BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

The Indians are coming! And they're not "Cheap Charlies", say the TAT

The Indians are coming! And they're not "Cheap Charlies", say the TAT

10.jpg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand have sent out an upbeat message about visitors from India. 

Indian visitors to Thailand will soon be number two to the Chinese with ten million annually.

And they have claimed that Indian tourists are big spenders. 

TAT chief Yuthasak Suphasorn said at a travel fair in New Delhi that the average expenditure for an Indian per trip abroad is 50,000 baht per person. 

Thai Rath reported that more and more Indians were taking foreign holidays and 1.6 million were expected in Thailand this year. 

They are increasingly travelling abroad for healthcare, honeymoons, weddings, meetings and making movies, they said. 

The market is huge - there are 1.3 billion people in India and within ten years the number of visitors to Thailand is expected to rank them second only to the Chinese. 

a.jpg

Other Thai media reported that when it comes to Indian tourism there is no low season or high season - they just keep coming all year round. 

In 2020 50 million are expected to travel abroad.

Indian visitors to Thailand are hoped to be 5 million annually by five years time and ten million by the end of the next decade. 

Indian full service and budget carriers are increasingly competing for flight space in Thailand with Chinese airlines.

Chief Yuthasak was speaking at the South Asia Travel and Tourism Exchange in New Delhi.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-31

I stopped reading at “says the TAT” because I know what they say is nowhere near the truth.

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

They are increasingly travelling abroad for healthcare, honeymoons, weddings, meetings and making movies, they said. 

It missed out the 6 on 1 ratio for bargirls ! 🤩🤩

Did not see the phrase Cheap Charlie once in the article.

Anyway, this article and the pollution situation warrants an investment in a facemask stockpile.

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

weddings,

Avoid staying on a resort during these events, they turn the place into a Bollywood movie..

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

The market is huge - there are 1.3 billion people in India

And the vast majority of these are the poor and cant afford to take holidays even in their own country for more than a couple of days .

1 minute ago, HLover said:

Did not see the phrase Cheap Charlie once in the article.

Anyway, this article and the pollution situation warrants an investment in a facemask stockpile.

The pollution wont affect the Indians they are used to it Bangkok is a palace compared to Mumbai

At this point in the game ''WELCOME EVERYONE'',and treat them with respect and professionalism...

5 minutes ago, keith101 said:

And the vast majority of these are the poor and cant afford to take holidays even in their own country for more than a couple of days .

Sorry, have to dispute that. Yes, there are around 700 million who do not have disposable income, but there are around 100 million very wealthy and 500 million middle class, numbers which pretty much match those of everyone in western Europe. I lived in India for three years and there are a lot more folk there with money to burn than there are here.

I agree that you will get some traveling on a small budget, but backpackers from around the world are too.

I'm sure the bargirls are thrilled about it all. I've heard many won't even touch them due to the disrespect the Indian guys treat bargirls with. 

If true, it's fair to say that many Indians won't be coming...

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

And they have claimed that Indian tourists are big spenders. 

They now hit the go-go bars and order two cokes for six people instead of only one.

I thought good healthcare was far cheaper than Thailand, that's why a lot of falangs opt for India for major operations instead of Thailand.

3 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

They now hit the go-go bars and order two cokes for six people instead of only one.

Sad

An overtly racist troll post has been removed