Travel Insurance when visiting Thailand

TXsmile

I am looking for help in finding a good place to get some medical insurance while in Thailand. I am 54 yrs old and planning to visit for about 3 months on a tourist visa. I do not want to go uninsured. I have read some post about medical insurance but I have not seen anything about travel insurance. I am in USA. 

Some post talked about Pacific Cross but I not sure if I would be inbound or outbound insurance. I am inbound to Thailand and outbound from the US. 

Just looking for either a broker or a company that will provide me a quote. 

I am looking for help in finding a good place to get some medical insurance while in Thailand. I am 54 yrs old and planning to visit for about 3 months on a tourist visa. I do not want to go uninsured. I have read some post about medical insurance but I have not seen anything about travel insurance. I am in USA. 
Some post talked about Pacific Cross but I not sure if I would be inbound or outbound insurance. I am inbound to Thailand and outbound from the US. 
Just looking for either a broker or a company that will provide me a quote. 
Try world first, I got insured with them before I come out in November, £160 for 6 months.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

a read the fine print about scooter/motorcycle coverage and having the proper license. 

and ask if they will evacuate you back home. because sometimes they say no and just leave you in a Thai hospital. 

No Travel policy guarantees to bring you home for treatment. They all reserve the right to either repatriate you or pay for treatment locally if appropriate treatment is available.

For 3 months a travel policy is indeed what you need and there are many though the choices narrow if you are older.

https://www.reviews.com/travel-insurance/

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

No Travel policy guarantees to bring you home for treatment. They all reserve the right to either repatriate you or pay for treatment locally if appropriate treatment is available.

For 3 months a travel policy is indeed what you need and there are many though the choices narrow if you are older.

https://www.reviews.com/travel-insurance/

yes you are right. i wanted to say don't assume they will bring you home. ????

Archived