BANGKOK 27 March 2019 02:22
Jonathan Fairfield

Foreigners now need to keep 800k in Thai bank for three months AFTER retirement extension is granted

1 minute ago, sumrit said:

He can't transfer the money back round if he has to show official documentation as to the source of the income he's declaring.

Although this has been rumoured for some offices, it is not required as per the IO posted requirements.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A lot of expats aren't IT literate.

They don't own a PC.

Don't have internet banking.

With the new requirements they've now been thrown into the 21st century, which is akin to living on Mars for them.

Even if they are computer literate in the US there are only a few banks that will allow you to open an account with a foreign address.  I have two pensions, one from SSA that is deposited in BBL with no problems.  The other one is a private pension and they  refuse to deposit it if a foreign bank , even BBl and they have a US bank number.  So the money goes to a relatives account and is sent here periodically but not on a regular basis due to the relatives medical problems.  I receive a statement from both SSA and the private fund that says exactly what the benefits will be for the following year and have always out the total on the affidavit and have the backup statements but it is not all deposited in a Thai Bank each month.  If the baht falls below 29/$ then I will have a problem.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Although this has been rumoured for some offices, it is not required as per the IO posted requirements.

We will just have to wait and see then. If it has been 'rumoured at some offices' it's obviously an option Immigration have already thought of. If too many fiddles like this are even suspected I think they will implement this as a requirement.

Edited by sumrit

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

If you were correct why only citizens of 4 out of 100 embassies affected?  Time to look at reality.  Case of embassy lazies. 

Dont ruin a good argument with facts, this is TV.

14 minutes ago, indepth said:

If you were correct why only citizens of 4 out of 100 embassies affected?  Time to look at reality.  Case of embassy lazies. 

Because the 4 Embassies didn't have the balls to stand  up to Immigration and tell them that this is what you have accepted for years and if yo won't accept it any longer then you, Thai Immigration, release a statement to the citizens of these countries that you will no longer accept the Income Affidavits provided by them.  It would have never happened!

1 hour ago, sumrit said:

You are wrong! The BE  only stated what they were shown. That may not have been accurate.

For example, and this is 100% accurate. I know of one British National personally who didn't have enough pension each month, so three months before he needed the income letter he transferred £500.00 from one UK account to the second UK account then sent it back again two days later labelled as 'rent' (from a fictitious house rental) to show an extra monthly income he didn't actually have. With him showing three months bank statements the BE gave him a letter showing his pension and rent income totals which was more than enough to satisfy his income requirements. He just relied on nobody checking his rental claims.

Simple and easy to do but a fiddle and a lie. BE letters information could easily be 'falsified'.

So please stop your inaccurate comments and Change the Record!!!!! 

Sorry but BE only accepted official documents. I sent my P60, recent pension payslip and 3 months bank statements. Your nonsensical method wouldn't have washed with the BE.

9 minutes ago, wayned said:

Because the 4 Embassies didn't have the balls to stand  up to Immigration and tell them that this is what you have accepted for years and if yo won't accept it any longer then you, Thai Immigration, release a statement to the citizens of these countries that you will no longer accept the Income Affidavits provided by them.  It would have never happened!

Since Immigration have indeed carried on accepting what they have been accepting for years from the rest of the less churlish Embassies, some may have jumped the gun or got it wrong. Do you think IO backed down and it is they who don't have the cajones, simply because a few Embassies spat the dummy?

Edited by jacko45k

23 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Sorry but BE only accepted official documents. I sent my P60, recent pension payslip and 3 months bank statements. Your nonsensical method wouldn't have washed with the BE.

It is NOT NONSENSICAL. IT IS 100% ACCURATE and BE DID accept the information supplied and issued the letter. He wasn't asked for any further proof of that income.

I know this person very well. If you read my post accurately and digest the information I supplied you will see this person used his last three months BANK statements to supply the BE with his income details and that is what the BE used for his income letter. He didn't even have to photoshop the statements, they were 100% accurate. It was purely the source of the 'rent' that wasn't accurate.

And YOU said in your post, 'bank statements' are official documents. 

I personally have been in Thailand for some fifteen years now and have used a BE income letter as part of my extension application in Chonburi every single year. I have only ever supplied bank statements for that letter. I have never ever been asked to supply any other documents to prove my income. That's how my mate got his idea to create a fictitious rental income to boost his pension income.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sumrit said:

It is NOT NONSENSICAL. IT IS 100% ACCURATE and BE DID accept the information supplied and issued the letter. He wasn't asked for any further proof of that income.

I know this person very well. If you read my post accurately and digest the information I supplied you will see this person used his last three months BANK statements to supply the BE with his income details and that is what the BE used for his income letter.

And YOU said in your post, 'bank statements' are official documents. 

I personally have been in Thailand for some fifteen years now and have used a BE income letter as part of my extension application in Chonburi every single year. I have only ever supplied bank statements for that letter. I have never ever been asked to supply any other documents to prove my income. That's how my mate got his idea to create a fictitious rental income to boost his pension income.

Oh, the ubiquitous "a friend". Understand now. 🤨

Just now, Spidey said:

Oh, the ubiquitous "a friend". Understand now. 🤨

No NOT me, I don't need to do things illegally. If I was illegal I wouldn' be against others falsifying income and using against agents illegally supply false bank details and pay off IO's.

You, on the other hand, seem to be in favour of all the scams........I wonder why????????

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Since Immigration have indeed carried on accepting what they have been accepting for years from the rest of the less churlish Embassies, some may have jumped the gun or got it wrong. Do you think IO backed down and it is they who don't have the cajones, simply because a few Embassies spat the dummy?

Positively, it all started with the BE and then the others followed suit kinda like the BE calling the head of Immigration as "the right honorable gentleman" and bending over and being butt  (deleted).!

6 minutes ago, sumrit said:

No NOT me, I don't need to do things illegally. If I was illegal I wouldn' be against others falsifying income and using against agents illegally supply false bank details and pay off IO's.

You, on the other hand, seem to be in favour of all the scams........I wonder why????????

I have empathy for others, less fortunate than me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I have empathy for others, less fortunate than me.

I have friends caught up in this and certainly do not wish them to be forced out of Thailand

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wayned said:

Positively, it all started with the BE and then the others followed suit kinda like the BE calling the head of Immigration as "the right honorable gentleman" and bending over and being butt  (deleted).!

Far from the truth. The BE twisted TI's words and used them to end the embassy letters for their own reasons. Rather than the BE being butt <deleted>, the BE butt <deleted> TI.

And it's own citizens.

Edited by Spidey

57 minutes ago, wayned said:

I didnt post "If you were correct , etc". But, what you say is rubbish, pure supposition, would never stand up in a court of law. Lets stick to the facts, just the facts.