Lost divorced papers and not living in Thailand anymore?

DivorcedinTH

Hey, 

I have lost my divorce papers and haven't been living in Thailand for almost 2 years now. 

I'd like to get married in the Netherlands (German citizen but dutch resident), but the 'city hall' is requesting documents of martial status from Thailand. 

How do I go about this? 

Can I get them from the Thai Embassy in the Netherlands? Somewhere to request the forms online or any law firm who can handle it for me? 

Thanks in advance! 

46 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

How do they know you were marred in Thailand? If not registered in your home country . Who would know?

It was not registered in my home country, but based on the time I lived in Thailand they want to confirm my martial status from Thailand as well.

If you registered the marriage as well as the divorce with your embassy then there is an official paper trail you could pick up by calling that embassy who might coach you through the maze. 

Yet, the fastest and certainly cheaper than a law firm would be to fly in and get the paper from the office which handled your divorce at that time. It also helps, if you have some additional details on hand (ID copy, house register copy etc. of your ex; therein you will find the personal identification number of her which is key to (almost) everything). 

Good luck

I heard from 2 different lawyers to 2 different answers: 

Lawyer 1: The district office can only give a copy to my ex wife

Lawyer 2: We can assist you with the divorce registration certificate because you are male divorced party so, you are eliginle to do it.

I would rather higher a lawyer than fly back to the hornets nest. I have no contact with my ex wife and wouldn't even know where to find her. 

Pretty confusing answers from the law firms, which both advertise on here 

On 2/1/2019 at 2:34 PM, Sydebolle said:

If you registered the marriage as well as the divorce with your embassy then there is an official paper trail you could pick up by calling that embassy who might coach you through the maze. 

I have never registered the marriage in my home country. As far as they are concerned I was never married but due to the length of my stay in thailand, they need affirmation from Thailand as well. 

Archived