Who are more important dogs or tourists? Chinese person attacked on popular Krabi beach

webfact

Who are more important dogs or tourists? Chinese person attacked on popular Krabi beach

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The phu yai ban of Ao Nang in Krabi has suggested that the authorities often care more for dogs than the public - including foreign tourists. 

Sombat told Sanook that he wants to see packs of dogs on Ao Nang taken away. 

He revealed that a Chinese tourist was bitten on Saturday. Though the attack was not serious the tourist needed to have rabies vaccinations after being bitten. 

He said that some of the animals are fierce and most are causing annoyance to the public and tourists. 

Sanook suggested that this was also a problem at nearby Nopparat Thara beach, another popular tourist destination in Krabi in Thailand's south. 

Sombat said that the situation was terrible suggesting that the welfare of dogs was sometimes put before that of people. 

He was commenting in the wake of a savage dog attack on a seven year old at a beach in Pangnga, also in southern Thailand. 

The phu yai ban is an important local elder and leader of a local community. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-30

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

Who are more important dogs or tourists?

1. Chinese tourists (Those Chinese consuls scare the shit of out Thai provincial governors)

2. Dogs (They are less important than Chinese tourists.)

3. Western tourists (Do what you like to them, their governments never do anything, no consequences, not important)

4. Burmese labourers (self-evidential)

Woof woof, money number 1.

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Chinese person attacked on popular Krabi beach

I guess if I was a canine who was fed on leftover rice everyday, there would come a time I wanted to taste some real meat, put my teeth to the proper use!

5 minutes ago, Nielsk said:

The pyramid in Thailand:

1. Grandparents

2. Parents
3. Children
4. Other family
5. Thai friends
6. Dogs
7. Foreigners (Tourists)

Believe it or not, but that's the facts !  Just get used to it ????????

I would have placed Uncle Baht at number one.

1 hour ago, Nielsk said:

The pyramid in Thailand:

1. Grandparents

2. Parents
3. Children
4. Other family
5. Thai friends
6. Dogs
7. Foreigners (Tourists)

I think you'll find the village buffalo takes the spot at number 7.

1 hour ago, Nielsk said:

The pyramid in Thailand:

1. Grandparents

2. Parents
3. Children
4. Other family
5. Thai friends
6. Dogs
7. Foreigners (Tourists)

You have a little to learn about Thailand. There are an awful lot of individuals who come above grandparents.

Rooster

2 hours ago, Nielsk said:

The pyramid in Thailand:

1. Grandparents

2. Parents
3. Children
4. Other family
5. Thai friends
6. Dogs
7. Foreigners (Tourists)

Sadly probably the prefered sexual list of many weirdo thais, if what we read in here is true

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I remember a restaurant in Koh Chang handed out electric chock sticks to the customers, 20 years ago. You just had to raise the stick to make them turn around and run away, as they'd already learnt the lesson.

I was there twenty years ago. The only issue with dogs I ever had was some puppies nipping at my ankles.

Running on the beach on Samui, an unknown dog ran towards me. Like a bullet out of nowhere another dog that I had befriended earlier appeared, knocked it over and stood over it.

Most dogs are not aggressive. The odd one/incident gives the rest a bad name. 

12 minutes ago, JamJar said:

I was there twenty years ago. The only issue with dogs I ever had was some puppies nipping at my ankles.

Running on the beach on Samui, an unknown dog ran towards me. Like a bullet out of nowhere another dog that I had befriended earlier appeared, knocked it over and stood over it.

Most dogs are not aggressive. The odd one/incident gives the rest a bad name. 

Yes, the odd ones. I was surrounded by 5 odd and very nasty dogs in a small soi in Rang Nam 10 years back. One of them made an attack and bit my left calf. I managed to escape to a 7 11, poured a bottle of water and a bottle of alcohol on the wound. Then off to Bumrungrad for the first off 5 rabies shots. If i only had that magic shock-stick that night????

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

"Who are more important dogs or tourists?"

I hate these trick questions.... c'mon, give me a hint!

Dogs .Thais are Buddhists. 

There are no trick questions in Thailand.  Thais don't understand western sarcasm .Anyone can buy a gun in Bangkok for 7000 baht. I don't upset Thais.  True.

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes, the odd ones. I was surrounded by 5 odd and very nasty dogs in a small soi in Rang Nam 10 years back. One of them made an attack and bit my left calf. I managed to escape to a 7 11, poured a bottle of water and a bottle of alcohol on the wound. Then off to Bumrungrad for the first off 5 rabies shots. If i only had that magic shock-stick that night????

Hmmm.... usually there is one stupid dog at the most and your reaction may have something to do with their reaction.

Fear and aggression are often counter productive. I usually just crouch down and call 'em over. That often makes them think twice. They are either too frightened to approach or a puppy/another might come over. Don't try to touch it immediately. As soon as it it determined that you aren't a threat, the alpha leaves the pack and walks away, with all the rest following. Often with just the nutty dog that started all the trouble still barking.....but with no back up.

Of course there are always exceptions. But dogs don't generally attack adult humans unless seen as a threat. 

I would volunteer to shoot all feral dogs in Thailand.

I did a feral dog cull in my home country in 2004.

Killed 3728 dogs in three weeks. .22LR subsonic ammo,  in a silenced BRNO custom sniper rifle.

Did I feel anything, no.

I love dogs and all animals. But those mangy mutts who dont have owners, deserve to end up in neighbouring countries, served up on a plate, accompanied by a great bottle of Shiraz from South Africa or Chile.

If you have a dog and love and look after them, great

If not watch them become a past tense.

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

Hmmm.... usually there is one stupid dog at the most and your reaction may have something to do with their reaction.

Fear and aggression are often counter productive. I usually just crouch down and call 'em over. That often makes them think twice. They are either too frightened to approach or a puppy/another might come over. Don't try to touch it immediately. As soon as it it determined that you aren't a threat, the alpha leaves the pack and walks away, with all the rest following. Often with just the nutty dog that started all the trouble still barking.....but with no back up.

Of course there are always exceptions. But dogs don't generally attack adult humans unless seen as a threat. 

Any time you deal with dogs in generalities, you put yourself at risk.  Nobody can predict the behavior of a dog or a pack of dogs, given that nobody knows the history of the dogs, or what just happened to them 20 minutes ago that put them in whatever state they're in.

Keep leaning over and beckoning dogs in Thailand, and eventually you'll get tagged.  Or have your face ripped off.  It's just the luck of the draw.  Fortunately, it's rare.  But over 99.99% of all scooter drivers will make it home today, too.  That doesn't mean skillful riders don't get killed on scooters.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:28 AM, Nielsk said:

The pyramid in Thailand:

1. Grandparents

2. Parents
3. Children
4. Other family
5. Thai friends
6. Dogs
7. Foreigners (Tourists)

Sadly, it's not a joke! I once taught at a school in Thailand's South. A teenage girl in my class actually told me: "We care less about you than our dog..." - Too bad that dogs don't have money, otherwise they wouldn't need us anymore... ???? 

Archived