Xiomi Air purifier 2s

robblok

11 minutes ago, fishism said:

That one isn't Xiaomi branded and probably doesn't have the RFID chip and therefore might not work, I have one from the store but not opened it yet, note sure what formaldehyde is.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Xiaomi brand here - Twice the price... Any chip would only effect the filter usage count capabilities of the unit...

Generally, the filter can be used up to 145 days. But there is an RFID chip inside the filter that provides a real-time data to the APP, which calculates and shows how long the filter still can be used.”

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-air-purifier-formaldehyde-edition-filter-for-air-purifier-2s-air-purifier-pro-filter-purification-pm25-formaldehyde-i287806246-s471342722.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.20.3abc1bfe6mGZdC&search=1

Edited by sfokevin

Xiaomi brand here - Twice the price... Any chip would only effect the filter usage count capabilities of the unit...

Generally, the filter can be used up to 145 days. But there is an RFID chip inside the filter that provides a real-time data to the APP, which calculates and shows how long the filter still can be used.”

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-air-purifier-formaldehyde-edition-filter-for-air-purifier-2s-air-purifier-pro-filter-purification-pm25-formaldehyde-i287806246-s471342722.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.20.3abc1bfe6mGZdC&search=1

Thanks, good to know, I presume they work otherwise the reading wouldn't go down.

2 minutes ago, fishism said:

Thanks, good to know, I presume they work otherwise the reading wouldn't go down.

Yes the chip just allows the unit to sense a new filter and reset the counter... You can reset the counter manual yourself by holding the reset button on the back for 6 seconds if the chip happens to not be present...

I bought a 2s last night, paid more than the shops but with a 30 minute delivery I am happy.

I opened the door for 5 hours to let in the "fresh air" and mosquitos which took the reading from 10 to 27, I have just closed the door and put it on Auto for an hour, it is now at 20. 70sqm apartment with all internal doors open. I don't think I'll worry too much about opening the doors and windows, I was expecting a higher reading.
I will now try to get it a bit lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Within a few minutes on full power I was down to 10 but after an hour it is still at 10 so I think I must have a big clean air leak such as the bathroom vent. Now putting on auto it has gone up to 17.

Within a few minutes on full power I was down to 10 but after an hour it is still at 10 so I think I must have a big clean air leak such as the bathroom vent. Now putting on auto it has gone up to 17.

IMG_7147.JPG

10 minutes later in the bedroom, so all is good.

I have 2x Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S on order from Lazada (Phitchy shop)... these are for the bedrooms. As of yet they have not delivered. Today was their stated delivery day (1-7 Feb), no news & no responses to my enquiry. So, I'm not sure if it will arrive or not or if I am forced to cancel and get a refund. 

I also have the Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro which filters up to 70sqm for the living room - purchased in Dubai and will hand cary it back to BKK this week - so its not yet been tested. 

And, I have the Xiaomi MiJia Air Purifier in the car. Its installed, my Wife says its quiet - but as of yet she's not installed the App on her phone which informs the user of the readings. 

Even though the Pollution has dropped, now that we've bitten the bullet and invested in the 

• Thanks 1

I have 2x Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S on order from Lazada (Phitchy shop)... these are for the bedrooms. As of yet they have not delivered. Today was their stated delivery day (1-7 Feb), no news & no responses to my enquiry. So, I'm not sure if it will arrive or not or if I am forced to cancel and get a refund. 

I also have the Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro which filters up to 70sqm for the living room - purchased in Dubai and will hand cary it back to BKK this week - so its not yet been tested. 

And, I have the Xiaomi MiJia Air Purifier in the car. Its installed, my Wife says its quiet - but as of yet she's not installed the App on her phone which informs the user of the readings. 

Even though the Pollution has dropped, now that we've bitten the bullet and invested in the 

12900 baht for the 2s?

• 1 month later...

I just installed a new 2s yesterday and it is working well, at least according to the display on the unit. AQI outside from a nearby station (Chiang Mai) shows 234 at the moment and the 2s unit in the bedroom is showing 12.

But here is my problem: I cannot get the Mi Home iOS app to work. It is properly installed and connected to the 2s; however, when I access the 2s, I get "failed to initialize device (7)". Having searched this issue, I found many others have the same problem and some workarounds were suggested, but none of those have resolved my issue.

Has anyone else seen this problem and found a solution?

I have been using the original Xiaomi air purifier for over 4 years. I have one in my condo bedroom in Kuala Lumpur, where I work, and one in Chiang Mai where I "get away". Sadly, while I only spend an occasional week or long weekend in Chiang Mai, that purifier gets much more use.

The firmware has undergone many updates, which have corrected the pmi monitor. It now largely agrees with my independent monitor.

Perhaps the best feature of this unit is that filters are easy to obtain, unlike many brands. The same filter(s) are used in all iterations. As noted, the app offers a plethora of settings to dial it in. I typically remotely start it up before boarding my flight so that the interior air is clean when I arrive.

I highly recommend the Xiaomi air purifiers.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

There was an recent iPhone update to iOS 12.2 and the Xiaomi App also had an update... Ever since the updates the App can not register the air quality and says the filter has expired... I can still control the filter turning it off & on but not air quality or filter status is shown... I have a few(5) of these both model 2 and 2s and they all have the same problem... This communication problem comes and goes...

Anyone with the same problem the last week or so?...

33451255-53C7-4755-83BC-8B5E80F808E8.pngFew minutes later...

8F39DFB1-AD81-40EF-AC7B-AB67B159E7D9.png

Edited by sfokevin

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 7:41 AM, bubba said:

I just installed a new 2s yesterday and it is working well, at least according to the display on the unit. AQI outside from a nearby station (Chiang Mai) shows 234 at the moment and the 2s unit in the bedroom is showing 12.

But here is my problem: I cannot get the Mi Home iOS app to work. It is properly installed and connected to the 2s; however, when I access the 2s, I get "failed to initialize device (7)". Having searched this issue, I found many others have the same problem and some workarounds were suggested, but none of those have resolved my issue.

Has anyone else seen this problem and found a solution?

bit late but I've read online that some people got the Chinese 2s version and it will only work with the Chinese version of the app.

the machine works exactly the same but the Global app (the one you most likely find on app store) will not work properly with the Chinese machines

not sure if it's the case for you but might be something worth looking into. I certainly can get the chinese app on Android, maybe its not possible on IOS

Edited by kekalot

On 2/7/2019 at 10:19 AM, robblok said:

Charlie,

I would not go as far as saying i feel different. But i think the time that I have been using it is too short. I can't say that I ever had a problem with the smog but that does not mean there is no problem. My sinuses have always been a problem here in Thailand and only seem to clear up a bit when I am in the south. 

But even that took 2-3 weeks to really notice a difference, the machine is working for a week or so. I know that it is working and I know I got les PM2.5 in the room but I don't know how it is affecting health. But on the other hand PM2.5 is a silent killer if it kills you so its not as if you notice your body changing. 

I do feel better in my mind that I am no longer exposed to high levels of the stuff but that is not the same as knowing it is working for real.

How about now? Its been a few months. Any profound changes? Was lookin at these the other day. One of the Youtube reviews the fan seemed quite loud so I lost interest but then saw this thread.

The fan in my experience is whisper quiet and beyond 1.5m you wouldnt even know it was on! The only time its audible is when it it auto changes to boost clean if "dirty" air is let in.

The wife also noticed less dusting etc in that room.

Very happy with 3800 price and performance of Xiaomi 2s.

I have several Xaiomi’s throughout the house... have had them for three years now... All work great (Once you learn how to program them to stay in manual mode full time)... Now is the time to buy them as they have dropped in price significantly - Most likely a lot of vendors in Bangkok have huge stocks they want to unload... Lazada has them listed for 3,700 baht with free shipping!

Btw If you are letting them run in Auto Mode and your not getting the PM2.5 into a single digits or low teens your not really getting the air quality to an acceptably low level... I have mine all programmed to run on manual mode at about 60% fan speed anb the PM2.5 never goes above 15...

3DB32753-A2B7-4599-8639-A337F69BD1C3.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin

On 2/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, fishism said:

It is more likely that the sensor is low quality and the readings are otherwise manipulated. However, the filter will be doing something -- just probably not as well as you think.

If you search youtube, you will reviewers who make the same warnings.

10 hours ago, sikishrory said:

How about now? Its been a few months. Any profound changes? Was lookin at these the other day. One of the Youtube reviews the fan seemed quite loud so I lost interest but then saw this thread.

No real changes to be honest. I mean my sinus might have have cleaned up a bit but cant be sure. 

I read and watched many reviews on this air purifier from Xiaomi and concluded that this is a useless thing. It is better to choose an air purifier from another manufacturer, even if it will be a little more expensive.

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone,

I want to purchase a Xiaomi Air Purifier 3 but I am afraid that I am forced to buy new filters even though they would be good. (I live in an area with very good air quality, but want to get an air purifier because of my allergies)

Is it somehow possible to "reset" a filter? Or use it without RFID?

If not i will get the version 2 (without s).

regards