Silica sand

sometime

Time to renew the sand in my filter, but the problem is the silica sand, all the pool shops want to sell me is sea sand or river sand, or the usual no have.

I could order online but the transport cost are far too expensive

Anyone know a shop in Pattaya/Najomtien that has silica sand for sure.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Bagwain said:

About the same price as "Eco Clear"

I do for 1,000 baht p/20 kg. Not include labour!

You need 80 % of the kg's of sand.

Last 15 yrs & far the best on the market, silica sand 5 yrs.

It is the only media I use!!

Don't be confused with recycled bottle glass. This is recycled plate glass!

Eco Clear Brochure.pdf

So you do 1000 baht per 20kg Eco Clear

Swimmingpools Thailand price is 789 baht per 25kg even with their shipment cost you are more expensive

SPT's Eco Clear is described as bottle glass rather than plate glass and Bagwain is apparently claiming that plate glass is superior. I don't know whether it is or not, as I'm quite happy using silica sand.

[When it comes to the debate between Eco Clear and silica sand, if you know you are going to be using your pool for the 15 years of Eco Clear's usable life then I'm sure it makes sense not to use silica sand (particularly as I find it necessary to replace silica sand every 3 years not 5) and if the claims for reduced backwashing volume/time (made on SPT's site) holds up then that further tips the value equation between Eco Clear and silica sand in favour of the former].

7 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

SPT's Eco Clear is described as bottle glass rather than plate glass and Bagwain is apparently claiming that plate glass is superior. I don't know whether it is or not, as I'm quite happy using silica sand.

[When it comes to the debate between Eco Clear and silica sand, if you know you are going to be using your pool for the 15 years of Eco Clear's usable life then I'm sure it makes sense not to use silica sand (particularly as I find it necessary to replace silica sand every 3 years not 5) and if the claims for reduced backwashing volume/time (made on SPT's site) holds up then that further tips the value equation between Eco Clear and silica sand in favour of the former].

Thank you SantiSk.

Sometimes trying to understand someones thinking is trying to smell the colour 9!

The brocher I supplied says it all.

I had a friend who went down this route (To save beer money), only to find out I was right & he wasted his money & time.

Let the OP find out the hard way. I make pittance out of it, so I am not interested.   

1 hour ago, Bagwain said:

Thank you SantiSk.

Sometimes trying to understand someones thinking is trying to smell the colour 9!

The brocher I supplied says it all.

I had a friend who went down this route (To save beer money), only to find out I was right & he wasted his money & time.

Let the OP find out the hard way. I make pittance out of it, so I am not interested.   

If you read my post you will see that I am going for Eco Clear and I quoted the price.

So if you are not interested why bother posting in the first place.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:46 AM, sometime said:

If you read my post you will see that I am going for Eco Clear and I quoted the price.

So if you are not interested why bother posting in the first place.

For your sake, you want to hope it is not bottle glass! Irrespective, thanks for the thanks for pointing you in the right direction, no matter who you buy from!! 

4 hours ago, Bagwain said:

For your sake, you want to hope it is not bottle glass! Irrespective, thanks for the thanks for pointing you in the right direction, no matter who you buy from!! 

Hi so how do i know that its not bottled glass is Eco Clear not all the same.

Swimming pools thailand says on its site it is bottled glass but that could be a mistake in the writing. here is their brochure

eco_clear_Brochure.pdf

38 minutes ago, sometime said:

Hi so how do i know that its not bottled glass is Eco Clear not all the same.

Swimming pools thailand says on its site it is bottled glass but that could be a mistake in the writing. here is their brochure

eco_clear_Brochure.pdf

I can tell by the picture example it is no mistake, recycled bottle glass.

The brochure I attached says it all, if you read it!!!!!

This is exactly what I went through with a so called friend who bought same, thinking it was the same as I was offering & he could get cheaper!! Mud on his face & I made no bones about pointing it out, especially as he bought too much!! ????

He googled it as Mr google knows everything. "Sum num nar" to him. He is way up country as well.

Compare the price now!!!

2 hours ago, Bagwain said:

I can tell by the picture example it is no mistake, recycled bottle glass.

The brochure I attached says it all, if you read it!!!!!

This is exactly what I went through with a so called friend who bought same, thinking it was the same as I was offering & he could get cheaper!! Mud on his face & I made no bones about pointing it out, especially as he bought too much!! ????

He googled it as Mr google knows everything. "Sum num nar" to him. He is way up country as well.

Compare the price now!!!

Hi Bagwain, sent you a PM

Archived