Source of income refused by immigration

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time that may be up to the discretion of the immigration officer in charge.

Did you have a full year of international transfers to show?

Yes, I had a full year of transactions meeting the requirement for extention. The bank letter shows detail every transaction from abroad. I did complain on the spot, and was advised to  boss in the L section. She spoke a lot about I could not use this type of income. Only letter from embassy or 400 000 in the account for 2 months prior to extention

Edited by Mann33bkk
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The word was that the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya would lose a lot of money if the expats of Austria, Belgium, Holland, Germany won't need a L. o. I. anymore (+/- 1600 Thb), but a letter of the bank with bankbook would be sufficient. 

Not so far apparently. 

Wait & See. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indepth said:

???

If your Embassy will still issue a letter you must go there. If your Embassy WILL NOT issue a letter, your bank and the IO do it. 

Why the ???s                        Sorry for the repeat.

Edited by wgdanson

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

The word was that the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya would lose a lot of money if the expats of Austria, Belgium, Holland, Germany won't need a L. o. I. anymore (+/- 1600 Thb), but a letter of the bank with bankbook would be sufficient. 

Not so far apparently. 

Wait & See. 

French people , too, ( many in Pattaya ) have their letter from the Austrian consulate ; you say 1600 bahts ? very much money !

At the beginning when this new requirements/opportunities for what income prove Immigration accept and theories that all embassies would follow prompt those who now do not give out confirmation of income anymore a TV member had a theory in the line of that this new regulation could be a coordination between foreign embassies and the imigrations in Thailand for the possibility to get better control over who and what each individual use as income prove and why and also easier on both sides to prevent money laundering and to control illegal entries... I don't know but wonder if there are some truth in that TV members theory.....????

Edited by Felt 35
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why not. Its their country. Or would you prefer that they say for 4 embassies concerned we will only accept money in bank 400/800k

BTW its not up to the joker, he doesn't have a hand in it

Well as the head honcho of Immigration if he can't sort it then who the bloody hell can? After all he is the Boss and they are his underlings, they should be told to read the police order and it's amendments and proceed accordingly. As for Jomtien Immigration they will only accept 800,000 in the bank for Aussies, so go figure. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

This is ridiculous, Big Joke needs to sort it, you cannot have rules for 4 embassies and rules for others. 

Well the rules, regulations and amendments or whatever certainly do not state as such and it appears this office is simply requiring it as an incorrect interpretation, or to make their job easier. 

My backup plan is to get another multiple entry non-immigrant O visa and start saving the 400,000 baht for an extension based on marriage (currently on an extension based on retirement). Hopefully Buriram immigration will accept the income coming into my Bangkok Bank account each and every month (with an FTT code).

12 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

This is ridiculous, Big Joke needs to sort it, you cannot have rules for 4 embassies and rules for others. 

Strange that so many TV folks look for any and all opportunities to belittle the general, then suddenly a demand that he should sort it out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Hopefully Buriram immigration will accept the income coming into my Bangkok Bank account each and every month (with an FTT code).

They will accept it if it is 40k baht or more coming in every month.