UK to formulate Irish border proposals 'in a few days': Hunt

webfact

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

The U.K population does know what they want. As shown in the Democratic people’s vote of 2016, when over 17,000,000 declared they wanted out of this so called union, this of course was in the largest vote in U.K history, they then followed up by again Democratically voting by 85% for parties that stood on a manefesto, to implement the referendum vote at the 2017 General Elevtion.

The problem is, the majority of the M.P’s have no respect for the very people they are supposed to represent. In fact many of them are going against the expressed wishes of their electorate. Therefore we now have a situation of the people versus Westminster.

4F0353D4-BD38-43F2-968A-BD129D42D505.jpeg

Nobody knew and nobody knows what Brexit entails.

This rhetoric by you and others 'we want out' is just a general claim without content.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, stevenl said:

Again empty rhetoric.

You mean the thoughts of a ordinary working man. Who contrary to what arrogant selfish people think. Can work out what the so called E.u is about.

The days when the working man,touched his forelock,for his master,are long gone. 

17 minutes ago, nontabury said:

You mean the thoughts of a ordinary working man. Who contrary to what arrogant selfish people think. Can work out what the so called E.u is about.

The days when the working man,touched his forelock,for his master,are long gone. 

Says man backing a plan hatched by Old Etonians, hedge fund managers and tax shy multimillionaires and paid for in a large extent by money from overseas that nobody in the Leave Campaign seems who it was who gave them the money.

35 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Disappointed you don't see the difference between not knowing what Brexit entails and knowing what remain will bring.

And yes, 'anything better' would only confirm that.

Someone tell me why the Irish government didn't put a border up when the IRA were killing Protestants (and Others) for years during the 1970s-1990s. Funny how it was important then but it is now!

Actually during the troubles there was what would be termed a hard border at all major crossing points between the ROI and NI such as the one at Auchnacloy in Co Tyrone on the A5, other smaller roads were blocked to prevent vehicles crossing but crossing the border was always possible on foot in the border as a lot of farm land belonging to a farmer would very often straddle the border so hence the reason troops were deployed to what is some time known as bandit country to try and counter this.
The reason the people of both NI and The ROI do not want a return to a hard border is because it will hark back to those very dark days that I think any right minded person would agree with
Some of these fixed border crossings were attacked on a regular basis by the IRA/INLA and properly the worst example of this was the attack on a checkpoint just outside Derry on the Letterkenny road where a civilian chef Pattie Gillespie who worked at the barracks in Derry was abducted from his home at gun point while his family were held hostage and was forced to drive a car bomb to the check point, he tried to warn the soldiers but unfortunately he and to soldiers died in the resulting explosion(suicide bombing by proxy) we do not want a return to this kind of stuff
Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Says man backing a plan hatched by Old Etonians, hedge fund managers and tax shy multimillionaires and paid for in a large extent by money from overseas that nobody in the Leave Campaign seems who it was who gave them the money.

So Leave the EU was a plan hatched by the toffs? I think you’ve got your class war arse about face there.

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

I think he is, regardless of his privileged background. One of the few politicians with honesty and integrity.

The same politician who suggested in the House of Commons (pre-Brexit vote) that people could have a second vote on the final deal ... so two referendums ... but funnily enough he's not suggesting that anymore?

Yes, a man of integrity ... not a con man who shifts his interests off-shore and moves to Dublin to avoid the Brexit pain. An upstanding fellow who we can all trust.

If you see him in London you can tug your forelock and greet him as one of your betters?

The same politician who suggested in the House of Commons (pre-Brexit vote) that people could have a second vote on the final deal ... so two referendums ... but funnily enough he's not suggesting that anymore?

Yes, a man of integrity ... not a con man who shifts his interests off-shore and moves to Dublin to avoid the Brexit pain. An upstanding fellow who we can all trust.

If you see him in London you can tug your forelock and greet him as one of your betters?

No need for two referendum anymore.
Moved to Dublin - Remainer propaganda. Not true.
I’d be happy to shake his hand. You could tug whatever you like. Err, sorry you’d better not tug anything. Not anymore, remember mum warned you about that.

Archived