and only worthy of contempt.  I'm so sorry for not being rich enough to impress you.  I'm sure my niece will visit us wherever we live.

You have absolutely no idea of us or our history yet you generalise and condemn every foreigner living in Pattaya.  Even to the extent of accusing me of 'sad behaviour that is frowned upon in any reasonable country.'  Please do provide evidence of the number of times you have observed me indulging in sad behaviour in Pattaya.

Once again I will state that my wife was not judging if others think I am a sex pervert, she was amused that people were so quick to judge and show their prejudices so openly.  Please at least read what I write before you get on your high horse and judge.

There's another social more involving male/female relationships that still hasn't been broken down with time - that the man has to be  taller than the woman.

I like it when I see a man with a taller woman, as it's breaking down this ancient social taboo that men almost never break.

52 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

There's another social more involving male/female relationships that still hasn't been broken down with time - that the man has to be  taller than the woman.

I like it when I see a man with a taller woman, as it's breaking down this ancient social taboo that men almost never break.

I'm 6'4" = no thanks.....

Unfortunately, this is something that can never be agreed upon because its a question of ethics which vary culture-to-culture and time period-to-time period.

In some countries, consenual sex starts at 18, 16 and even 13 years old in some countries. I want to say as low as 11 years old. That's disgusting from our point of view, but it's not from said cultures views.

For a 40 year gap between a Senior Citizen and a 30 year old to be morally right or wrong... well... maybe we should be talking about something more urgent like how the air all over thailand is more toxic than a cigarette now because that old man is going to be dead soon because of it.

About the 30 year old's motives, maybe she's tired of playboy Thai men and sEXPATS... Maybe she feels like the only way to get a loyal and honest man is to get one too old to cheat. Did anyone ever think about that instead of thinking it's money?

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

It's not a taboo, just numbers. Lots of singers are short and they date taller models. The average man isn't short and models want rich guys.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:28 PM, VocalNeal said:

The old adage is/was half the man's age plus 7.

and that is my lady's age exactly, don't know how it happened but it is what it is.  Been together 22 years now, the secret is - we are not married, we are life partners  -  who need a piece of paper to tell us we are "married" I certainly don't, and neither does she.  We are both catholic BTW.

5 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

and that is my lady's age exactly, don't know how it happened but it is what it is.  Been together 22 years now, the secret is - we are not married, we are life partners  -  who need a piece of paper to tell us we are "married" I certainly don't, and neither does she.  We are both catholic BTW.

Need marriage (to Thai lady) to get 400,000 off the visa extension amount in the bank.

11 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Bernie Ecclestone isn't listening.

image.png.8d53e240e6f1d492e45f3eea40d203b7.png

12 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Need marriage (to Thai lady) to get 400,000 off the visa extension amount in the bank.

Other people need that, not me. I never let my bank account go below 2 million Baht.  Besides I don't live in Thailand full time, own property in three countries, and am always moving round, staying ahead of the Monsoons and Winter.  ✌️

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you ask all of them?

I just described what I read in the books. I have no idea how many Americans think like that but it must be at least a few.

Then there are at least a few here in Thailand and every country. Your argument is so stupid you should really give up.   I mean I really can’t believe how silly what you posted above sounds. 

15 hours ago, LetsCleanUpTHAILAND said:

About the 30 year old's motives, maybe she's tired of playboy Thai men and sEXPATS... Maybe she feels like the only way to get a loyal and honest man is to get one too old to cheat. Did anyone ever think about that instead of thinking it's money?

Thought about it, then dismissed it as a 'my one is different' male fantasy.

In reality, it's always about the money, only the price and the payment plan vary. AWALT.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, bkk6060 said:

It is all such a societal manipulation mostly I think driven by western females.

My guideline here is she needs to be 30 years younger then me or more.

Why not?  I do not want to be with some old lady in my country which is why I left.

No law or rule against it and who cares if people are happy.

What he said! 

Archived