Ceiling collapse at Tesco Lotus Samkong

webfact

Ceiling collapse at Tesco Lotus Samkong

By The Phuket News

1548944139_1-org.jpg

Details have yet to be released about how the collapse occurred, which saw foam ceiling tiles, suspension struts and light fittings fall to the floor. Photo: Kathu Police

PHUKET: A section of the suspended ceiling collapsed at the Tesco-Lotus branch on the bypass road in Samkong this evening (Jan 31).

Kathu Police reported the incident at 8.30pm.

Details have yet to be released about how the collapse occurred, which saw foam ceiling tiles, suspension struts and light fittings fall to the floor on the in-store side of the checkout lanes.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/ceiling-collapse-at-tesco-lotus-samkong-70237.php#A8O0QMq0PmudisUZ.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-02-01

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Always happy to see an incident in Phuket, even something as innocuous as some ceiling tiles falling, can brighten up the day of our avid readers in the North and North Eastern Provinces. 

It probably brightened up the day for Phuket readers too, but only because they could see the daylight through the missing ceiling tiles.

Always happy to see an incident in Phuket, even something as innocuous as some ceiling tiles falling, can brighten up the day of our avid readers in the North and North Eastern Provinces. 

Much the same as all you phuket plebs, taking the p++s out of Issan folk.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Much the same as all you phuket plebs, taking the p++s out of Issan folk.

Yes, every day I jump on the forum and open up the Issan forum to catch up on events that are currently buzzing in Koen Khan, so I can thrown in a few hilarious one liners.????

Yes, every day I jump on the forum and open up the Issan forum to catch up on events that are currently buzzing in Koen Khan, so I can thrown in a few hilarious one liners.????

Thanks for the praise about our sense of humour!

19 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

Operating in Thailand, under Thai law. 

Yes indeed - thank you, but I am sure the UK parent company would not be really interested in defamation. It would be making efforts to ensure Health & Safety and be investigating those responsible for the installation and/or construction. 

5 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed - thank you, but I am sure the UK parent company would not be really interested in defamation. It would be making efforts to ensure Health & Safety and be investigating those responsible for the installation and/or construction. 

"and be investigating those responsible for the installation and/or construction." - and once those responsible are identified, which will be a Thai Company, if named in public by Tesco, then Tesco can be sued for defamation.  In fact, whoever names them in public, can be sued for defamation.  So, the wrong doers become the victim. ????  ????

Archived