Phentermine

jackdd

• 3 weeks later...

Reopened minus the bickering threads.

By law, can only get from a hospital. I don't know why you would anticipate waiting months, though. Provided you have no medical contraindications, should be easily obtained on a single visit. Go to a hospital that has a weight loss center.

in the past peopel have gotten this at bumrungrad and Yanhee.

The main problem is probably that i'm not in Bangkok, but in Udon Thani. It would be no problem for me to travel to Bangkok for it, but i would like to confirm that they have Phentermine and a doctor who can prescribe it, before i go there.

I was personally at five different hospitals here in Udon Thani. At two of them the pharmacists told me they can order it, but that they normally don't have it, and they expect that the order would at least take 2-3 months because it comes from some government institution (because it's a controlled drug). When i asked them which doctor i have to see to be able to get the prescription for it they couldn't tell me, because usually nobody there prescribes it.

Bangkok Hospital in Udon Thani even told me that it's illegal at all in Thailand (which is obviously wrong).

After being unsuccessful here in Udon Thani i called at Yanhee in Bangkok, where i also got the answer "no have". Of course it's possible that they actually have it and just the person at the phone had was not interested in my question.

Then i decided to open this thread here, in hope somebody ever got it prescribed and can tell me where.

I didn't call Bumrungrad yet, i will try this tomorrow.

It is seldom possible to get this sort of information by calling or emailing hospitals. The clerical staff who receive these messages simply do not know and will say "no have" rather than ask one of the medical staff.

In addition no one is going to tell you that you can get this drug as it requires screening by a doctor first. It is a very dangerous drug and it is essential that it not be given if any cardiac problems etc. Careful health screening is needed first and the doctor has to weigh the risks against benefits. Some may feel bariatric surgery -- especially the minimally invasive type -- is a better option.

At Bumrungrad I think wight loss servcies (other than surgery)it would be at the Vitalife Wellness center which is in a separate adjacent building

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/vitallife-scientific-wellness-center-bangkok-thailand

I just called at Bumrungrad Vitallife. They confirmed that the doctors there prescribe it for patients.

When asking them if they have it in stock because i'm from Udon and would prefer just one trip they were like "you have to see a doctor first". I said that i know that i need to see a doctor and get this prescribed, i just want to know if i can get this in a single visit, again the answer "need to see doctor first", like they don't want or can't tell me if they usually keep this in stock.

Thanks for the tip with Bumrungrad, i will visit them the next time when i'm in Bangkok and report back here how it went.

• 4 weeks later...

I made an appointment with Vitallife and Bumrungrad and saw a doctor there.

They made the standard height / weight / blood pressure checks, then i went to see the doctor who i told that i would like to get Phentermine described to loose weight. I was asked some questions regarding my lifestyle, weight gain, possible health issues and so on. After confirming that i'm healthy (just fat) the doctor agreed to prescribe Phentermine. I asked to get a larger supply because i'm not staying in Bangkok, and was told the maximum i can get prescribed at once is a suply of 4 weeks at 30mg a day.

This did cost me about 1000 THB for the doctor and 2000 THB for the Phentermine (Panbesy 56 * 15mg tablets).

The doctor recommended to start with 15mg a day, see how the side effects are and if it's ok to increase the dose to 30mg a day, so this is what i will do and see how it goes.

• 5 months later...

I just want to comment on this thread because it helped me get the meds. I made an appt online to visit them and after 2 days I went to Vitalife for my appointment. They did the body mass check and in all took 30 mins. I was really impressed with the staff, great customer service. I spoke to the doctor and she prescribed me Panbesy 30 mg for 90 days. I was surprised because I thought it couldn't be written more than 30 days at a time. Regardless, i made a follow up appointment for 3 months and got the medication. My doctor also prescribed me multivitamins and calcium pills but i asked them i dont want it and they took it off the bill.

Total damage? 1850 for the test and doctor appointment. Also another 300 for the ancillary charges. The medication for 3 months was a bit pricey like 6 to 7k baht. In total, I paid $266 USD or almost 8,000 BHT for 90 days supply. I am obese but don't plan on using these for more than 3 months. I used them earlier this year and lost about 30 pounds in 3 months. Just 30 more pounds to go! Hope this helps. 

Archived