Jump to content
BANGKOK
Mann33bkk

Source of income refused by immigration

Recommended Posts

Here is some correspondence I had with the Oz embassy a while ago.

Having read the FAQ regarding stat decs on the embassy website, I am writing to clarify that stating that I am in receipt of an Australian government military pension (Comsuper DFRDB military pension) providing   documentary proof would still qualify.If for example a stat dec was submitted as follows would this be acceptable?I  am in receipt of a Comsuper  DFRDB military pension paid fortnightly giving an annual income of$$$$$$$.As I am making a statement that I have a pension paid by the Australian Government  with supporting verification would this be acceptable?

Here is the reply:

As of 7 January we will no longer witness statutory declarations which declare income or bank balances, regardless of where the income comes from. If you wish to make an appointment prior to then to have you statutory declaration witnessed, please do so via our website; https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/home.html. Otherwise you will need to discuss with Thai immigration how you are able to demonstrate that you meet their requirements for a retirement visa; their number is 02) 141 9889.

Pretty much says it all I think?

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clives said:

Here is some correspondence I had with the Oz embassy a while ago.

Having read the FAQ regarding stat decs on the embassy website, I am writing to clarify that stating that I am in receipt of an Australian government military pension (Comsuper DFRDB military pension) providing   documentary proof would still qualify.If for example a stat dec was submitted as follows would this be acceptable?I  am in receipt of a Comsuper  DFRDB military pension paid fortnightly giving an annual income of$$$$$$$.As I am making a statement that I have a pension paid by the Australian Government  with supporting verification would this be acceptable?

Here is the reply:

As of 7 January we will no longer witness statutory declarations which declare income or bank balances, regardless of where the income comes from. If you wish to make an appointment prior to then to have you statutory declaration witnessed, please do so via our website; https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/home.html. Otherwise you will need to discuss with Thai immigration how you are able to demonstrate that you meet their requirements for a retirement visa; their number is 02) 141 9889.

 

Pretty much says it all I think?

 

 

 

 

Read clevermans thread, Great news for Ozzies. You have confirmed what he wrote, however, he goes on with some more info from a consul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 7:13 PM, Shoeless Joe said:

I have 2 sources of income via pensions neither one of which meets the 65k requirement but when added together, easily exceed the required amount.

 

My work pension I transfer from my UK bank account every month to my Kasikorn account. When checking my account online, the deposit is identified as "International Trade and Factoring Centre TFN05030". So I guess that's an easily identifiable foreign transaction?

 

But my government pension, is (or should be) paid monthly directly into my Kasikorn bank account BUT checking my online statement, I see this is identified as a "Domestic Money Transfer" NOT a foreign transfer. I've been to Kasikorn to ask for an explanation but they seemed not to understand what I (my Thai wife) was asking, (i.e. "why isn't this shown as an international transaction"?)

 

So i've written to the Pensions Service in the UK asking for confirmation regarding as to which bank they actually transfer my pension. I have the horrible feeling that they transfer the pension to the Bank of Thailand central clearing house, who then transfer it onwards to Kasikorn bank (hence the "Domestic Money Transfer"). That being so, how do I get Kasikorn bank to confirm that it's actually an international transaction?

 

Regards,

 

Joe

 

 

This is the response from the DWP:

 

TVP International Queries <TVP.INTERNATIONALQUERIES@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK>
Tue 05/02/2019 11:04

 

Dear Mr XXXXX (Shoeless Joe)

Thank you for your email to Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group) dated 30th January 2019

The way the money has to be paid it is sent to citi bank who is our bank provider who then forward the transfer to citi bank Thailand then they send it onto your bank in local currency.

 

Yours Sincerely

The Pension Service 11

 

I woder if Kasikorn have a code which idenifies the origin of the transfer (i. e.) "foreign"?

 

Regards,

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In what language are the LOIs supposed to be drafted? I have never used one, so I guess my embassy will draft one in French for a small fee of 32Euros. Would I have to send it to my translator in Ploen Chit for French/Thai translation and MFA stamp. Which would probably cost another 2000 Bahts? 

Keeping my 400000 on a fixed deposit account looks like a much better path..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

In what language are the LOIs supposed to be drafted? I have never used one, so I guess my embassy will draft one in French for a small fee of 32Euros. Would I have to send it to my translator in Ploen Chit for French/Thai translation and MFA stamp. Which would probably cost another 2000 Bahts? 

Keeping my 400000 on a fixed deposit account looks like a much better path..

LOI are drafted in the International language of English for TI.

No need for a translation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 7:22 PM, phutoie2 said:

This is ridiculous, Big Joke needs to sort it, you cannot have rules for 4 embassies and rules for others. 

Excuse me, they can do what they like and they do. I say yet again,  for the umpteenth time, they don't care what we think, or how difficult we find it all, or how frustrating it is for us.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 4:46 PM, Trollmann said:

If you transfer money from abroad and need proof for that then get the sertificate from the bank for each transfer. Get it as soon as possible and they will give you that without charging fee. I seen many angry farang that is refused at immigration and they dont seem to understand that the immigration want REAL PROOF of that the money come from abroad.

 

So everyone, i recommend you to go and get this sertificate from your bank after every transfer!

 

 

Krungthai 350000.png

insanity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 6:22 AM, phutoie2 said:

This is ridiculous, Big Joke needs to sort it, you cannot have rules for 4 embassies and rules for others.

Why not? TI is generous enough to accommodate citizens of the the four countries that stopped "income letter". They could have pushed them to 800K money in the bank method only. Instead TI accommodated them. It does not mean they will accommodate every body. May be "income by bank" method is more work for the TI and they don't want to pour over the bank statements and try to determine if every month one has brought 40K or not. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

never ceases to amaze me when immigration is asking for 12 months proof when the new ruling was only made public last november 4 months ago, and this directive about treating cases sympathetically is load of bullshit ,i ask you how can anyone show 65,000 min, for the last 12 months, do they think we are all physic, yes i know you will be along in a minute to say me me me

 

Edited by mercman24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is ridiculous, Big Joke needs to sort it, you cannot have rules for 4 embassies and rules for others. 

I know my country has different visa requirements depending on the nationality of the applicant


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

never ceases to amaze me when immigration is asking for 12 months proof when the new ruling was only made public last november 4 months ago, and this directive about treating cases sympathetically is load of bullshit ,i ask you how can anyone show 65,000 min, for the last 12 months, do they think we are all physic, yes i know you will be along in a minute to say me me me

 

The official rules were not known until January 3rd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 5:59 PM, wgdanson said:

So let's get this straight. If your Embassy will still issue a letter you must go there. If your Embassy WILL NOT issue a letter, your bank and the IO do it. 

The difference, as I understand it, is that the NO LETTER embassies cannot by the subject nation's law actually verify the individual's incomes. Many posters have waffled on about "Oh, they could." Not without changing the subject nation's laws intended to protect privacy. That is simply not done to save inconvenience for a limited number of citizens.
Some nations do permit official reporting of citizen's retirement/pension income.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 12:09 PM, mercman24 said:

never ceases to amaze me when immigration is asking for 12 months proof when the new ruling was only made public last november 4 months ago, and this directive about treating cases sympathetically is load of bullshit ,i ask you how can anyone show 65,000 min, for the last 12 months, do they think we are all physic, yes i know you will be along in a minute to say me me me

 

In point of fact the rules permit showing only three months of deposits, for this one time only, for precisely the reason you complain about.
Remains to be seen how many IOs also fail to read all of the new rules. 🙂

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...