Smartly dressed farang caught on CCTV brazenly shoplifting in Market Village Hua Hin

webfact

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Another Cheap Charlie tourist, who gives us all a bad name, Shame on him.  I hope bad karma strikes him down the road. his clothes suggest he has money, enuff to pay anyway.

Geezer

RE - his clothes suggest he has money, enuff to pay anyway.

Unless those are acquired the same way....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, webfact said:

This is the moment a smartly dressed middle aged Western man

This made my day. He looks at least my age and i'm over 70. If he's middle aged, I expect to live to be over 100, which hopefully won't happen. Middle aged ought to be in the 40-50 range. I expect the stall holder was away eating som-tam or in the loo. He was on a mission to steal a fanny pack and he seems to have succeeded.. Sadly for him I expect we'll read about his detention and chat with the Joker. Captain Kirk will be along to keep us apprised of any developments in the search for this enterprising chap in Hua Hin.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, nausea said:

It's a psychological condition - kleptomania, unrelated to need or wealth or risk. I would guess this isn't his first time. Guy needs help. 

there is another possibility. it is so frickin' boring in Hua Hin he just had to do something for some excitement.   :clap2:

believe me i know how he feels.

My gf works in Market Village downstairs not far from that shop. Most of the small shops down there only have one person on duty. When they want to go to the toilet, or run over to the food court, or whatever they just leave the shops unattended (my gf included). Pretty easy to pilfer something if that's what you're into. 

3 hours ago, nausea said:

It's a psychological condition - kleptomania, unrelated to need or wealth or risk. I would guess this isn't his first time. Guy needs help. 

In some people's view, there is no such thing as crime, as everybody who breaks the law needs help from the Community in some way.  Some people are just greedy and enjoy taking anything which is not nailed down.  

49 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

there is another possibility. it is so frickin' boring in Hua Hin he just had to do something for some excitement.   :clap2:

believe me i know how he feels.

It seems likely that he will soon be in a much more boring place.  From most of your earlier posts, I gathered that you lead anything but a boring life, with a procession of willing and eager girls passing over your threshold.  ????

2 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

It seems likely that he will soon be in a much more boring place.  From most of your earlier posts, I gathered that you lead anything but a boring life, with a procession of willing and eager girls passing over your threshold.  ????

Hua Hin is like a small collage campus. After awhile you have done it with every girl and I swear you go out at night and there they all are eating dinner with their husbands.  :cheesy:

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Hua Hin is like a small collage campus. After awhile you have done it with every girl and I swear you go out at night and there they all are eating dinner with their husbands.  :cheesy:

I wonder what collage you went to :cheesy:

Not many young expats in HH that I saw, I assume you are talking about prostitutes.

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Idiot!  Clear views on not one, but TWO cameras!  Identify, arrest, convict, 6 months in a Thai prison, deport & blacklist. 

My God! Do you think foreigners, if he is, deserve harsher sentencing to Thais? 

National hunt -  grandad shoplifter at large, do not approach as may be dangerous. 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Good job i am paralyzed or some bugger would say it was me.

Looks very similar to me before my accident.

They'll never find him coz 99% of farang expats, even the younger ones, look alike! Balding grey skinheads with a beer gut!   ....????....

23 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

It is a small pool - every item of quality that gets away is a real loss. 

Take, for example, that military grade fanny pack, a steal at THB650.

12 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

It is a small pool - every item of quality that gets away is a real loss. 

Take, for example, that military grade fanny pack, a steal at THB650.

i have bought two "Volunteer" brand fanny packs from the "Army" shop in the basement of Market Village. They were expensive at around 950 baht. But they have lasted over four years now. And HiSo Thai women who shop in the basement :clap2::cheesy: know how much I have paid for my fanny pack.

It is a total status symbol.     

5 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

That fat old Geezer is 'smartly dressed'? 555 

Guess because got on long pants and a shirt? ???? 

5 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

There ya go.

Proves the point.

Never trust a smartly dressed man.

A scruffy, unshaven, tattoo'd  urchin in flip flops and camo shorts would never do such a thing.

Correct, Teachers are Honest.!

The owner of the store shared the footage on Facebook asking for help in identifying the thief.

Some people might mistakenly think it is I  !!   But my belly is not quite as big yet.

Luckily I have an alibi - I have been in the UK for a few months and not due back for a few more months (enjoying the cold weather ????

Archived