If a farang married a Thai girl can the farang use the Thai health insurance 30 baht plan ?

how241

If a farang married a Thai girl, can the farang use the Thai health insurance 30 baht plan ? Assume the Thai lady is not working and does not have health insurance from any job.  If so,  what paperwork is needed? Thank you.

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

she is welcome to use the NHS though,one of the benefits of brexit will be stopping all these ex bar girls fleecing the NHS and depriving the good UK taxpaying citizens of a better NHS,farage and bojo told me so

I am not sure of the 'brexit' reference.  I am only referring to Thai/Farang  living inside of Thailand.

As the husband of a Thai citizen, you are entitled to many things:

1. To send money for the sick _____ (insert animal or member of family here)

2. To support your Thai wife, her extended family and her 'brother.' ????

3. To buy the family home, fix it up and to never really own it.

4. Leave you balls, morals and common sense at immigration when you enter

5. To pay for everything yourself, health care and such but be labeled by the government as that damn foreigner who is taking advantage of Thailand.

6. Get a job to support said wife but be restricted to what you can do, as it may inconvenience a Thai. Think 'English teacher.'

7. Come up with 400,000 baht a year to show that you can support your wife in the life style that she has become accustomed to up until she met you. ????

You are entitled to all above and much more but never, ever ask for anything free or 30 baht yeh freeloader. Also, when your wife dies after years of supporting her and her ungrateful family and you are in your older years ............. get the F##k out and comeback when you have 800,000 baht.

Feel the love, feel the love. ????

No.

Of the 3 health schemes that make up universal coverage in Thailand the only one which includes spouses is the Civil Service SS scheme.

Regular SS and the "30 baht" scheme do not.

You can use government hospitals, but you have to pay full price.

7 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Feel the love, feel the love.

So I guess your saying 'NO' to the original question. Fortunately , in my 10 years of living here,  most all of what you post has not applied directly to me.  Maybe I have been lucky. My glass is half FULL.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No.

Of the 3 health schemes that make up universal coverage in Thailand the only one which includes spouses is the Civil Service SS scheme.

Regular SS and the "30 baht" scheme do not.

You can use government hospitals, but you have to pay full price.

Thank you for your most complete and informative answer.  You are a true blessing on this board.  Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, how241 said:

So I guess your saying 'NO' to the original question. Fortunately , in my 10 years of living here,  most all of what you post has not applied directly to me.  Maybe I have been lucky. My glass is half FULL.

30 baht health system is out for us. Need to be privately insured. If you're still young, got no health complaints, getting in early to a program is a good idea. I had 300K paid out last year in health costs.

My glass is also half full. The only complaint I have got is buying chicken feed but I suppose, I eat the chickens as well.

Archived