A really good AC technician

Rod the Sod

After a hopeless search and two bad decisions I appeal to anyone out there in Bangkok who knows of a good air conditioning technician who can go beyond squirting water at the problem and actually detect and cure the cause of the musty smell in my AC. Many thanks in advance.

There's not much else they can do than cleaning it with high pressure water...

Ours didn't work well after many years so we let them disassemble it totally and clean all and rebuild it....it still doesn't work like it was new but it works.

Next time we just buy a new one.

Those cleanerguys are terrible, we had more than 10 of them and they always come too late or not at all...always call loads of times, what a waste of time....

Also i don't understand why they need 3 persons to clean it, don't like to have 3 of them in/around the house. 

I hope Daiking builds an aircon with disposable filters so i can easy change them myself....would pay 1000 baht for a filter with a big smile.

The filters in my Hitachi air-con can easily be removed and cleaned, and I do this every month. Whilst I'm doing that I give the fins and the rotary fan a quick spray with cleaning foam that also has some sort of fungicide in it.

That takes about 10 minutes and seems to do the trick.

I do that with the air-con off (off course) and the windows open, and once it is done I go out for an hour or two leaving the windows open to allow the smell/chemicals to dissipate.

Before I used to have to get the air-con cleaners in every 3-4 months, but now I haven't had to call them for nearly a year, so that's about 1500B saved.

For the outside unit, I just give the radiator a spray from a hosepipe with a nozzle. Masses of black crud comes out of it for a couple of minutes and then when the water runs clear I stop. I do that once every couple of months.

9 hours ago, fruitman said:

There's not much else they can do than cleaning it with high pressure water...

Ours didn't work well after many years so we let them disassemble it totally and clean all and rebuild it....it still doesn't work like it was new but it works.

Next time we just buy a new one.

Those cleanerguys are terrible, we had more than 10 of them and they always come too late or not at all...always call loads of times, what a waste of time....

Also i don't understand why they need 3 persons to clean it, don't like to have 3 of them in/around the house. 

I hope Daiking builds an aircon with disposable filters so i can easy change them myself....would pay 1000 baht for a filter with a big smile.

what kind of fungicide do you use and where do you get it? 

1 hour ago, Rod the Sod said:

Thanks all for very helpful suggestions. I do clean the filters often but will try the fungicide trick. As per Pilotman, what kind do you use Fruitman?

Pilotman - I am PPL but not commercial!

We have those plastic filter things that come with a new daikin but they don't filter well....the aircon still has to get cleaned with hp water by those guys every 4 months which i really hate...

I've tried those filtrete filters but they also don't work good enough and make the fan running faster so more noise.

The dust goes on the cooling ribs and that's very hard to remove...hp water is the best way but a lot of trouble.

We never use fungicide but in those plastic filters is some paper that they replace and is expensive...that kills germs or so...don't know exactly. it's a small piece of paper..

Daikin should invent 2.5 particle filters for aircons which are easy to get changed....

Previously I used an anti-mould spray from HomePro but I now use this:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/-i265236329-s412606408.html

I finally found it hidden in BigC for 155B per can, so I buy it there.

There is also a product called Norca which seems to be stronger. I've not tried that yet.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/norca-500ml-norca-foam-500-ml-1-air-con-cleaner-aircon-cleaner-norca-foam-norca-foam-i236311128-s362506182.html

A further thank you to KK, PM and FM. I bought a hose attachment and blasted the outside units. I then bought Norca which I used today. Very easy to use and collectively I now have sweet smelling air from my AC units. Even if it doesn't last forever I have enough for a couple of 6-monthly cleans. Collectively the price was less than one useless Service by Samsung or others, and so your advice was great and appreciated. Cheers RtS

You need a special coil cleaner. There are a few on the market, some good and some bad. If you need it cleaned properly you can PM me for details of a good local company with technicians who will do it for you. They are authorised panasonic and mitsubishi service agents but do most brands. 

• 6 months later...
20 hours ago, Facelesslk said:

Hey, have you get rid of the problem? I would like to suggest you if still need the service I was recently and the work they were done for me was awesome. They even showed me few tips what should I do if there may be a simple problem like you. I found a good aircon service(nice guys). They were talking with me like with a baby, but at least I know how to do the work.

In Singapore?

Archived