Jump to content

UK to formulate Irish border proposals 'in a few days': Hunt


webfact

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rixalex said:

I agree there would be pressure on negotiators to buckle down and sort out deals ASAP, but i don't agree it would be to the point of Britain having to "go begging for deals", and maybe having a bit of urgency might not be such a bad thing for focusing minds and getting on with things. I think this simply comes down to how much confidence and belief you have in the country and how much you don't.

 

UK is not in the mess it is in because people voted to leave. The politicians were the ones who decided that they would turn the decision over to the people. The politicians should have prepared for the vote going either way. They didn't. They prepared only for the vote going the way they wanted it to. It didn't, and ever since, they, or at least most of them, have been trying to find ways of getting out of following through on what they promised, cheered on and encouraged by remainers in the media and in the public, like you. Remainers have been behind this mess from start to finish.

Again, everything wrong in the Brexiteer’s world is the fault of someone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, everything wrong in the Brexiteer’s world is the fault of someone else.

No. Everything wrong in the Remainer's world. which includes a Parliament that is almost entirely full of your fellow "let's try to thwart, undermine, disrupt and block the leaving process as much as we can" remain friends, is nothing to do with us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rixalex said:

No. Everything wrong in the Remainer's world. which includes a Parliament that is almost entirely full of your fellow "let's try to thwart, undermine, disrupt and block the leaving process as much as we can" remain friends, is nothing to do with us.

Then you would have to blame yourself because you voted those people in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Again, everything wrong in the Brexiteer’s world is the fault of someone else.

And for Remainers it’s the fault of Brexiteers for deigning to vote Leave.
Why can you not see that the current problems are caused by our politicians and civil servants for not respecting the referendum result and proceeding to an orderly Brexit? For the most part they, with the combined Remain lobby and EU, have concentrated on subversion instead of getting on with the real job in hand.
You’ve all wasted three years, while we slip nicely into a No Deal exit.


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, samran said:

Boy that is a bit muddled written by someone who knows nothing about economics and trade. 

 

You know when people EXPORT goods that they don’t need to be inspected by customs on the way out from the EU (or anywhere else). 

 

And for someone who has just accused me of being some sort of heartless corporate so and so, your proposal to allow companies to ‘self regulate’ on payment custom duties comes right out of the playbook of a corporate lobbyist. All your proposal will do is lead to massive smuggling and under reporting. 

 

 

"Boy that is a bit muddled written by someone who knows nothing about economics and trade."

 

Do you personally know the person who wrote that?

 

Know his name, where he lives, his educational level, in fact do you know ANYTHING ABOUT HIM AT.

 

You arrogantly dismiss him as if he is of consequence yet believe yourself to be his superior.

 

Ignorance and arrogance combined. Wow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Then you would have to blame yourself because you voted those people in. 

So then when a politician is found to be corrupt or some other such indiscretion or failure of duty, welovesundayatspace is of the opinion that it is not the fault of the politician, but the fault of the public for having voted them in.

 

Yet another absurd argument brought to you by the people of remain.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Loiner said:


And for Remainers it’s the fault of Brexiteers for deigning to vote Leave.
Why can you not see that the current problems are caused by our politicians and civil servants for not respecting the referendum result and proceeding to an orderly Brexit? For the most part they, with the combined Remain lobby and EU, have concentrated on subversion instead of getting on with the real job in hand.
You’ve all wasted three years, while we slip nicely into a No Deal exit.


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You vote for something, you own it.

 

You don’t vote for something, you don’t own it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Loiner said:


Why can you not see that the current problems are caused by our politicians and civil servants for not respecting the referendum result and proceeding to an orderly Brexit? For the most part they, with the combined Remain lobby and EU, have concentrated on subversion instead of getting on with the real job in hand.

Complete nonsense. The Brexit is even written in law and that hasn’t been changed. The leave you voted for has been implemented and will be executed on 29 March, no subversion whatsoever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

"Boy that is a bit muddled written by someone who knows nothing about economics and trade."

 

Do you personally know the person who wrote that?

 

Know his name, where he lives, his educational level, in fact do you know ANYTHING 

So now we can’t make an assessment of somebody based on what they write or say.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So now we can’t make an assessment of somebody based on what they write or say.

 

 

Of course you can but dismissing them in that manner shows ignorance and arrogance on the part of the poster.

 

Instead of responding to the post and replying to it individually it was simply dismissed as rubbish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, billd766 said:

"Boy that is a bit muddled written by someone who knows nothing about economics and trade."

 

Do you personally know the person who wrote that?

 

Know his name, where he lives, his educational level, in fact do you know ANYTHING ABOUT HIM AT.

 

You arrogantly dismiss him as if he is of consequence yet believe yourself to be his superior.

 

Ignorance and arrogance combined. Wow.

The person might be a very fine brain surgeon and save little kittens in their spare time. But based on what they wrote, I stand by my statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rixalex said:

So then when a politician is found to be corrupt or some other such indiscretion or failure of duty, welovesundayatspace is of the opinion that it is not the fault of the politician, but the fault of the public for having voted them in.

 

Yet another absurd argument brought to you by the people of remain.

The only thing “absurd” is how you’re spinning things here. You never mentioned corruption in your post I was replying to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So why won’t May allow Leaver politicians to do the negotiations?

Wasn’t David Davis a Leaver politician? And Dominic Raab? How many others offered themselves for the job?

 

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They would be happy to own it and probably come back with a realistic deal if necessary.

Yes, they would come back with something realistic. Unfortunately, Brexiters expecting the unrealistic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...