5 star resorts on Koh Samui for a wedding

Hello,

A friend of mine in Australia is planning to have a wedding on Koh Samui this July/Aug and has narrowed down his choice of resorts to the following. Phuket and Krabi as well as Trang were ruled out due to weather during that time.

- Silavadee

- Anantara Bohput

- Sareeraya

I am looking for any guidance as to how these resorts are and any guidance on which one of these would be the best choice as a wedding venue, with respect to location, facilities etc. If there is another resort we should be looking at, please let me know what alternatives there might be. The price range should be similar to the ones listed above.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Silavadee is on the most southern part of the island, very quiet and isolated. I would think it's not ideal if you wish to get outside the resort, other than on arranged excursions, if that's what your friend wish.

Sareeraya is by Chaweng Bay, the northern area. Chaweng Beach in the island's party destination where the beach can be party-noisy in evening and night – however in the resort's gardens it's amazingly quiet – and walking distance to major shopping and the party district (including so-called "Red light"), if that's what your friend wish.

Anantara in Bophut Bay is a very cozy place in a nice bay with view to neighboring island Koh Phangan. The area is (much) more quiet than Chaweng, but also more central than the southern part of the island. Walking distance to the famous Fisherman Village with regular evening markets, and numerous pubs (no beer bars with girls) and restaurants.

If me, I would chose Anantara of the three choices, but I would also take a look at 5-star Santibury in the next Maenam Bay for a wedding venue, however it might be little more up-priced than Anantara. The actual ceremony can be arranged on the beach.

wIMG_5778_Wedding-on-beach_w800.jpg.403994460639230634cf1dfce7259fc7.jpg

Not my party, so I took the photo from distance.

The photo below is from the complimentary candlelight dinner on the beach for a new wed couple...

2017-05_wIMG_7365_dinner-for-two

When I passed with my camera the waiters said »Please wait, it's a better photo if we light the torches and the candles.«

....Silavadee ist North of Lamai....Sareeraya is a 4 star resort....

Many 4 and 5 star hotels on Koh Samui and also Koh Phangan are doing all kind of weddings, even with marriage registrar, monks.....up to all personal tastes 

2 hours ago, DineshR said:

Thank you all very much for your inputs. 

@khunPer The photos you have in your post - at which resort were they taken ? Silavadee or Anantara ? Thanks much for the detailed and useful feedback.

Photos are from Santibury – i.e. "but I would also take a look at 5-star Santibury in the next Maenam Bay for a wedding venue" – they have an outstanding beachfront; but there are multiple 5-star resorts offering a wedding venue.

I should also correct myself and say, that Silavadee is not "most southern", but at the tip of the peninsula at the northern part of Lamai Bay, still "very quiet and isolated".

Six Senses has astonishing views, the W-Retreat nicest beach, Santiburi best beach....most luxury also Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Conrad, Banyan Tree, Napasai, Vana Bell, Intercontinental astonishing views ...but 4 stars do very nice weddings too, Nora Buri, Amari, Ch.Regent etc etc etc. even 3 Stars Fair House etc

14 hours ago, DineshR said:

Thank you all very much for your inputs. 

@khunPer The photos you have in your post - at which resort were they taken ? Silavadee or Anantara ? Thanks much for the detailed and useful feedback.

The photos look nice, but far inferior to my wedding experience. I'm not posting my wedding photos on this forum. PM me and I'll send you a sample.

I have filmed over a 100 weddings on Samui (I have a drone company here), all the venues put on amazing weddings but personally I prefer more private venues, rather than on public beaches. So from your initial choices I would suggest  Silavadee as it is on a private beach.

If it was me though, I would choose a private beach villa such as Villa Kalayana who specialize in weddings and give that real personal touch. 

5 hours ago, Birdman said:

Sorry, but there are no private beaches in Thailand. All beaches belong to the king and are public. 

I am aware of that but there are many that can only be accessed through the resort or from the sea, basically making them private.

17 hours ago, DineshR said:

@SamuiGeezer  .. thank you for your offer. Just PM'd you.

Thank you all for your valuable perspectives. They are much appreciated.

I've replied, I've been here a while and did my research, The Impiana in Chaweng Noi offered the best value 'wedding package' and venue IMHO. We had 50 guests which may be a factor ........

Thank you all for your input. Based on everything that the couple has learned so far from your feedback as well as their friends, they have decided on Silavadee as their venue for their wedding. They have also retained the services of a wedding planner. Thanks again for all of your help.

May I request the moderator to close this thread.

Archived