Russian man in critical condition after car slams into house

snoop1130

Russian man in critical condition after car slams into house

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1548926619_1-org.jpg

The driver, Russian expat Artem Primak, was recovered unconscious from the vehicle by rescue workers and rushed to Vachira Phuket Hopistal last night. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET:-- A Russian expat is in critical condition at Dibuk Hospital after his car slammed into a house in Kata last night (Jan 30).

Capt Channarong Prakongkue of the Karon Police was notified of the accident at about 8pm.

The driver, Russian expat Artem Primak, was recovered unconscious from the vehicle by rescue workers and rushed to Vachira Phuket Hopistal last night, Capt Channarong confirmed.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-man-in-critical-condition-after-car-slams-into-house-70229.php#fQ503fvrJGQ8eOBH.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-31

Very lucky he didn't kill or injure any pedestrians as that spot is regularly passed by Russians and Chinese leaving the Hilton or Thavorn Palm on the way to the 7-Eleven and the overproced street food.

How he lost control so badly I don't know. Judging by the direction the car was facing afterwards he must have gone right to the other side of the road before landing in the ditch in front of the house. Fortunately the tailors shop nearby, which took a direct hit, has been disused for some time.

I wondered at the time if he'd had a heart attack or similar, causing him to lose consciousness at the wheel but that is nothing more than guesswork. I do know that there was a lot of blood and that CPR was performed!

6 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Very lucky he didn't kill or injure any pedestrians as that spot is regularly passed by Russians and Chinese leaving the Hilton or Thavorn Palm on the way to the 7-Eleven and the overproced street food.

How he lost control so badly I don't know. Judging by the direction the car was facing afterwards he must have gone right to the other side of the road before landing in the ditch in front of the house. Fortunately the tailors shop nearby, which took a direct hit, has been disused for some time.

I wondered at the time if he'd had a heart attack or similar, causing him to lose consciousness at the wheel but that is nothing more than guesswork. I do know that there was a lot of blood and that CPR was performed!

"I wondered at the time if he'd had a heart attack or similar" - vodka attack.  ????

12 hours ago, madmitch said:

That was also a thought but ruled out by the police, if you read the article.

"The driver, Russian expat Artem Primak, was recovered unconscious from the vehicle" - " Capt Channarong confirmed that Mr Primak tested negative for alcohol, but declined to reveal further details."

I read the article. Did you????

How do you breath test an unconscious person? 

If unconscious, it would have to have been a blood test, in which the results would not be known, at the time of the article. 

49 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

"The driver, Russian expat Artem Primak, was recovered unconscious from the vehicle" - " Capt Channarong confirmed that Mr Primak tested negative for alcohol, but declined to reveal further details."

I read the article. Did you????

How do you breath test an unconscious person? 

If unconscious, it would have to have been a blood test, in which the results would not be known, at the time of the article. 

I was about to write a considered response to this and then thought "Why Bother!"

Plenty of rumours around regarding this accident at the moment but all unsubstantiated so I won't post any of them.

20 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I was about to write a considered response to this and then thought "Why Bother!"

Plenty of rumours around regarding this accident at the moment but all unsubstantiated so I won't post any of them.

It's always good to "consider" before you "respond." 

That way, you do not rule anything out, in the land of smoke and mirrors. ????

Archived