The Indians are coming! And they're not "Cheap Charlies", say the TAT

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...ahm ...TAT...please compare your own numbers (pulled out of a really dark place, I assume!) to real life!

- ask the bar girls ( 3 guys sharing 1 drink...and negotiate for 1 girl)

- ask the tour operators, who are dealing with the demands of "the Indians" on (fe) wedding- budgets

I know: it is a stereotype and a simplyfication...but so is the TAT- claim!

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

You're right, of course, but what is questionable is TAT's strategy (or day dream?) to lure 1.3 billion Indians to Thailand. 200 million (or about 15% of India's population) would be more realistic.

Did you actually read the story. They are trying to "lure" 5 million in 5 years.

If I worked for thai tourism I would be targeting indians and chinese too. 

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

I'm sure the bargirls are thrilled about it all. I've heard many won't even touch them due to the disrespect the Indian guys treat bargirls with. 

If true, it's fair to say that many Indians won't be coming...

Actually what I have found to be one of the biggest Thai girl lies.

They go with Indian men they just do not like to admit it.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

there are 1.3 billion people in India

1 billion of whom only own the clothes they stand up in, and the clothes would probably stand up on their own if they weren't standing in them anyway.

Back around 2015 an American friend advised me to move to PI's and open a bar/restaurant .He said Thailand was finished for farangs . I disagreed but he is now the one smiling and doing OK over there. Takes a different kind of farang to handle the Philippines though. Dangerous place. 

Doesn't matter what TAT say , either way farangs are on the way out of here.

40 minutes ago, inThailand said:

The Indians are coming! And they're not "Cheap Charlies", say the TAT. 

Are they comparing them to the Chinese? Or those in Pattaya? 

The Chinese should really be offended, a further reduction in Chinese tourists coming here should send TAT a subtle message.  I will get my friend to put that on wechat. 😀

17 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

1 billion of whom only own the clothes they stand up in, and the clothes would probably stand up on their own if they weren't standing in them anyway.

So that leaves just 300m as a potential target for TAT.

Hardly worth bothering about then........

5 minutes ago, dabhand said:

So that leaves just 300m as a potential target for TAT.

Hardly worth bothering about then........

Well, of that 300 million, an estimated 50 million have been to Thailand before so won't be coming, 100 million have rellies or people they know or who they need to impress who are in Europe, so they won't be coming to Thailand. 50 million are looking for a new home so they won't be coming to Thailand, and 100 million know some of the 50 million at point 1, so they won't be coming either.

Wow. Thailand might not get rich on the backs of the Indians or the Chinese after all. Bummer.

Archived