Thai Female Desires to Visit the United States

Looking to assist my friend but believe that the answer will always be no.  Thought that I would ask the experts on here.

My Friend met a lady in a beer bar in Pattaya four years ago.  They have been together ever since.  He married her in Rio Et about two years ago but did not register the marriage.  He has attempted on many occasions to get a fiancé

visa in Bangkok but has been disapproved. He, incorrectly, checked the block for no criminal activity but they now know that he had domestic violence conviction over 20 years ago.  He seems to have been blackballed.

I have read the Tourist Visa for United States and she does own property, condo, in Pattaya and her family is in Rio Et.  At this point, any visa would be acceptable.  Her only money comes through my friend.  My friend is 66 and the lady is 38.  

He has done all the paperwork himself and he is a screwup at it.  He has been kicked out of both the Thai and American embassies in Bangkok.  Ugly American demand type stuff.  He is one that is harassed when he enters Thailand to access whether he is under the 180 days in a year.  They are really not happy with him spending 90% of his time in Thailand.  Something must be in the computer as he is consistently questioned.

Pay a service?  Or, is this a lost cause.  I would sponsor her but it seems she must qualify on her own merits and situation.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Loads of "red flags" in your story that could keep immigration from issuing a visa.  I believe the fiance visa to US has been discontinued... if you go to the US Embassy website you will find the criteria for a Thai to enter the US.  Approximately 80% of applicants obtain a visa.

The big red flag is the fact she's been denied a K1 visa.

Immigrant visas are pretty much an administrative objective process by USCIS, whereas a tourist visa is much more subjective by the CO at the interview.

To have been denied more than once by USCIS for the K1 in my mind indicates there is something in the background check that is coming up.

If thats the case, forget about any tourist visa, or any other visa for that matter!

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

For a UK visa, this would make no difference, if the applicant met all the other criteria.  Is this different for a US visa?  

Thats actually part of the inconsistencies in the tale. It's ONLY the applicant that goes into the embassy, regardless of visa type.

Husband, boyfriend, thats pretty much irrelevant during the interview part of the process. There is no scenario when it comes to the embassy when the 'partner' takes part. 

For the K1 (fiance) visa he would have simply filled out the paperwork and submitted over the road from the embassy at USCIS , but that's just paperwork. 

'if' she ever got to an interview she would have been by herself

7 hours ago, theoldgit said:

A naming and shaming post removed along with a quoted response, sorry.
Quite a read though.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

It was indeed quite the story.

That's the stuff Lakorns are made of!

• 2 weeks later...

Curiously, what is the current 'default' B-1/B-2 visa length granted?   I've heard of 1 year and 10 years in cases where the VO didn't ask how long a visa was requested.   As far as I know, the DS-160 form doesn't have a request field (other than the intended length of stay... which I assume that most folks are simply putting in the number of days or weeks they expect to spend on vacation... not in terms of years they'd like to have their visa valid for).    Or is it just up to whatever the VO feels like putting down as the visa validity length?

15 hours ago, Heng said:

Curiously, what is the current 'default' B-1/B-2 visa length granted?   I've heard of 1 year and 10 years in cases where the VO didn't ask how long a visa was requested.   As far as I know, the DS-160 form doesn't have a request field (other than the intended length of stay... which I assume that most folks are simply putting in the number of days or weeks they expect to spend on vacation... not in terms of years they'd like to have their visa valid for).    Or is it just up to whatever the VO feels like putting down as the visa validity length?

No place on the application where you specify length.

My wife got a 10 year visa for some unknown reason. We only went to New York for a week holiday and I am not even American.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend flew to Argentina recently and was able to get his passport renewed.  Which is good.

He, then, attempted to get a tourist visa to the U.S. for his “village” marriage wife and she was rejected for it for the fourth time as she could not prove a need to return to Thailand.  

My friend went into a rage and an uproar at the Thai Consulate in Argentina to the extent that the Argentina police were called to remove him from the Thailand Consulate and he tried to goad the police to shoot him.  He has talked about suicide by cop and jumping from balconies both on posted you-Tube videos and emails.  He was eventually talked down by the Argentina police.

He cannot enter Thailand right now as they have told him he must stay out of the country for the next two months to get under the 180 days in country over the last year.  He has only used visa exempts.

Will this and his getting kicked out of the Thai Embassy in BKK end with him being denied entry and, possibly banned.  His is bipolar.  He said some things against the Thai government in the Argentina incident that he should not have said.  Very disparaging and demeaning against the Thai government.

Thanks for your thoughts.  Sleep now.  It is 2:00 a.m. in Thailand and I move to LK the Empress today st noon.

No place on the application where you specify length.

My wife got a 10 year visa for some unknown reason. We only went to New York for a week holiday and I am not even American.

That is because you’re wife qualifies under her own individual characteristics nothing to do with you. Middle class Thais routinely get 10 years.

Archived