Lift for 30 mins week

Concrete

Interesting but I am not completely sold on this idea. As stated on the title of the article, 30 minutes is the minimum especially for those people pressed for time.

I lift 3-4 times a week doing strongman training for an hour per session and i have doing various splits over the years and i still have a mid-section that I would rather not show in public.

but still... doing something is better than doing nothing at all.

The real key is proper diet. Something that I am aware of but too hard to follow considering the amount of food and the options that is in front of me everyday.

To say that this is all a person needs is a gross understatement because there are so many variables involved here such as age, gender, body type and the present physical condition.

just my 2c

Belly fat is mostly diet. I'm going to try this 15 min workout idea. 

Thinking the program will be

Deadlifts

Pushups or bench (maybe alternate)

2 row exercises

A shoulder exercise

2 sets in a circuit and that's it. 10 to 15 reps to failure.

15 hours ago, Concrete said:

Belly fat is mostly diet. I'm going to try this 15 min workout idea. 

Thinking the program will be

Deadlifts

Pushups or bench (maybe alternate)

2 row exercises

A shoulder exercise

2 sets in a circuit and that's it. 10 to 15 reps to failure.

Could work just wait and see, i doubt you will gain much muscle as your on keto. (no flame research is quite clear on that as you need carbs for insulin and insulin for muscle growth)

I also lift in my gym at home

Something like squat no rest shoulder press rest and repeat (4 sets)

Then Benchpress no rest latpully and rest and repeat (4 sets)

Dips no rest biceps curl then rest and repeat (4 sets)

Some abb work. 

Later I might add deadlifts though its hard combined with squat. 

I used to do plenty of splits and other stuff all nice but once you reach your genetic potential its hard to progress unless you take drugs. 

16 hours ago, sensei said:

Interesting but I am not completely sold on this idea. As stated on the title of the article, 30 minutes is the minimum especially for those people pressed for time.

I lift 3-4 times a week doing strongman training for an hour per session and i have doing various splits over the years and i still have a mid-section that I would rather not show in public.

but still... doing something is better than doing nothing at all.

The real key is proper diet. Something that I am aware of but too hard to follow considering the amount of food and the options that is in front of me everyday.

To say that this is all a person needs is a gross understatement because there are so many variables involved here such as age, gender, body type and the present physical condition.

just my 2c

The mid section is purely diet, I used to have a fat gut even though I was lifting. Tuned up diet and it went away. Now my abs are no longer visible and I need to get them back. I lost it because i stopped training for 4 months and ate too much (stress sleeping problems). 

Training wont really help me shed the fat fast it just helps to stay in shape and do something. I don't see exercise as good fat burn it will help but diet is more important.

I lift 3-4 times a week and do some farmers walks in the morning. Got a rowing machine concept 2 but gotten lazy in using it, got a elliptical too and use it sometimes. Still want to hang up a tv in front of it so it will help me not to be bored out of my mind while doing cardio. 

@concrete 

You mentioned till failure, that is nice if you do it once in a while but every day might be a bit too much. For a long time I always trained close to failure and my progress stopped. It could have been that after 10 years of hard training i just could not go any further or it could have been my training style. I know one thing I will be trying to do some deloads or light days in my training from now on. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eezergood said:

Dorian trained 3/4 times a week for 45 mins only

Can't really compare ourselves with the genetically gifted. 

But we just have to find what is good for us, for me full body seems to be good now. I like the bro split because it feels good. But the logic behind full body is more compelling. 

20 hours ago, robblok said:

Can't really compare ourselves with the genetically gifted. 

But we just have to find what is good for us, for me full body seems to be good now. I like the bro split because it feels good. But the logic behind full body is more compelling. 

I do a modified bro split hitting upper & lower 2 times/ week with push-pull days and quad/hamstring focused leg days 

2 minutes ago, eezergood said:

I do a modified bro split hitting upper & lower 2 times/ week with push-pull days and quad/hamstring focused leg days 

I might go back to a bro split later on but 3 times a week all muscles has a huge advantage. Having said that once i got my muscle back i doubt I will make much progress again. 

When its about maintaining muscle it really does not matter much as it does not take much to hold on to muscle.

Archived