Do people ever get deposits back from True Vision?

thonglorjimmy

We've had True Vision for ten years plus, probably paying in the region of 18,000 Baht rental for each of our three boxes over the period on top of the fee for the signal and 2,000 Baht deposit for each of the boxes.

We were leaving Bangkok in late November, going to Europe for a few weeks and on our return moving out of the city, so we gave one months nothice of termination, True being True they made it as difficult as possible, I couldn't cancel by phone I had to go into a shop and queue for an hour.

They said they would send an engineer to disconnect the boxes, take them away and we could get our deposit back at any True shop, again True being True the engineer didn't arrive.

On our return from Europe I took the boxes back to True, they noted that an engineer hadn't collected the boxes, apologised and said it would take up to one month to receive a refund.

The month came and went and, surprise surprise no refund.

My wife called their call centre and they couldn't find a record on their system of me returning the boxes, the guy promised to check and call back though of course he never did, though the system did send me a sms asking for a score of the service I received.

It's become a matter of principal now, 6,000 Baht isn't a great deal of money in the great scheme of things, but I'm blowed if I'm just going to roll over.

As a retiree I have plenty of time on my hands, but do people actually get deposits back or just give up? 

We got our deposit back no problem, the man turned up at the appointed time to take away the box and dish.

Cancelled over the phone, I don't recall exactly how we received the money but it didn't involve mucking about in True shops.

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We got our deposit back no problem, the man turned up at the appointed time to take away the box and dish.

Cancelled over the phone, I don't recall exactly how we received the money but it didn't involve mucking about in True shops.

Ditto.

I got my deposit back in a cheque

Been nearly 10 years since we left True Visions (using IPTV now) but we just didn't pay the last few months bills and that balanced out the refund we thought we might otherwise not have got. A few months after that they came and collected the boxes. Haven't missed them a bit.

We had three boxes we cancelled by phone 2 years ago. They were picked up by True (not an agent) within a few days and we got a written return confirmation.

As no money received within one month we called head office in Bangkok. They told us they have not got any confirmation the boxes had been picked up. So we sent a copy of the return confirmation. Within another month full deposit (thb 6000) returned.

Never got my deposit back 4K, have never forgot it

and still hate them,but the good news they have

not had a satang from me since,and i can watch

everything they broadcast,and more,without adverts,

and when I want to view it.

regards worgeordie

My wife called their call centre again yesterday.

She was told that when I took the boxes back the woman logged my refund details in the system, but not the fact that I'd returned the boxes, so the refund wasn't activated.

The guy she spoke to has now started the process and we should get the refund in March, I'm at a loss to understand why a refund takes so long when I can pay them instantly.

I wonder how much those boxes actually cost, I suspect a lot less than I've paid in rental over the years.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 11:00 AM, thonglorjimmy said:

My wife called their call centre again yesterday.

She was told that when I took the boxes back the woman logged my refund details in the system, but not the fact that I'd returned the boxes, so the refund wasn't activated.

The guy she spoke to has now started the process and we should get the refund in March, I'm at a loss to understand why a refund takes so long when I can pay them instantly.

I wonder how much those boxes actually cost, I suspect a lot less than I've paid in rental over the years.

We canceled on the 6th - had to use a video phone at the true shop rather then just the people there.  They scheduled a visit to pick up the equipment.  By the 14th we had not heard from anyone so we go back in and tell them nothing has happened and we don't want to be paying - we need the final bill we are leaving.   So she says she will call us after she gets hold of them - she calls about 30 minutes after we leave the shop and they are coming in the morning the 15th - they don't call or show.  We now have her number so we call her and tell her and she said he will be there in the morning the 16th for sure.   OK we will see - but they do. 

I have the org. packaging and the box and everything ready to go.  They take the dish down which is ok but they just cut the cable - oh well I am leaving not my problem - they have no paper work so I am concerned about how this will turn out.  I wait a few days and go in to make sure they are starting the final bill and they have the equipment recorded expecting the worst - but hay - not only did they have that reported the final bill was payable and the deposit was credited to the amount from the last month which had not been paid yet.  So well I can see it should have been less hassle then this - once they got the equipment going it went well.  All done.  

I don't see why it would take that long unless you owe nothing and they have to cut a check - if just a credit to account maybe would be faster like ours was.  I know when we first canceled they said if the bill shows up don't pay it just wait.  Half the time the bill never comes in time anyway and I go in before the due date and pay it anyway - not their fault - the PO seems to only bring mail down this street one day of the month.  Everything always comes on the same day mid month.

Yes, it's amazing companies charge for their expenses, fair enough, but the expenses you encounter such as phone calls, travel, time spent, is somehow worth bugger all.

I joke with them, and let them know and insist there will be an extra fee they need to pay to me for the administrative fee.

We have gotten three deposits back from True over the last half dozen or so years.   The first one took approx 100 days which included numerous follow-ups.....the next one a few years later took about about 4 to 6 weeks with follower ups....both of those refunds were via check in the mail.  

But the last one about two years ago was processed by a former neighbor.   The wife and I we were so surprised when our queue number at the True Center in a local mall ended up getting us a representative that was our former neighbor.   We chatted old times as she processed our paperwork...a few days later a True guy came by to pick-up the settop boxes....and then around 10 days later we got the deposit back....and it was direct deposited to the bank account that we always paid our bill from.  

So happy to be rid of True, specifically TrueVisions.  Have been a happy camper since switching to AIS Fibre and their Platinum TV package that's a third the cost of the TrueVisions Platinum TV package...and the AIS TV package is every bit as good....probably better than the TrueVisions Platinum TV package since the AIS TV package includes HBO movie channels.

Archived