Authorities to step up efforts to take legal action against drivers of vehicles emitting black smoke

webfact

Authorities to step up efforts to take legal action against drivers of vehicles emitting black smoke

16047d9bad13252327ace9d7d6df17fa_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 29th January 2019 (NNT) – The Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, has ordered the Royal Thai Police (RTP) and the Department of Land Transport (DLT) to take legal action against drivers of any vehicles emitting black smoke.

The Spokesman for the Ministry of Defense, Lt. Gen. Kongcheep Tantrawanich, said the RTP will coordinate with the DLT and the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) to step efforts to take legal action against drivers of any vehicles emitting black smoke.

He said Gen. Prawit has instructed all government agencies to perform their duties with transparency and take the people’s interests into account.

The Deputy Prime Minister has also instructed all administrative agencies and military units nationwide to inspect biomass burning activities and campaign against them.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- nnt 2019-01-31

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how come these buses belching thick black smoke are even on the road?

In the last decade and more there have been many headlines that they are banned and owners/drivers will be heavily fined if they are on the roads, etc.

So how come they are still on the streets?

Surely these vehicles are subject to some sort of annual check? Again the question so how come they are still on the roads?

Seems to me the government officials responsible who are derelict in their duties and corrupt should be in jail and shamed specifically in regard to the current pollution nightmare.

On the other hand if government officials ignore their duties why doesn't the PM send out an army unit to tow the offending vehicles into a compound and immediately totally destroy their engines?

Then have the bodies of these buses (without engines) lined up outside the houses of the senior officials who are not doing their duties with the senior officials sitting 24 hrs a day for 10 days in the drivers seats, window open and with permission for anybody to abuse them and throw rotten vegetables at them?

10 minutes ago, stickyrice2000 said:

Thailand should pass the laws requiring vehicle owners to do smog and safety inspection check each year.  This helps create jobs and new opportunities too.

Thousands of laws in Thailand already.

No one gives a shit about them,   from top to the bottom.

So this directive will go the same way as all the others.

Maybe they can have a few hundred meetings to discuss the planning of the next hundred meetings.

Choo choo ,   I hear the  gravy train is coming. 

gravy_train.jpg

32 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

If they get stuck in to Chiang Mai then by tonight half of the Red Buses will be off the road, good news for all of us....but wait....the Cops up here don't even know who Frog Face is anyway !

I was up there last year, The smell of the smoke from those red buses driving around the old city made me feel sick, Something should be done about them.

33 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

If they get stuck in to Chiang Mai then by tonight half of the Red Buses will be off the road, good news for all of us....but wait....the Cops up here don't even know who Frog Face is anyway !

Doubt if any of this is going beyond Bangkok, is there a pollution crisis in Chiang Mai?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said Gen. Prawit has instructed all government agencies to perform their duties with transparency and take the people’s interests into account.

Anyone would think there is an election on the horizon..........:whistling:

Just now, Oziex1 said:

Doubt if any of this is going beyond Bangkok, is there a pollution crisis in Chiang Mai?

When there is a crisis of any sort in Chiang Mai nobody in Bangkok gives a stuff, with one exception, Big Joke, who has transformed the Immigration Office.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to put him in charge of the smog problem as he seems to be the only one who gets things done instead of just talking, which is the only thing the Clowns at Government House are any good at !

Gen. Prawit has instructed all government agencies to perform their duties with transparency and take the people’s interests into account.

Why is such an instruction needed? Because government agencies normally neither perform their duties with transparency nor have the peoples' interests at heart?

These older trucks,pickups that blech smoke ,should be stopped from

receiving their certificates of road worthiness*,so they cannot get their vehicles

taxed, I have been at testing stations getting my truck done,and some of

trucks in front of me,filled the place with thick black smoke,but of course

still got their papers ! also the quality of the diesel here is not that good.

regards worgeordie        *the testing is a joke really,I don't think anyone fails.

2 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

any vehicles emitting black smoke.

that's a relief, my car only emits tons of white smoke.

Is this going to be the new fashion statement - you can have any colour smoke so long as it's not black?

Reminds of of Henry Ford: Any colour, as long as it's black.

1 minute ago, manhood said:

It's like always!  A bla bla bla, no consequences! The government wait rain season so the pollution is washed away.

The rainy season is still 4 months away and Thailand's traditional burning season hasnt even officially started. 

Archived