British man barricades self in Phuket Town condo

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I believe that there is a Thai law that requires that payments over a certain amount must get a receipt.

Yes for extra overs of the monthly rent amount agreed upon.

There's a strict law in place for landlords with five or more rented apartments, this is not the case for my wife but she will do it anyway if the need arises.

8 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

a month's rent in a decent condo is a significant sum.

Is the person in question in a decent condo whether or not his behaviour is inappropriate.

9 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

unless he pays by direct bank transfer, in which case that acts as a receipt anyway.

That is great advice. ????

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Why would anyone pay without getting a receipt, especially in Thailand, doesn't make sense.

6 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

Correct.

I always use a third, and independent party, for the issue of receipts.  They are called, "a bank." 

March 2018, I flew from Heathrow to Bangkok Airport with my suitcase and my small backpack. Got on the airport bus to Hua Hin airport, then the free shuttle to the Clock Tower in the centre of Hua Hin.

I didn’t have anywhere to stay. Wandered around for 20 minutes or so, found soi 57. The first hotel wanted 1000 THB per night which seemed a bit expensive. The next hotel was 600 a night for fan on ceiling and en-suite shower room. Just what I wanted.

I have been staying there ever since. I pay 10,000 a month in cash; no receipt. If I want to go away for a week or so travelling, I clear my stuff out of the room and put it in their store cupboard. She then freezes the contract while I am away, and it restarts on my return. Thai family owns and runs the hotel. Total trust between us on both sides. Honest, hard working Thais the lot of them.

40 minutes ago, silver sea said:

March 2018, I flew from Heathrow to Bangkok Airport with my suitcase and my small backpack. Got on the airport bus to Hua Hin airport, then the free shuttle to the Clock Tower in the centre of Hua Hin.

I didn’t have anywhere to stay. Wandered around for 20 minutes or so, found soi 57. The first hotel wanted 1000 THB per night which seemed a bit expensive. The next hotel was 600 a night for fan on ceiling and en-suite shower room. Just what I wanted.

I have been staying there ever since. I pay 10,000 a month in cash; no receipt. If I want to go away for a week or so travelling, I clear my stuff out of the room and put it in their store cupboard. She then freezes the contract while I am away, and it restarts on my return. Thai family owns and runs the hotel. Total trust between us on both sides. Honest, hard working Thais the lot of them.

Come to Phuket and experience Thai hospitality, and then compare it to Hua Hin.  You would think you were in a different country.  Nothing for free here.  ????

How is it "total trust on both sides" when she has a copy of your passport, and visa, and you pay in advance???? 

7 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

Khun David, if you are reading this, broadcast some live video from your condo fortress.

It could go viral, and you may be offered refugee status, in a county of your choice.   ????????

If you are running short of supplies, perhaps some drone deliveries can be arranged, if you commit to an exclusive interview, after you come out.  ????

He's not a beautiful girl from Saudi Arabia. It's missing the bling. 

12 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

He's not a beautiful girl from Saudi Arabia. It's missing the bling. 

The "bling" is there.  This has the makings of a movie.  A David (no pun intended) versus Goliath epic.  ????

The title could be called, "I am just a Farang - The day a farang refused to be scammed in Thailand."  ????

He should be live streaming, and setting up a Go Fund Me for his plight.  ????

12 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

i dont think its about not getting receipts for payment of rent , he could have paid the rent directly with her the owner , he is just wanting to stay there free of charge , he is scum and should be removed , he could even go stay somewhere else if he was scared of owners family , when he is taken out he should be jailed till he pays also 

Are you this harsh with everyone?

Khun David, if you are reading this, broadcast some live video from your condo fortress.

It could go viral, and you may be offered refugee status, in a county of your choice.   [emoji1787][emoji1787]

If you are running short of supplies, perhaps some drone deliveries can be arranged, if you commit to an exclusive interview, after you come out.  [emoji16]
He is a prime go fund me candidate. Walks in a guy with little cash and drives out in a new porche.

i dont think its about not getting receipts for payment of rent , he could have paid the rent directly with her the owner , he is just wanting to stay there free of charge , he is scum and should be removed , he could even go stay somewhere else if he was scared of owners family , when he is taken out he should be jailed till he pays also 
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Maybe he took two of the most beautifull bargirls to his room two weeks ago, and just not want to leave untill his bleu or yellow pills are finished .

What beautiful bargirls? You're about 15 years too late. Mr David has probably locked himself in to escape the ladyboys.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:09 AM, soalbundy said:

Why would anyone pay without getting a receipt, especially in Thailand, doesn't make sense.

People should just pay by bank its not that hard to do. Most people who live here do have a Thai bank account. 

7 hours ago, robblok said:

People should just pay by bank its not that hard to do. Most people who live here do have a Thai bank account. 

You don't need a Thai bank account to make a deposit.  Even tourists can walk into a bank and deposit money into a Thai bank account.  This is what he should have done.  

On 2/2/2019 at 8:24 AM, bomber said:

probably broke and doesnt fancy a cold winters day in the UK,come brexiteers cheer him up ready for his return home and 10 years of picking spuds in lincolnshire fields to save up for his return.

The article says he's from Brisbane - Australia. 

• 1 month later...

Archived