BANGKOK 20 March 2019 01:50
XBroker

Cellular Towers in Thailand- No Rules

I guess I got my answer. There are apparently no rules in Thailand when it comes to cell tower placement. Can't say  I'm shocked. Just one more place I can't go.  Be careful there is all I can say. Doesn't seem to be too many concerned about it the way I am. I guess Logan's Run isn't too far in the future.

Using google maps, I hobbled down the 108 in Chaing Mai and found two w/o much looking. One on top of an apartment behind tyres plus I think it was and the other on top of the rear part of Dunlop tires less than a mile away it seemed. With cell towers this low, things will not end well. If your honey inherits what you have, she won't be enjoying it very long either.

This cell tower finder way under reports what is there.

Edited by XBroker
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What are some of the rules you'd like to see introduced?

I'm not baiting you on this... I'd really like to know.

My quick research found that generally mobile cell towers pose little or no risk to health.  Do you have information otherwise?

• Thanks 1

Going to get a lot worse these coming years I fear. You do have more rights here than in some countries. If you own land they will need your permission to put up a tower near it. Not sure how far away though. In my home country you wouldnt have a say.

5G cell connections, forecast within the next 3-5 yrs in T'land, require many more cell towers, compared to current 3/4G.  So many more towers will be in every neighborhood. 

How else could driverless cars work unless hooked to a nearby tower?

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

As a former engineer working on mobile base stations for 22 years from 1987 until 2009 in many countries I can honestly say that AFAIK they have not affected me in any way.

Nor to my knowledge has it affected anybody from Vodafone where I first started, through 10 years at Motorola and a further 10 years contracting. And that would have been several hundreds of guys in perhaps 30 countries in Europe, the Arab gulf, Chile and Venezuela, Thailand, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.

yes power levels would need to much higher in a cellphone to cause a problem. where there are problems are with old style radar guns, microwave ovens, standing in front of a point to point microwave relay antenna.  

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1