Foreigners now need to keep 800k in Thai bank for three months AFTER retirement extension is granted

13 minutes ago, madmen said:
17 minutes ago, notamember said:
Most good agents do not offer a convenience service
they do not have the time to do so
they won't stand in line or hand hold for persons who can do it themselves but are too lazy . dumb or both to do it themselves
That is the domain of the bottom feeders

?some People pay 20k for the convieinace. Agent doesn't care what you call his service

people who pay 20, 000 to not stand in line are nuts and why do you think agents do not care?

know any agents or just influenced by the sheeple on here?

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Thank Sheryl. Just called my First Direct Bank in UK who tell me SWIFT transfers in GBP are FREE of charge. I did one in January, but it came out on my Foreign Currency Account statement as a NO BOOK TRANSFER, as did one from my Pension company. All my T'wise to my Savings account in THB say FTT.

It's a minefield. 

I tried a test tranfer from First Direct to Kasikorn......

came through in 2 days , no charge from First direct and coded as foreign transfer.

But as 65,000 baht is becoming very close to the wire due to exchange rate, hoping the combo method is still ongoing, as I have a sum of 500,000 baht in kasikorn......

Might be able to get to the 800,000 in time for seasoning end september 2019.....Not a route I prefer though.....And, will all my Swifts appear as foreign?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Any ideas how to get the 800k out of a Thai bank if you ever leave.....  not your idea but the legal way to get it back to the UK.

second point,  you talk bad about an Elite, it is guaranteed,  the 800k may change every year on the whim of Immigration, with extra worries

If you are over 75  Elite is Ideal, a younger person a no go.

get an ATM card, make sure global use is allowed

set the limit at £500 a time

tell the bank you are going to UK to warn them of withdrawals

go to UK

draw out £500 a day at a cost of 100 baht each time until its all gone

report card stolen/lost

let bank account go dormant

end of

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

police order No. 35 /2561 

don't know how these numbers are assigned to police orders,  but I suspect 2561 is the year.  Aren't we in year 2562 and as this is a new order,  should it not be 2562. Or maybe this has been under consideration for some time.

Just a typo. Everything else says January 2019 (2562).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

but there does not seem to be any provision allowing you to spend it in case of emergency/unexpected need.

Basically we are being required to permanently post  400K bond that can never be withdrawn or spent.

until you decide to leave Thailand and if not married better have 800K bond... safer, not easier for some but safer

20 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Personally I think Thailand is trying to bring 'working capital' into the country.... (and they aren't getting MINE)...... After all this is the scam capital.....

At the same time as they are requiring all this money brought into the country, They are 'deflating the value' of all the western currencies and inflating the value of their 'Baht'..... After the Thai banks are filled up (with all our 'bargain-rate currencies) they know the Baht will devalue again and 'our' currencies will rise (leaving them a great profit)........ So 'Thai Grafters' will have 'fat accounts'.......

I have elected (and vowed) not to bring any of my money here for them to 'Play with'...... I will just come back as a tourist every couple months instead..... and let them have my 'retirement visa' and shove it where the sun don't shine.......

To each their own opinion..... This is mine.....

Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree 100% and will also be following this plan!

If you are on a retirement visa/extension or a marriage visa/extension, and have had enough of these new immigration rules and regulations, appreciating baht, high inflation rate, consider moving to the Philippines and getting a special retirement residency visa (SRRV) for USD$1,400. Search here on Thaivisa for "SRRV" for more info.

So if someone does what many expats do: park 800K baht in a Thai bank account and just leave it there, never even touching it, doing all their regular transactions through other accounts--will that still work? I hear about people being told by IO that they must show evidence that they spend money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pussycatdoll said:

I tried a test tranfer from First Direct to Kasikorn......

came through in 2 days , no charge from First direct and coded as foreign transfer.

But as 65,000 baht is becoming very close to the wire due to exchange rate, hoping the combo method is still ongoing, as I have a sum of 500,000 baht in kasikorn......

Might be able to get to the 800,000 in time for seasoning end september 2019.....Not a route I prefer though.....And, will all my Swifts appear as foreign?

Can you not do 65k per month x 12, and spend it ALL if you want. You do NOT have to show any in the bank for the income method.

Good to know about First Direct. I just did £100 this afternoon to try the system instead of T'wise.

I renewed my annual extension of stay in November 2018 using combination method / embassy letter at Phuket immigration.

Having just decided to use the 65k baht per month method to secure my extension of stay due this November.

i deposited 70k in my bangkok bank today and plan to do the same for the next 9 months, so can show 10 months transfers totaling 700k in Nov 2019.

i understand immigration will show some leniency....will this suffice under said circumstances. .?

I intend to use these monies for everyday expenses too..is that acceptable ?

thanks 

13 hours ago, wilbuengkan said:

With this requirement to maintain 400K - 800K THB in Thailand, how difficult will it be to withdraw the money from the bank and exit Thailand?

From my experience, it is easy to bring money into Thailand and difficult to take money out.

I sold my condo and had to prove to the bank that the money was from the sale of the condo before a wire transfer could be done, to transfer the funds out of Thailand.

So, how do you prove the origin of the money?

Can you easily do a bank wire transfer or must you carry cash when you exit?

Dee Money for out. They have pretty good limits. Low hassles. 

9 minutes ago, Kevin neil said:

I renewed my annual extension of stay in November 2018 using combination method / embassy letter at Phuket immigration.

Having just decided to use the 65k baht per month method to secure my extension of stay due this November.

i deposited 70k in my bangkok bank today and plan to do the same for the next 9 months, so can show 10 months transfers totaling 700k in Nov 2019.

i understand immigration will show some leniency....will this suffice under said circumstances. .?

thanks 

Please grow up and go ask your immigration office the questions.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Genericnic said:

It will get rid of some of us non-poorer people as well. Just because we will be leaving does not mean we cannot afford to stay. It just means that we have reached our limits for dealing with poor policies by the IO. 

David

if you meet the criteria i cant see why it should be such a problem. 

• Like 1

Maybe if you are insane especially if this immigration reform act gets through. Deported for being rude or renting a hooker

Makes thailand look like Disney land in comparison

New Philippines Immigration Reform Act filed. If the recent price increases, violence escalation, infrastructure or lack thereof, and general lack of fair and due process doesn't convince you to go elsewhere, the new Philippines Immigration Reform Act will. It gives wide and vague latitude for Immigration and Police to basically do whatever they feel like with you. Here are a few new highlights:

● Exit Clearance will now be required after 60 days - [MTV] Essentially if you stay in country for > 60 days you need Tax Clearance before you can leave, even if leaving for a holiday - IIRC this is currently 6 Months
● Foreigners Permanent Residency will be cancelled on divorce, relationship abandonment, or failure to provide support for Filipino spouse and family(does not disclose as what extent of her existing family). - [MTV] Scary 
● Foreigners Permanent Residency will cancelled if outside the Philippines more than 1 year.
● Foreigners will no longer be allowed to establish any type of business under a visitor visa.- [MTV] One of the major selling points of PI over TH
● New visa applicants will be required to have a physical and mental evaluation prior to getting an immigrant visa. - [MTV] Speechless
● Entry into the Philippines will be denied for those believed to arriving for the purpose of getting prostitutes or showing "disrespect" to any government official or employee. - [MTV] Some may guffaw at this but anybody who's visited the Philippines for the past 10+ years can tell you about clampdowns in Manila & (especially) Cebu 
● Deportable offenses: engaging in prostitution,  being deemed a public charge, being deemed undesirable, and being "rude" .- [MTV] Speechless
● Foreigners must register within 60 days of arrival and update any changes in said registration within 7 days. - [MTV] TM30/TM28 anybody?
● Also states that the immigration agency can start requiring cash bonds on demand to ensure immigration adherence. Provision perhaps for longer stays?- [MTV] at the moment the only cash requirement outside of visa expenses is if you go for an SRRV Visa, this sounds more like they're going to want to see Funds in the Bank for people who are staying longer on any kind of basis
● Imprisonment offences of not less than 5 years: falsely claiming to be a Filipino citizen, pretending to be someone else or using false documents, making a false statement in any immigration matter,   

I think you don't know how the Philippines are ticking. Sure, this law text exits. But who cares. All of my friends live since years and years on a tourist visa in Philippines. Including myself. You get one month, then you extend your free visa and after 3 months you will get 6 months. After 2 months you will even get a ACR-I (ID card for foreigners). This is very helpful in daily life. (Bank, renting, travel etc). With the tourist visa you are allowed to stay up to 3 years. Then you do a 1 or 2 trip to i.e. Hongkong. So to cut the story short, almost nobody I know bothers to apply for this expensive and complicated retriee visa. But up to you, keep staying in the Big Joke land. We for ourselves don't miss this land of FALSE SMILES and feel sorry for all of you.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Kevin neil said:

thanks 

I sincerely hope so. I shall do 70k per month just to be safe. 12 x 70 = 840k.

I'm not too happy about the changes either, however, everyone needs to read the entire order as there is more clarification that makes it a little more palatable if you're over 60!! See item 6 of the Police Order English Translation copy!!!