Stolen Laptop

Davai

Hello

I had my laptop stolen , and I know whos the person that took , I have evidence , receipt and CCTV showing the person was with my laptop book 

I have the receipt that the laptop is mine with my credit card 

I caught the person but he denied it , happens he have sold my laptop to a second hand shop

Now the person is missing , ran away and in hiding

All this happen in Pattaya ,

I have made police report showed them my evidence and etc 

They wrote a report and gave it to me

What should I do next to block this person from flying out of the country ?

Should I hire a lawyer and make a court order ?

I want to teach this thief a lesson 

If goes to court what is the sentence ?

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Did you get your laptop back?

No I didn't the person refuse to tell police where he sold it , and police let him go , now I went to the lawyer asking the police to re open the case 

The Thai police keep on asking me to hire a lawyer because they said their job is only write a report 

The acuser is now gone missing he didn't return back to his condo for the past 3 days 

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

What evidence could you show a lawyer (or the police) that the person concerned stole your laptop?

Proof of purchase under my name  , CCTV 

The person actually admited he sold but then he ran away

Hello DAVAI post 1, 

Apparently, you know the nationality of this person, since you fear that she will leave the country.
And certainly her name, since you know where she lives.
I understand that you want to teach this person a lesson, but taking a lawyer will cost you more than buying a computer.
Continue your survey with the guesthouse where he stayed. Good luck.

If he has disappeared, you might have gotten your wish... I understand the feeling of being violated when someone steals from you like this... but, you might be throwing good energy after bad... probably best to let it go - this person is awful and not likely going to have a good life... put it in your past. 

On 1/30/2019 at 3:15 AM, stud858 said:

One day, someone will cut off someone's hands for stealing like in the bad old days and I would hope it's put on YouTube for all to see.

It still happens. I have some very disturbing video of that and people being shot through both their hands. 

One would think they’d won’t be doing it again any time soon 

1 hour ago, sirocco said:

Hello DAVAI post 1, 

Apparently, you know the nationality of this person, since you fear that she will leave the country.
I understand that you want to teach this person a lesson, but taking a lawyer will cost you more than buying a computer.

Confusion confusion , is it a he, or a she . Or did he get robbed by a ladyboy . 

On 1/29/2019 at 3:00 PM, Davai said:

No I didn't the person refuse to tell police where he sold it , and police let him go , now I went to the lawyer asking the police to re open the case 

The Thai police keep on asking me to hire a lawyer because they said their job is only write a report 

The acuser is now gone missing he didn't return back to his condo for the past 3 days 

Forget the lawyer. Hire some moto taxi guys...

25 minutes ago, Enoon said:

"I want to teach this thief a lesson" 

And the police are inviting you to.

But they don't want to be troubled, so I would suggest nothing "permanent".

Nothing too......newsworthy.

Yeah, the cutting off whole hand would be a bit noteworthy; maybe a finger or three would be okay; a hammer across the carpals/metacarpals might be better. 

It's obvious that this offender cares nothing for other people's property and, therefore, sometimes a wai and 500baht fine are not deterrents. 

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

It still happens. I have some very disturbing video of that and people being shot through both their hands. 

One would think they’d won’t be doing it again any time soon 

Actually, I've calmed down.

Let's just allow the police to do their job.

That was just an over reaction from me and I apologize. 

11 hours ago, sirocco said:

Hello DAVAI post 1, 

To DAVAI   -  be a Man and do what a MAN does, go to her house, someone knows where she lives now, and just beat the shit out of her, it's her word against yours..........or did you give her your laptop, and you are now afraid to try to get it back................I read your posts, and answers, don't sound like someone that has something stolen from them, sounds more like a scourned lover than anything else........... oh, BTW, forget about the beat the ........ out of her bit, just trying to get a rise out a ya.

Just dawned on me - you eant her deported???  so must be a foreigner.forget what I said about forgetting about kicking her ass,  BIB don't care anything about Farang on Farang beat downs, unless it causes a ruckus on social media.  Go ahead, pay her a visit.

Archived