The compositions and merits of the different substances, that are in the make up of Crowns.

up2you2

Outside the different costs of what a Crown is made up from, could someone please tell me what are the different options of what is available here in Thailand.
I would imagine that there are just so many labs that construct these bridges, however everyone I have approached is using different terminology to describe them.
So it would be helpful to know all the different variants of descriptions if possible.

Also what might be the various merits of the different options.  

And gold will be available in different grades - the more pure being softer for what should be a better fit (at least that was the theory in past - not sure if still true with improvements in casting image for fit.  And with the chance they will have to be replaced at a later date due to new decay in area between tooth and crown extra cost may not be worthwhile.  If younger and possible might be better to consider implants today.

• 3 weeks later...

i have multiple pfm . porcelain fused metal . crowns and zero problems  some are molars.

it is thought for those that grind their teeth during sleep may do better with a soft precios metal crown.  

resolving the grinding problem should be addressed regardless

There is no noticeable difference between the lifespan of a traditional crown and a CEREC/zirconium crown.   https://atlantacenterforcosmeticdentistry.com/blog/how-long-cerec-crown-last-grind-teeth/ .  but the higher price is very noticeable 

pfm crowns are also available color matched

Archived