Video: Last moments of 17 year old Brit on holiday abroad for the first time

webfact

Video: Last moments of 17 year old Brit on holiday abroad for the first time

screenshot_8574.jpg

video screenshot

Dash cam footage now online shows the accident that claimed the life of a 17 year old British youth.

Anthony Ryan - originally from Bradford but who had moved to Cornwall - lost control of his motorcycle in the Kamala Beach area of Phuket. 

The dash cam footage was from the vehicle that he hit. 

Earlier it was reported that he hit a van on Thursday evening. The eldest of five siblings, his family had set up a GoFundMe page to repatriate his remains. 

The footage ended up on the Newshawk Phuket site that said the accident occurred at 8.55 pm on Thursday in Kamala. 

Source: Newshawk Phuket

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-30

Nasty. Traveling way too fast at night, in the wet. Looks like he clipped the other bike in overtaking and lost it. The only saving grace is that he would have known virtually nothing as that is not an accident anyone is going to walk away from and most likely killed on impact. Absolutely no question who is to blame though.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Tragic simply tragic, but appears to be riding too fast for the road conditions.

Appears to touch the other bike, then lost it.

Far too young to die, but looks like his caused his own death.

Agreed, his own actions brought this upon him. I hope that his younger brothers will learn something from this tragedy and stay safe on the roads themselves as they get older. It only takes one mistake, and it can all be over in an instant.

21 minutes ago, fpexpert said:

It could be the bike in front had no rear light and he didn't see it and swerved to avoid it and then hit the truck, but he was going to fast for the conditions anyway.

No rear light, for goodness sake man, get a life, any evidence, zero. 

as a bike rider of many years and many all around Thailand - wet roads here demand the utmost care, they become extremely slippery, hard to see what went on here but one thing that is obvious and has already been mentioned - he was going too fast for the conditions, it is also possible he went over the "road marking paint" which in Thailand is a cheap gloss finish (unlike in the west were it is gritty and grippy wet or dry) which is extremely dangerous and slippery when wet, this could have contributed to loss of control, even dry roads here have nowhere near the same grip levels as in the west.

very sad and very tragic

RIP

27 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Did the young driver have a motor bike licence of any driving experience.  ?? Can't see if he had a helmet ??

as I have said many times on TVF - a helmet is only good for up to 30kph, anything above that no matter what you are wearing has a very low chance of survival, fall from a 2nd floor balcony head first into the ground wearing a helmet and see how that works out

Yes, the driver is responsible for the physical impact. However, there is a moral responsibility that arises from the rental of a motorbike to someone not legally licensed to  drive the motorbike, and the government which does not enforce laws that would prevent these tragedies. This could have been prevented if someone had just said no.

44 minutes ago, smedly said:

as I have said many times on TVF - a helmet is only good for up to 30kph, anything above that no matter what you are wearing has a very low chance of survival, fall from a 2nd floor balcony head first into the ground wearing a helmet and see how that works out

My right temple would look very different now (and I would be dribbling a lot more) had I not been wearing a helmet when I fell off at 55kmh.

It is not only a life or death thing.

It is perhaps more often a life or "vegetable" thing.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

as a bike rider of many years and many all around Thailand - wet roads here demand the utmost care, they become extremely slippery, hard to see what went on here but one thing that is obvious and has already been mentioned - he was going too fast for the conditions, it is also possible he went over the "road marking paint" which in Thailand is a cheap gloss finish (unlike in the west were it is gritty and grippy wet or dry) which is extremely dangerous and slippery when wet, this could have contributed to loss of control, even dry roads here have nowhere near the same grip levels as in the west.

very sad and very tragic

RIP

It's hard to tell because of the glare but it does look like he loses control as he goes over the centre line and you can see his right leg sticking out as if he's going to put his foot down to keep the bike upright or correct his balance.

indepth, do you live hear,? just asking as if you do, do you ride? you will know out at night, many thais have no rear light or even a front light for that matter, and if you dont, you have just learnt something my neighbour who we cremated recently died in just that way, clipped a bike, who had no rear light, no speeding involved, had a helmet on, fell off, broke his neck  just go out tonight and one would be amazed at the number of bikes you will see with defective lighting.(before you jump in, i am not saying this is the case here)

4 hours ago, fpexpert said:

It could be the bike in front had no rear light and he didn't see it and swerved to avoid it and then hit the truck, but he was going to fast for the conditions anyway.

Who said that the young were fearless but stupid?

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

indepth, do you live hear,? just asking as if you do, do you ride? you will know out at night, many thais have no rear light or even a front light for that matter, and if you dont, you have just learnt something my neighbour who we cremated recently died in just that way, clipped a bike, who had no rear light, no speeding involved, had a helmet on, fell off, broke his neck  just go out tonight and one would be amazed at the number of bikes you will see with defective lighting.(before you jump in, i am not saying this is the case here)

constantly have them heading towards you in your bike lane & its you that has to give way and move into the car lane !!

4 hours ago, fpexpert said:

They were riding together !!. Looks more like he misjudged catching up and overtaking his friend. He should not have been on a motorbike anywhere, I have zero sympathy for people like this.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

Very few people die or are even seriously injured from a 2nd floor balcony fall. If you want to do it right, you have to be at least up on the 6th floor.

2 hours ago, Seismic said:

Very few people die or are even seriously injured from a 2nd floor balcony fall. If you want to do it right, you have to be at least up on the 6th floor.

read my post again - head first into the ground (solid object) the sort of impact when hitting something hard on a motorcycle 

5 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

It's hard to tell because of the glare but it does look like he loses control as he goes over the centre line and you can see his right leg sticking out as if he's going to put his foot down to keep the bike upright or correct his balance.

I posted before, not sure what story/thread on inexperienced lock up.

Something goes wrong and both hands lock up in the position they are in. Throttle stays in the same open position and feet come off the pegs and onto the road.

Total loss of control and inertia just keeps the bike going in whatever direction it was going in.

Guilty myself of something similar a good few years ago.

Had a Japanese bike and an AJS. Out one night on the AJ and going downhill to a left hand bend, pulled the front brake lever and the brake cable nipple came off. Stomped on the rear brake lever, but because it was an early Brit bike that was the gear lever. Went straight on and into the ditch.

Luckily all I did was almost bit the end of my tongue off.

Makes your eyes water.

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

My right temple would look very different now (and I would be dribbling a lot more) had I not been wearing a helmet when I fell off at 55kmh.

It is not only a life or death thing.

It is perhaps more often a life or "vegetable" thing.

sorry to hear of your injury hope you are enjoying life

falling off a 3ft high seat is just that, forward motion and hitting something solid is entirely different, watch MotoGP, 180mph off, they generally hit the ground from seat height and slide along the ground - forward velocity has little to do with how hard you hit the ground - (apart from a high side) you are hitting the ground from about 3ft high

Archived