Bore water Airators and filter system issues

BurriAussie

Having a couple of issues with my bore and some advise will be very welcome.

1. Bore was sunk 7mths prior to installing pump and commission, 3hp 85mt submersible single phase pump was lowered, first 10 min the water was clear and pumping at 7000lt/hr but slowly the flow rate slowed and the water become grey and then gravel particles coming to surface. Stopped pump, contacted contractor for the bore to come back and flush out the bore, job done as he thinks but dirty water continued to come to surface. After 45min he reduced the flow rate by half and water become clear but now have very slow flow rate. Is this due to the water flow in the table and what rate the water can be taken from the bore.

2.Trying to source a supplier for aerator pumps and filter system the bore water for drinking, the well is 75mt deep and the pump is set at 70mt, has a little smell to it and my reading up says we need to aerate the water and then through a filter system before going into the house tanks.

A test sample has been sent to the university to confirm it is safe to drink.

Thanks for reading.

Better to pump at a lower rate sufficient to meet your demand than to over pump the surrounding aquifer, a constant steady pumping rate will allow the area surrounding the well to settle and develop itself as a "filter" and will usually deliver clearer water than one that has a tendency to cause surging in the aquifer.   

The majority of well installation I have seen are very amateurish (I know they do the job) but are primitive and poorly installed. 

What is the water level in the borehole?

I had a 6" borehole done two months back. Similar, 70m deep but the pump is at 50m depth. 1 1/2" discharge pipe. Can flow 6,000l/hr at the wellhead but by the time water is pumped 100m or so to the broiler house it's down to around 2,000l/hr at 1.0 barg.

7,000 liters per hour is way too much water to pump from a borehole, try lifting the pump 10m. 2,000l/hr should be plenty for most normal applications.

What diameter is your borehole, what type of pump do you have and what is the diameter of the discharge pipe?

Archived