Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

UK to formulate Irish border proposals 'in a few days': Hunt

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, 473geo said:

The vote was to leave, decision by the electorate....

 

I have never complained, democracy dictates the will of the many over the individual.........

 

However what does piss me off are the remainers who will not accept the democratic mandate........for months now I have taken a 20% reduction of exchange rate......largely due to brexit.......I don't mind I will wear that.....part of being in a democracy is that the will of the many is not always beneficial to the individual........

 

The UK demonstrating true democratic process and principals means more to me than a few extra quid in the bank!

 

I also believe if the UK is pushed back into manufacturing rather than importing this will improve the future and resilience to global downturns

that may be so

enjoy your lousy forex

 

pt UK is demonstrating nothing but total political ineptness

enjoy your parliament and government  - was it a true democratic process you called it?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, samran said:

Well I’m Australian. I more than most foreigners stand to gain from brexit as I’m betting we’ll be one of the first to sign an FTA with the UK and in its desperation to show the masses it is making headway, you’ll give us a very favourable deal.

 

 One of the things we are aiming for is freer movement and better work rights in the UK, along the lines of the E3 visa that the US offers exclusively to Australians (your leading cheerleader has already expressed support to make it easier for Australians to live and work in the UK https://www.afr.com/news/politics/uk-foreign-secretary-boris-johnson-promises-a-great-trade-deal-with-australia-20170727-gxjub6

 

so from my perspective I stand to gain more than most, but you know what, based on dealing with trade issues and how hard it is to get anything even remotely ‘free’ in trade, you guys are making a massive mistake and you will be severely disappointed on what lies on the ‘other side’ for you. 

agree

WTO is no Dear Mama organization - no scope for sick buffaloes and exceptions.

even NZ and OZ would stab UK over lamb/sheep trade.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

agree

WTO is no Dear Mama organization - no scope for sick buffaloes and exceptions.

even NZ and OZ would stab UK over lamb/sheep trade.

 

Indeed. I mean they are whinging now they only have to deal with 27 other members, wait till have to deal with 180. Lowest common denominator stuff and frustratingly glacial.

 

As for the lamb trade. Totally there with you. Welsh farmers are about to learn some tough lessons from people who have to deal with the cut throat American and South American farmers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samran said:

Well I’m Australian. I more than most foreigners stand to gain from brexit as I’m betting we’ll be one of the first to sign an FTA with the UK and in its desperation to show the masses it is making headway, you’ll give us a very favourable deal.

 

 One of the things we are aiming for is freer movement and better work rights in the UK, along the lines of the E3 visa that the US offers exclusively to Australians (your leading cheerleader has already expressed support to make it easier for Australians to live and work in the UK https://www.afr.com/news/politics/uk-foreign-secretary-boris-johnson-promises-a-great-trade-deal-with-australia-20170727-gxjub6

 

 As regards to making it easier for Aussies to gain entry into the U.K.

 This I Welcome, I always feel ashamed, that when I come through Heathrow, Aussie and Kiwis are treated 2nd class, while others with no connection with the U.K take preference over them.

 Other times I can imagine myself stood in the Priority queue, standing alongside a member of the IRA, while again Aussies etc must go into another queue. This is disgraceful. 

 And In case you want to accuse me of racialism, I beleive that you are a first, or is it a second generation immigrant, from Asia. and as far as I’m concerned,your no different from an Aussie with British ancestry.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You make me laugh guys, why would anybody rush to work in the UK if it is going to suffer badly from brexit.......

What are they going to do? Shear welsh ewes that apprently will no longer exist after brexit?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nontabury said:

 As regards to making it easier for Aussies to gain entry into the U.K.

 This I Welcome, I always feel ashamed, that when I come through Heathrow, Aussie and Kiwis are treated 2nd class, while others with no connection with the U.K take preference over them.

 Other times I can imagine myself stood in the Priority queue, standing alongside a member of the IRA, while again Aussies etc must go into another queue. This is disgraceful. 

 And In case you want to accuse me of racialism, I beleive that you are a first, or is it a second generation immigrant, from Asia. and as far as I’m concerned,your no different from an Aussie with British ancestry.

 

You simply made that up and are presenting your own opinion as fact.

You wouldn't have the time in the queue to observe just how non-EU citizens are treated at Heathrow, bar maybe a couple. You also have no idea as to why some may sail through and others grilled, unless you are privy to what is on the UK database.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, samran said:

 

As for the lamb trade. Totally there with you. Welsh farmers are about to learn some tough lessons from people who have to deal with the cut throat American and South American farmers.

Halal meat should be outlawed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nontabury said:

Apart from the non Brits, who support us Remaining in this so called Union, and they do seem to be highly representative on these threads. We have two Brits who are pxssxed off that the British people Democratically voted for Britexit. They are teebee who lives in France, and is unduly worried about his status in that country and bomber, who is concerned that perhaps his dream of moving to Portugal, on his retirement will be somehow cancelled, again due to Brexit.

 So as far as these two people are concerned, it’s all about Me,Me,Me.

Hello! Its the Mother Theresa Brexiteer Team come back to town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nontabury said:

 

 Plenty of E.u citizens are Still rushing to gain entry before Brexit is finalized. So it cannot be as bad as You fear.

Yeah. And I'm thinking of moving to Sunderland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Halal meat should be outlawed

Thanks for that little insight into your world view.

 

Now a little bit of harsh reality: Most of Australia’s livestock is slaughtered in that manner, given it’s needed for your product to be globally competitive. 

 

So welcome to the world of global free trade and meeting global demand. This is what you voted for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...