New Hua Hin Immigration office to open 4th Feb 2019

New Hua Hin Immigration office to open 4th Feb 2019

Screen Shot 2562-01-29 at 12.40.07.png

The new Hua Hin immigration office

Hua Hin immigration is moving from its beachside location at 19 Rai to a new location in the Thap Thai area of the town.

Immigration officers told Thaivisa the new office will open on 4th February 2019 and is located next to Smart House Village on the same road as May’s Kitchen, a restaurant popular with expats in the area.

The GPS coordinates for the new office are 12.553219,99.898742. / 12°33'11.6"N 99°53'55.5"E

Foreigners will need to visit the new office in Thap Thai to apply for or renew their annual marriage or retirement extensions.

However, expats are reminded that 90 day reports and re-entry permits can completed at the Immigration office located in the basement of BluPort.

IMMIGRATION.jpg

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-29

why does this look like the worst possible design for dealing with large groups of people?:shock1:

how long until the trailers pop up in the parking lot to house people doing the actual work?:clap2:

is it also a control tower for Hua Hin airport? :clap2:

"OK 75 year old Expats in Hua Hin, 90 day reporting on third floor. sorry no elevator." :cheesy:

very nice but unnecessary copy and photo lady made 50 million baht in the last 20 years, her office on top now and she owns the land. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

why does this look like the worst possible design for dealing with large groups of people?:shock1:

how long until the trailers pop up in the parking lot to house people doing the actual work?:clap2:

is it also a control tower for Hua Hin airport? :clap2:

"OK 75 year old Expats in Hua Hin, 90 day reporting on third floor. sorry no elevator." :cheesy:

very nice but unnecessary copy and photo lady made 50 million baht in the last 20 years, her office on top now and she owns the land. :cheesy:

Not sure the office could operate without her assistance. She seems to be key to every process and her efficiency is astounding.

And the picture is misleading. There are actually three 2-story office buildings behind the main building shown.  Not sure what all the extra space is for, but this is way bigger than current site.  Biggest issue I see is the sharp blind curve right before the entrance.  Drive carefully boys and girls...

52 minutes ago, rickthompson said:

Biggest issue I see is the sharp blind curve right before the entrance.  Drive carefully boys and girls...

Yes...This is very true.  I could see accidents happening as people try to turn into the parking lot or exit because of this blind curve.  Be very careful!

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

At the price she charges for a visa, she should be efficient!

I am referring to the woman who makes copies. I have never paid her more than 50 baht. The price of a visa has nothing to do with the services she provides. She makes copies, photos and organizes your documents. 50baht seems quite reasonable for assuring the success of your application.  Not sure who you are referring to.

On 1/29/2019 at 11:11 AM, ddotmark said:

Finally. I've been waiting for this move. I live at Smart House Village. I can walk to Immigration now????

... or simply perform the 90 days hello from your terrace as they are watching you ....:thumbsup:

On 1/29/2019 at 7:21 PM, ukrules said:

That map sucks, not one landmark like Market Village or Bluport shown on there.

It appears to be somewhere near the end of Soi 88.

The map would have had to be extended to a ridiculous extent to include either of those 'landmarks.' Including either of them would not really help in finding the new office. The map looks perfectly fine to me. As others have said, just search for Smart House Village on Google (or Google Maps).

The Thai maps a re notoriously weird. The thing that works best for me is simple GPS co-ordinates. These locked in, I'm sure my GPS can find me the way. Almost everybody's got a GPS on their phones, no?

And I don't have a clue what Mays Kitchen is... The new office is supposed to serve the whole of PKK province, over 220km of Highway 4. Pity they didn't build it in PKK city as the plan once was.

Other than that, any comments on the new office? Did they get any new waiting chairs? improved the staff?

Went past there yesterday, just to make the location. Thanks to the GPS coordinates.

It's far from anywhere.... It will not be much fun when the IO want's additional copies of that or a printout of something else... Especially with a 2.5 hour drive home....

I hope they got new waiting room chairs....

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 2:08 AM, observer90210 said:

And the next Immigration Office in 10 years for the area,  will be built even further .. say near Bangkok for those pesky farangs ?!! :sorry:

As its sinking Bangkok may be relocated to Hua Hin.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

The map would have had to be extended to a ridiculous extent to include either of those 'landmarks.' Including either of them would not really help in finding the new office. The map looks perfectly fine to me. As others have said, just search for Smart House Village on Google (or Google Maps).

Ever heard of using a smaller scale? You sound like one of those people who, if I asked directions to somewhere, would give me directions as if I knew where it was already.....????.

• 1 month later...

My answer # 27 is a response to Message 25.
I repeat,
yes you can make an extension of OA to the new office, whose address and plan you drop down, up, the questions and answers of the Internet users, weird or not.

Archived