Foreigners now need to keep 800k in Thai bank for three months AFTER retirement extension is granted

15 minutes ago, indepth said:

Against the law, correct, but it was advertised widely here in Phuket . Elvajero usually just repeats what UJ posts. At other times, he is often way off the mark. If use an agent and have "pretend " seasoned funds, you may well get your visa, but, if the shit hits the fan as it did in Sadao, you will be in deep shit for being overstay, ie no valid visa. You can take what i say to the bank. 

If you have an immigration issued visa it is valid. If someone has forged it, then a number of people are in deep trouble.

And I know about elvajero, he keeps confusing an extension/permit to stay with a visa. But he can't be told. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indepth said:
6 hours ago, elviajero said:

It’s not law. It’s a condition of being issued an extension. If you don’t meet the condition (“seasoning”) you simply don’t get the extension; and you can’t sent be to the “monkey house”!

Wanna bet? Use an agent , no seasoning, get caught out, got to monkey house. I was here when Hanbali, dunno correct spelling, went through Sadao, all who got caught on the streets with their supposed 90 day visa run, went to monkey house

Yes I do. I bet you a gazillion, billion, million baht that no law is broken if you don’t season funds prior to applying for an extension.

You are now, presumably, referring to people committing fraud. That’s entirely different.

6 hours ago, Chodi25 said:

No. I am male and have grown children here who are Thai citizens. Immigration does not consider that in the visa equation for me. I am divorced from my Thai wife so no help there. Having adult children (over 20) who are Thai citizens is no help at all with immigration. As I stated much earlier in this thread against my better judgement I am just going to top up one of my accounts here to 800k and leave it there. Not happy at all about having to do that.

I don't believe this is true, at least for US citizens. Non-O to visit family works and the family member can be a child, as long as the child is a Thai citizen. No age limit on the application.

29 minutes ago, indepth said:

Against the law, correct, but it was advertised widely here in Phuket . Elvajero usually just repeats what UJ posts. At other times, he is often way off the mark. If use an agent and have "pretend " seasoned funds, you may well get your visa, but, if the shit hits the fan as it did in Sadao, you will be in deep shit for being overstay, ie no valid visa. You can take what i say to the bank. 

Rubbish! I never repeat what UJ posts. My opinions are my own and I am one of the few members that challenges UJ’s opinion.

As usual you don’t know what you’re talking about and are conflating several issues.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, lkv said:

Wherever there is a system that has loopholes, those loopholes will be exploited.

"Those people operating illegally" - are you talking about foreign applicants, Thai agents or Thai IO's?

Lying and falsifying documentation is not taking advantage of a loophole, it's cheating at best, and more likely criminal.

A loophole is a legal workaround.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rott said:

And I know about elvajero, he keeps confusing an extension/permit to stay with a visa. But he can't be told. ????

No I don’t. I simply defend the fact that virtually everyone calls anything stamped or stuck in their passport giving permission to enter or stay in a foreign country a visa; because that’s what a visa is. 

I have never called a Thai permit a visa.

16 minutes ago, brexiteer said:

That is what immigration want.

What they want is proof of income, and having the money transferred in every month is the best way to cut down fraud, and get that proof.

I beleive that now they’ve started to allow proof via actual transfers that it will become the preferred method.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

So humour me and post it again. Or, give me the thread title and post number please.

If it's because the decision was made by auditors and then you making up their motive, that is not proof.

The BE has already stated why they did, you just can't accept that reason.

If that is indeed your "proof", then don't bother. Hard facts only please. No assumptions, suppositions or, make-believe.

I've given you the evidence already:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1084125-regarding-new-extensions-regulations/?do=findComment&comment=13843979

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1084125-regarding-new-extensions-regulations/?do=findComment&comment=13843553

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1084125-regarding-new-extensions-regulations/?do=findComment&comment=13843432

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1084125-regarding-new-extensions-regulations/?do=findComment&comment=13843487

I've answered all of your questions umpteen times. If you can't accept the facts, I can't help you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

That is not true. You have repeatedly called an extension a retirement visa and have repeatedly defended the use of that description.

I have said on a number of occasions that in the past ubonjoe was correcting people for calling it a visa not an extension. You claimed no knowledge of this and uj himself never spoke to clarify things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rott said:

That is not true. You have repeatedly called an extension a retirement visa and have repeatedly defended the use of that description.

I have said on a number of occasions that in the past ubonjoe was correcting people for calling it a visa not an extension. You claimed no knowledge of this and uj himself never spoke to clarify things.

Can we please call it a tally-whacker!!!

• Haha 2

Why should those who entered before 1998 have only 200K minimum?

200k is more reasonable for retirees. If retirees are rich, they wouldn't choose Thailand but USA. LOL

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, rott said:

A non-imm O, multi-entry, is starting to look good. I miss the visa runs to Vientiane.

There is a limit of two per year. Even then, if you enter too many times a few years, it might not be granted.

43 minutes ago, rott said:
2 hours ago, elviajero said:

No I haven’t. You will not find one single post where I call it a visa.

Yes I defend it’s use because, agents, lawyers, immigration, reporters, virtually every expat you'll ever meet, call it a visa. In immigration terms a permit is a form of visa.

That’s wrong too. He usually just makes it clear they are asking about their extension of stay and not a visa. He is not on a mission — like some — to change terminology used by everyone listed above.

Edited by elviajero
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sumrit said:

No it is not. On the TM.7 it is entitled:

APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM

Yep. Your right. My memory is it used to say retirement visa too but your right.. just looked very latest ones not say. Sorry ????  Well spotted.

All them Immigration Officers calling them Retirement Visas though .. and them signs and passport stamps and the 99.99999 % people saying retirement visa .. the dictionary meaning ... permission to stay is a visa. But hey ho.

Its like insisting there is no such thing as a baht bus. Correcting them that the official name is Songthow (or something) and correcting anyone who ever says baht bus.  If its called a baht bus by 99.99999 percent of people .. I tend to call them that toooo. 

Just saying. 

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

Yes I do. I bet you a gazillion, billion, million baht that no law is broken if you don’t season funds prior to applying for an extension.

You are now, presumably, referring to people committing fraud. That’s entirely different.

I never presume. And, betting is not allowed on this site.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, indepth said:

I didnt post "If you were correct , etc". But, what you say is rubbish, pure supposition, would never stand up in a court of law. Lets stick to the facts, just the facts.

If we stuck to facts, we'd still be on page 1, not page 176!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1