Work Permit

orientfan

Hi everyone,
I'm new here so please forgive if this is an often asked question!
I'm retired in Thailand and have an RV, however, have been asked to teach English to company staff maybe 4 hours per week.
1. The company will not go through the hassle of organising a WP for me, I suspect.
2. What are the dangers of this part-time work without a WP?
3. What is the going rate for teaching 10 management staff for 2 hours?
Thank you very much for any and all useful information!

While I agree the legalities leave you in an unprotected position, to the issue of pay. It is my own personal experience that corporate training - assuming you have to design the curriculum and not using the corporations own material - I might ask for around B1,000 to B1,500 per hour.

But there’s lots of variables.

How many people?
Transportation issues for you?
What’s your qualifications?
How many hours/days?
Etc

All of these issues can bump up what I’d expect or drive down what I would expect...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1. Hiring season is upon us. You need not work for agencies who wilfully break the law.

2. You will never be paid what you are worth through an agency. They need to pay you and pay for the office, staff and managers and owner(s) who contribute nothing.

IMO the only thing worse than working at a language center is doing off-site business classes.

The above post states 1000-1500 and that sounds about right with transport costs, time and prep. They won't offer half that

Archived