Source of income refused by immigration

2 hours ago, Trollmann said:

The immigration in hua hin are not interested in the bank book and dont even know the meaning of ftt. I had a letter from bangkok bank stamped and explaining the ftt code. No way the immigration will accept. You have to go to the bank EVERY time you received the money in your account and they will give you a certificate showing what country the money was sent from. Krung Thai give this certificate without asking for any fee. It is accepted by the immigration. If you ask for this sertificate after some time after the transfers, they might ask for a fee of 500 baht because the sertificate will be sent from bangkok banks main office in bangkok.

They don't care about your bank book at immigration. You need to go to your bank the morning that you go to immigration, ask the bank for a printout of your account for the previous year. Cost is 100 baht at Bangkok Bank in Nang Rong Buriram. That is the document that immigration is looking for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Do we know which embassies issue income statements?

The US simply verify the document is genuine not the content of the document.

All of them except UK, USA, Aus & Denmark.

• Like 1

I have 2 sources of income via pensions neither one of which meets the 65k requirement but when added together, easily exceed the required amount.

My work pension I transfer from my UK bank account every month to my Kasikorn account. When checking my account online, the deposit is identified as "International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030". So I guess that's an easily identifiable foreign transaction?

But my government pension, is (or should be) paid monthly directly into my Kasikorn bank account BUT checking my online statement, I see this is identified as a "Domestic Money Transfer" NOT a foreign transfer. I've been to Kasikorn to ask for an explanation but they seemed not to understand what I (my Thai wife) was asking, (i.e. "why isn't this shown as an international transaction"?)

So i've written to the Pensions Service in the UK asking for confirmation regarding as to which bank they actually transfer my pension. I have the horrible feeling that they transfer the pension to the Bank of Thailand central clearing house, who then transfer it onwards to Kasikorn bank (hence the "Domestic Money Transfer"). That being so, how do I get Kasikorn bank to confirm that it's actually an international transaction?

Regards,

Joe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

I have 2 sources of income via pensions neither one of which meets the 65k requirement but when added together, easily exceed the required amount.

My work pension I transfer from my UK bank account every month to my Kasikorn account. When checking my account online, the deposit is identified as "International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030". So I guess that's an easily identifiable foreign transaction?

But my government pension, is (or should be) paid monthly directly into my Kasikorn bank account BUT checking my online statement, I see this is identified as a "Domestic Money Transfer" NOT a foreign transfer. I've been to Kasikorn to ask for an explanation but they seemed not to understand what I (my Thai wife) was asking, (i.e. "why isn't this shown as an international transaction"?)

So i've written to the Pensions Service in the UK asking for confirmation regarding as to which bank they actually transfer my pension. I have the horrible feeling that they transfer the pension to the Bank of Thailand central clearing house, who then transfer it onwards to Kasikorn bank (hence the "Domestic Money Transfer"). That being so, how do I get Kasikorn bank to confirm that it's actually an international transaction?

Regards,

Joe

Why not simply ask the IPC to pay your State Pension into your UK account instead of your Kasikorn one?

You could then combine it with your occupational pension into single monthly transfers each amounting to 65k+ and coded as "International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030".

• Like 1

Once again, Thai immigration works over someone just following the rules. I wonder where all the people are constantly saying they never have a problem and don't know what everyone is talking about and as long as you just follow the rules you will be fine. It is not fine, they do whatever they want regardless what the rules say just to cause you trouble and waste your time and money. 

Thailand is not the wonderful place it was 10 years ago and continues to go downhill.

The  "Big Joke" really should get his entire department on the same page instead of offering new "police orders". The latest being signed off on prior to the "leniency" statement. You knew there would be some negative news and masked by the "leniency" word. 

Also, to the multitude of posters who are somewhat smug in their ability to stash 800K away, good for you! TRust me there are folks who don't come close to meet the OTHER requirements and they somehow have worked around things for a long time. There is a great deal of us who meet the criteria of 65K p/m now being deposited to a thai account via transfer from our home banks i.e. "doing the right thing" and almost being looked down upon. 

19 hours ago, OJAS said:

Why not simply ask the IPC to pay your State Pension into your UK account instead of your Kasikorn one?

You could then combine it with your occupational pension into single monthly transfers each amounting to 65k+ and coded as "International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030".

How would you instruct a UK bank to ensure that, or any other, coding would appear on a Thai bank statement?

I use online banking and transfers from my UK account show up on my Thai statements as "Transfer via EXIM" - EXIM being the Export Import Bank of Thailand.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

How would you instruct a UK bank to ensure that, or any other, coding would appear on a Thai bank statement?

I use online banking and transfers from my UK account show up on my Thai statements as "Transfer via EXIM" - EXIM being the Export Import Bank of Thailand.

But @Shoeless Joe has already explained that his existing occupational pension transfers are already coded "International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030". I hardly see how including his State Pension in future transfers could affect that classification!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But @Shoeless Joe has already explained that his existing occupational pension transfers are already coded "International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030". I hardly see how including his State Pension in future transfers could affect that classification!

It was a general enquiry rather than specific. In all the discussion on this topic there doesn't appear to be any common denominator, very much hit and miss on what appears on the statement.

Shopping around to get the right combination of UK and Thai banks to satisfy immigration seems to be taking things a bit too far.

Regarding income letter which is my first hope to still could use, which Immigration offices accept them? I have heard Phuket not!

If using the "prove monthly transfer" Is it then necessary to get a letter from the bank every month or is it enough to go there before extension and ask the bank to verify that 65K have been transferred from abroad to the Foreigners account the last 12 months and verify this with monthly updates of Bankbook?

I'm not overly interested to deposit 800K in any bank here even if I can because compare to previously years (5-20 years ago) its easy to see through the existing governments immigration policies, and regulations change a bit to quick nowadays to that I believe this sooner or later will change again and when now getting older I'm not joyful about ending up sitting in a rocking boat in my 70`s.

Thanks Felt

Went back to immigration on friday with my income letter from embassy.

At Chaeng Wattana we got our Q-nr and told the officer that we came back after we got reused on wednesday. 

We got called in to the officer long time before my Q-nr was on the Q-nr board. 

The officer did not speak with me or my wife, no interview or nothing. All paper was good, becuse she checked 2 days before. But she said loud and clear in Thai when we left that i should not hurt her same as last time. Make all thai speakers look at me. ( I was just angry at her, and asked questions 2 days before. Did not hurt her. But she might felt hurt because i asked too much)

So anyway  i hope i get stamped for a year on 1 March when my 30 day under consideration period is over.

And i have to add that i did this 42 days before my stay permit is expiering 

On 1/31/2019 at 12:10 PM, wgdanson said:

Sorry a misunderstanding. I was meaning that to get the extension, you get a letter crtifying your income if they still do it. If not, it is your bank and IO who certify the income.

No misunderstanding on my behalf. Im indepth.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:44 PM, wgdanson said:

All of them except UK, USA, Aus & Denmark.

Have you spoken to the Oz embassy or a consul about whether they will certify proof of income from a Govt Pension, super stream? You havnt, when you do, let us all know what they say so there is no misunderstanding again.

Here is some correspondence I had with the Oz embassy a while ago.

Having read the FAQ regarding stat decs on the embassy website, I am writing to clarify that stating that I am in receipt of an Australian government military pension (Comsuper DFRDB military pension) providing   documentary proof would still qualify.If for example a stat dec was submitted as follows would this be acceptable?I  am in receipt of a Comsuper  DFRDB military pension paid fortnightly giving an annual income of$$$$$$$.As I am making a statement that I have a pension paid by the Australian Government  with supporting verification would this be acceptable?

Here is the reply:

As of 7 January we will no longer witness statutory declarations which declare income or bank balances, regardless of where the income comes from. If you wish to make an appointment prior to then to have you statutory declaration witnessed, please do so via our website; https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/home.html. Otherwise you will need to discuss with Thai immigration how you are able to demonstrate that you meet their requirements for a retirement visa; their number is 02) 141 9889.

Pretty much says it all I think?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, clives said:

Here is some correspondence I had with the Oz embassy a while ago.

Having read the FAQ regarding stat decs on the embassy website, I am writing to clarify that stating that I am in receipt of an Australian government military pension (Comsuper DFRDB military pension) providing   documentary proof would still qualify.If for example a stat dec was submitted as follows would this be acceptable?I  am in receipt of a Comsuper  DFRDB military pension paid fortnightly giving an annual income of$$$$$$$.As I am making a statement that I have a pension paid by the Australian Government  with supporting verification would this be acceptable?

Here is the reply:

As of 7 January we will no longer witness statutory declarations which declare income or bank balances, regardless of where the income comes from. If you wish to make an appointment prior to then to have you statutory declaration witnessed, please do so via our website; https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/home.html. Otherwise you will need to discuss with Thai immigration how you are able to demonstrate that you meet their requirements for a retirement visa; their number is 02) 141 9889.

Pretty much says it all I think?

Read clevermans thread, Great news for Ozzies. You have confirmed what he wrote, however, he goes on with some more info from a consul.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:13 PM, Shoeless Joe said:

Regards,

Joe

This is the response from the DWP:

TVP International Queries <[email protected]>
Tue 05/02/2019 11:04

Dear Mr XXXXX (Shoeless Joe)

Thank you for your email to Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) dated 30th January 2019

The way the money has to be paid it is sent to citi bank who is our bank provider who then forward the transfer to citi bank Thailand then they send it onto your bank in local currency.

Yours Sincerely

The Pension Service 11

I woder if Kasikorn have a code which idenifies the origin of the transfer (i. e.) "foreign"?

Regards,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

In what language are the LOIs supposed to be drafted? I have never used one, so I guess my embassy will draft one in French for a small fee of 32Euros. Would I have to send it to my translator in Ploen Chit for French/Thai translation and MFA stamp. Which would probably cost another 2000 Bahts? 

Keeping my 400000 on a fixed deposit account looks like a much better path..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

In what language are the LOIs supposed to be drafted? I have never used one, so I guess my embassy will draft one in French for a small fee of 32Euros. Would I have to send it to my translator in Ploen Chit for French/Thai translation and MFA stamp. Which would probably cost another 2000 Bahts? 

Keeping my 400000 on a fixed deposit account looks like a much better path..

LOI are drafted in the International language of English for TI.

No need for a translation.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:22 PM, phutoie2 said:

This is ridiculous, Big Joke needs to sort it, you cannot have rules for 4 embassies and rules for others. 

Excuse me, they can do what they like and they do. I say yet again,  for the umpteenth time, they don't care what we think, or how difficult we find it all, or how frustrating it is for us.  

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 4:46 PM, Trollmann said:

If you transfer money from abroad and need proof for that then get the sertificate from the bank for each transfer. Get it as soon as possible and they will give you that without charging fee. I seen many angry farang that is refused at immigration and they dont seem to understand that the immigration want REAL PROOF of that the money come from abroad.

So everyone, i recommend you to go and get this sertificate from your bank after every transfer!

Krungthai 350000.png

insanity!

On 1/30/2019 at 6:22 AM, phutoie2 said:

This is ridiculous, Big Joke needs to sort it, you cannot have rules for 4 embassies and rules for others.

Why not? TI is generous enough to accommodate citizens of the the four countries that stopped "income letter". They could have pushed them to 800K money in the bank method only. Instead TI accommodated them. It does not mean they will accommodate every body. May be "income by bank" method is more work for the TI and they don't want to pour over the bank statements and try to determine if every month one has brought 40K or not. 

• Like 2

never ceases to amaze me when immigration is asking for 12 months proof when the new ruling was only made public last november 4 months ago, and this directive about treating cases sympathetically is load of bullshit ,i ask you how can anyone show 65,000 min, for the last 12 months, do they think we are all physic, yes i know you will be along in a minute to say me me me

Edited by mercman24

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

never ceases to amaze me when immigration is asking for 12 months proof when the new ruling was only made public last november 4 months ago, and this directive about treating cases sympathetically is load of bullshit ,i ask you how can anyone show 65,000 min, for the last 12 months, do they think we are all physic, yes i know you will be along in a minute to say me me me

The official rules were not known until January 3rd. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 5:59 PM, wgdanson said:

So let's get this straight. If your Embassy will still issue a letter you must go there. If your Embassy WILL NOT issue a letter, your bank and the IO do it. 

The difference, as I understand it, is that the NO LETTER embassies cannot by the subject nation's law actually verify the individual's incomes. Many posters have waffled on about "Oh, they could." Not without changing the subject nation's laws intended to protect privacy. That is simply not done to save inconvenience for a limited number of citizens.
Some nations do permit official reporting of citizen's retirement/pension income.

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 12:09 PM, mercman24 said:

In point of fact the rules permit showing only three months of deposits, for this one time only, for precisely the reason you complain about.
Remains to be seen how many IOs also fail to read all of the new rules. ????

• Like 2