Electronic visa on arrival facility for 20 economies

webfact

Electronic visa on arrival facility for 20 economies 

By   THE NATION 

33c4cd8fcf1235253c7ed202572fdc13-atwb.jpg

FILE Photo

THAILAND launched an electronic visa on arrival (E-VOA) facility for passengers from 20 economies to increase convenience, safety and speed of processing.

Pol Lt General Surachaet Hakparn, chief of the Immigration Bureau said the department has teamed up with VFS Global, Airports Authority of Thailand, Thai Airways International and Thai Smile Airways to provide Thailand E-Visa On Arrival for tourists’ convenience.

Yesterday, Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan announced the E-Visa On Arrival facility at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

The move comes due to rising number of tourists every year, with 7 million getting visas on arrival, which has led to congestion and inconvenience.

The Immigration Bureau has joined hands with visa service provider VFS Global to help design and develop E-VOA and e-Payment.

The E-VOA will start in 20 economies: China, India, Andorra, Bulgaria, Bhutan, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Marino, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan to Taiwan.

VFS Global has also developed a fast-track service at Suvarnabhumi Airport, allowing passengers to hand in their passports without filling information to immigration officials for the visa.

Sumeth Damrongchaitham, president of Thai Airways International, said that E-Visa on Arrival will also be offered to customers of THAI and Thai Smile Airline to shorten travel time and procedure.

When passengers buy a |ticket through the website thaiairways.com or thaismileair.com and THAI’s mobile app, they can apply for Thailand E-Visa On Arrival from anywhere, any day and 24 hours a day by clicking on the menu “Thailand E-Visa On Arrival”. 

They must fill personal and travel information with ePayment for visa through the website thailandevoa.vfsvisa.com.

VFS Global will inform the results with confirmation to the passengers’ e-mails within three business |days.

Zubin Karkaria, chief executive officer of VFS Global, said that the system would increase safety and speed for tourists who travel to Thailand, while keeping their information confidential with global expertise in visa requests.

VFS provides visa services in 27 cities in four countries.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Tourism/30363169

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-30

56 minutes ago, webfact said:

Zubin Karkaria, chief executive officer of VFS Global, said that the system would increase safety and speed for tourists who travel to Thailand

and make us a <deleted> load of money, after all we are a business

46 minutes ago, kannot said:

20 "economies"? do they mean countries?

Thais don't see the rest of the rest of the world as "nations" 

"economies" is a better word to use for countries and maybe "cash registers" or "atms" could replace the word tourists

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They must fill personal and travel information with ePayment for visa through the website thailandevoa.vfsvisa.com

http://thailandevoa.vfsvisa.com/ doesn't work (can't be reached).

http://www.vfsvisa.com/ gives "access denied".

Impressive and reassuring.

45 minutes ago, Oxx said:

http://thailandevoa.vfsvisa.com/ doesn't work (can't be reached).

http://www.vfsvisa.com/ gives "access denied".

Impressive and reassuring.

Must be the same people who set up the election registration website.

1 minute ago, Teddy3943 said:

Andorra,  Cyprus, Malta, Mauritius, Marino..... a huge number of tourists to deal with....

I was trying to figure out the logic of the choice for the countries mentioned. Unfortunately I'm running out of options...

This why you failed - you're using the wrong type of logic - ferang logic, rather than Thai logic.

1 minute ago, Ramdas said:

And what about the European countries ? Nothing mentioned either ????????‍♂️

Visa on arrival is not appropriate to European countries as they mostly have the option of visa exempt.

You have not grasped what this is about and thus have misunderstood the topic. It is about speeding up and streamlining the 'visa on arrival' process.

Interesting that the Immigration Depertment have subcontracted this to VFS. They normally like to run this type of thing themselves. Let's hope VFS's experience might mean a more stable and user-friendly experience available on muliple browsers than the usual Immigration sites.

Just now, madmitch said:

Interesting that the Immigration Depertment have subcontracted this to VFS. They normally like to run this type of thing themselves. Let's hope VFS's experience might mean a more stable and user-friendly experience available on muliple browsers than the usual Immigration sites.

Multiple browsers? You mean there's another one apart from Netscape?

Just now, madmitch said:

Yes, good point.

That suggests this is driven by a genuine logistic emergency such as hundreds or thousands of Chinese at Don Meuang and Suvannaphum getting stuck in a VOA bottleneck causing knock-on logistical issues at the airports.

The normal drivers for Thai ministerial projects are who derives a benefit (i.e. rent-seeking) and paranoia over sharing information and control with any other party, particularly another government department or agency.

There is also the small possibility that they have finally accepted that giving the contract or job to some Immigration Colonel's son because he has is "Computer" major from Ratchaphat Nakorn Pathom has resulted in numerous embarrassing failures and they have finally learnt their lesson.

15 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

There is also the small possibility that they have finally accepted that giving the contract or job to some Immigration Colonel's son because he has is "Computer" major from Ratchaphat Nakorn Pathom has resulted in numerous embarrassing failures and they have finally learnt their lesson. 

Yes, I think 'small possibility' is probably correct, rather than 'they have finally learnt their lesson'

....and everyone is surprised!  WOW! Either people have NOT learned anything living here, or have NO ability to comprehend reality.  

You have 2 choices: accept it, or don't...I guess you can keep expressing your amazement, but Thai government doesn't care about your sensitive hurt feelings or disappointment.

Zubin Karkaria, chief executive officer of VFS Global, said that the system would increase safety and speed for tourists who travel to Thailand, while keeping their information confidential with global expertise in visa requests.

It is so reassuring...

Cross your fingers and hope that it works. The lines when flights 

come in from “A” largely populated and most favored economy are 

brutal.

The last time I was lucky enough to experience it was a 3 hour wait and saw the same faces over and over as we negotiated the maze. 

Suggest not to hold your breath until it’s up and running.... it might

not work out well for you

I flew in from KL on monday evening and I saw no more than 40 Chinese nationals milling around the VOA area...the rest of immigration was basically empty no one was queueing, they were just walking up to the desks just like I did.

I have a Chinese friends and they came to Thailand last year and applied directly to the Thai consulate in Guangzhou and got a visa in 3 days. Flew to BKK and walked through like anyone else would. I think it is the "sheeple" that suffer travelling in tour groups that end up handing their passports over to a person with a small teddy on a stick and cause the blockages at the airports. 

I have not travelled through UtaPao for years but the I have seen the many planes flying in and out. Since Jomtien is infested with Russians again and Chinese tour groups I guess there are large numbers passing through there ? any one been there recently to see immigration in

action ?

Archived