Recommended Tailor For Existing Clothes?

thaitoe

I see on the forum recommended tailor shops to get new suits and shirts made, but can someone recommend a shop or person that can tailor my existing button-ups and shirts at a reasonable rate? 

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

I'm searching for a reasonably priced female tailor. I bought  a wedding dress from ebay and need to have it altered and the top part corseted to fit. Whenever the word 'wedding' is mentioned the price seems to go insane which is why I ended up buying on ebay. I was quoted 25000 baht for a dress I managed to buy for 600 baht, and the quality is absolutely fine, as long as the additional corset and alterations don't cost another 24400!

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Benjamas Tailors - Times Square Building on the main Suk Rd near Soi 12.  Thai lady manager who speaks good English, and a shop that does basic alternations for very reasonable prices. They also do more, such as custom made clothing and such. But I've used them many times for a variety of alterations and repairs.

http://www.benjamastailor.com/

Just a short walk from the Asoke BTS / Sukhumvit MRT stations heading toward Nana.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:40 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Benjamas Tailors - Times Square Building on the main Suk Rd near Soi 12.  Thai lady manager who speaks good English, and a shop that does basic alternations for very reasonable prices. They also do more, such as custom made clothing and such. But I've used them many times for a variety of alterations and repairs.

http://www.benjamastailor.com/

Just a short walk from the Asoke BTS / Sukhumvit MRT stations heading toward Nana.

i would second that, she is excellent; however has she moved location? i have not used her for some time and the last time i walked through Times Square i did not notice her shop. 

5 hours ago, wordchild said:

i would second that, she is excellent; however has she moved location? i have not used her for some time and the last time i walked through Times Square i did not notice her shop. 

Not moved AFAIK... I was last there probably a month back, and the shop has been there in the same location for many years. It's up on the 2nd floor in the rear left corner of the building, facing as you enter.

Benjamas Tailors is still in the Times Square Building, on the second floor. That's one up from the ground floor and one down from the BTS level.

I don't know about "excellent," but they do a competent job with basic alterations, and their prices are low.

Archived