BANGKOK
webfact

UK to formulate Irish border proposals 'in a few days': Hunt

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So why won’t May allow Leaver politicians to do the negotiations? They would be happy to own it and probably come back with a realistic deal if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

David Davis was a staunch Leave supporter.

What a fine mess he made of things.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:18 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Someone tell me why the Irish government didn't put a border up when the IRA were killing Protestants (and Others) for years during the 1970s-1990s. Funny how it was important then but it is now!

ermmm there are lots of tiny pathways across thousands of meadows is there not ?

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 6:18 AM, Pilotman said:

So yet again, the 'Ireland question' comes back to haunt the UK and hold the rest of the UK to ransom.  If they truly are part of the UK in the North then of course there must be a border with the EU, with appropriate controls.  The Irish can't have their cake and eat it,  it's one or the other.   Maybe this is just the right time to finally get real and address the idiotic historic anomaly that is the north and accept the blindingly obvious, that the island of Ireland is indeed just one country. 

It is actually 4 countries made into 1 by the mainland U.K (The 4 fields)

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The only thing “absurd” is how you’re spinning things here. You never mentioned corruption in your post I was replying to. 

Either politicians are responsible for their actions or they aren't.

The premise of your argument was that the public were the ones to blame when politicians screw things up, because the public voted them in. Hogwash.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liverpudlian said:

ermmm there are lots of tiny pathways across thousands of meadows is there not ?

Yes and they are still there . Whats your point exactly. There was a no border then so why need one now. All political.

5 minutes ago, rixalex said:

The premise of your argument was that the public were the ones to blame when politicians screw things up

I never said the public were to blame when politicians commit fraud or corruption. Stop spreading lies. 

14 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I never said the public were to blame when politicians commit fraud or corruption. Stop spreading lies. 

As i said, the premise of your argument was that the public is culpable for what the politicians do, as the public vote them in. I wasn't lying about what you said, i was just applying the premise of your argument to politicians behavior in general.

If you think that defining the things that the public is culpable for with regards the actions of politicians, and the things that they aren't, really makes it a more credible or a less ridiculous argument that you are making, then go ahead.

22 minutes ago, rixalex said:

As i said, the premise of your argument was that the public is culpable for what the politicians do, as the public vote them in.

No, that’s not the premise of my argument. You better never do a GMAT; you would score terribly in the logical reasoning section.

If you think that defining the things that the public is culpable for with regards the actions of politicians, and the things that they aren't, really makes it a more credible or a less ridiculous argument that you are making, then go ahead.

If you really wanna disagree then I’m afraid you’re the one looking ridiculous. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

David Davis was a staunch Leave supporter.

What a fine mess he made of things.

He quit after May’s Chequers meeting. She was insisting on pursuing her/Merkel’s appeasement agreement.

He was obviously going to beat Barnier until she pulled the rug from under.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

So why won’t May allow Leaver politicians to do the negotiations? They would be happy to own it and probably come back with a realistic deal if necessary.

They are too busy posturing from the back bench in an effort to get May's job.

Far be it that they actually follow through on their commitments, but having to fall flat on their faces dealing with the practical reality of how to handle brexit means that its better they sit on the back bench pretending they can do a better job rather than be shown up for being....well, fibbing SOB's.

But at least one of them will be PM at the end of it. That's all they really care about.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

At least this man knows what it is all about.

Yes. His own pocket.

As he said, at least he doesn't have to deal with awful people after stepping down from UKIP!  (Would they be Brexiters by chance?)

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

He was obviously going to beat Barnier until she pulled the rug from under.

Hard to imagine Davies beating anyone else than his little David.