Nongprue plans to open dog shelter without funding for food

Rimmer

Nongprue plans to open dog shelter without funding for food

image.png

PATTAYA:--Nongprue has laid plans to build a shelter to house the sub-district’s stray dogs, but has yet to figure out how to cover the food and care costs.

Mayor Mai Chaiyanit said the design of the 3-million-baht shelter in the Khao Din area southeast of the Map Fak Thong Lake have already been completed. The next step is a public hearing on the plan.

One certain sticking point will be how the sub-district plans to pay for all the food and medical care the dogs require.

Mai couldn’t answer the question, saying he hoped to obtain donations from the public and charity groups.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-02-01--

5 hours ago, mok199 said:

Whats the address ,I want to make a delivery..

Of course in true TV fashion- a delivery of what - some dogs, some food ? If you are helping out - I would agree- as long as the shelter has a policy of sterilisation- it’s really the only way to go to reduce the population.

3 hours ago, peterb17 said:

It’s the Buddhist way .

And it is marred by stupidity. As I went out we passed a pack of strays right at the road edge feeding on a pile of dry food presumably left by a kind hearted but dull witted person. On our way back from dinner, there is a dead puppy bleeding in the road near where the food was, with the mother dog fretting over it. Spoiled my evening. 

Of course in true TV fashion- a delivery of what - some dogs, some food ? If you are helping out - I would agree- as long as the shelter has a policy of sterilisation- it’s really the only way to go to reduce the population.

There IS another way.

No. The only way to go is euthanasia. Saves on food too. UK enacted this policy and the problem of packs of feral dogs roaming the streets was eradicated in a few months.

13 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Aha! Yet another  pseudo charity  lining up to extract funding from far and wide  as a means to provide selves  with  a nice  income.

Seen it already.

The  path to eventual  euthanasia  need  not be so slow,expensive,or in the  hands of profiteers.

Or in the hands of Buddhists if they do not want to do it. Plenty of 'heathens' who would help.

6 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Look Chin Mah (Dog meat balls)? Sold all over Indochina, except Thailand. Never understood the outcry by non-vegetarians over dog, turkey and rabbit meat! 

You missed out pussy. (Cat)

19 hours ago, baansgr said:

I wish they would take all this dogs to the idiot swedish woman that lives in watboon, she feeds dogs everywhere except outside her own house. Dump the lot on her doorstep

just go and leave food outside her place the dogs will soon come...

Archived