Multi entries NON-O retirement non-immigrant for being retired, but multi entry, where to get it around Thailand ?

Dear, Multi entries NON-O retirement non-immigrant for being retired, but multi entry, where to get it around Thailand ? and can you tell me what are the conditions ? if it is not possible to get a multiple entries to go out every 3 months and come back (no yearly extension wanted to avoid any contact with any immigration office), where is it the easiest to get a single entry ? But with a single entry non-o it's only possible to stay 3 months and then extend it, or renew it every 3 months ? (is it possible to get a new single entry non-o for retirement every 3 months ?) thank you all.

• Like 1

IF You are Married to a THAI Citizen YOU CAN Get a Non-Imm " O " MULTI ENTRY VISA at Savanakhet Laos, With NO Hassle & Yes just cross a Border every 90 Days & NOT Go near Immigration....

All You Need....Original & Copy of Marriage Certificate....Copy of Wife's ID Card & House book ( BOTH Signed by Herself ) 5,000 Baht Visa Fee & That's it.....Oh ! And of course YOUR Passport.....

Edited by Nong Khai Man
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

IF You are Married to a THAI Citizen YOU CAN Get a Non-Imm " O " MULTI ENTRY VISA at Savanakhet Laos, With NO Hassle & Yes just cross a Border every 90 Days & NOT Go near Immigration....

All You Need....Original & Copy of Marriage Certificate....Copy of Wife's ID Card & House book ( BOTH Signed by Herself ) 5,000 Baht Visa Fee & That's it.....Oh ! And of course YOUR Passport.....

When did I talk about a marriage visa ? Not anybody wish to waste a life with a marriage..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Op you need clearly state your situation. Marriage status, currently in thailand?, what visa or permission of stay you currently have etc to get good advice.

No, I think that I asked a question to which it is easy to reply for someone who knows.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry non-o visa is possible to get in Penang if you can show 800k baht in a bank or proof of 65k baht income and proof your are retired.

Thank you so much. So just being at least 50 and having 800k in a Thai bank is enough to get a multiple non-o in Penang ? And it's the only place around where I could get it ? Any report posted on this website ?

Thanks again.

27 minutes ago, myshem said:

Thank you so much. So just being at least 50 and having 800k in a Thai bank is enough to get a multiple non-o in Penang ? And it's the only place around where I could get it ? Any report posted on this website ?

Thanks again.

If planning to apply in Penang, I recommend you talk to one of the better agents to check the current status. In recent times, Penang has become an iffy location to apply for visas following a change at the top a few years ago.

20 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

Hi , I got a multiple-entry one year non-immigrant O visa from Savannakhet last month based on retirement. I gave copy of my U.K. State Pension statement and Thai bank statement & bank letter , combi method , no Embassy Letter was asked for. This was after being given the runaround , then refused an extension by Immigration at Phuket. This will give ~15months till I need to renew and I will continue this method while it lasts. Hope this helps!

Thanks.  I couldn't find information from the Penang consulate regarding a non-immigrant O visa based on retirement, but here are requirements for Savannakhet:

http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/

image.png.8a62fd915d2d98c653acb7011cdad643.png

Looks like your UK State Pension statement substituted for the certificate of retirement from your embassy.

• Like 1

Sounds good...did you have the money seasoned for the time required and did you have to make an appointment or just wait, I presume it's busy at this time of year, I'm ok till Aug and from the UK with same criteria as yourself and getting fed up with constant not knowing what's coming next!!

Yes , had the money seasoned 2 months , as was initially applying for a visa extension based on retirement at Phuket , but was refused, as I did not have the Embassy Letter and they were not interested in the U.K. Pension statement , so no combo method there.
When I got up to Savannakhet , the consulate there is open in the morning (09:00) for applications to be submitted and the following day in the afternoon for collection (13:00 IIRC). The cost of the visa was 5,000baht and entry in to Laos (1,500baht or US$35)

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a3tsw said:

This will give ~15months till I need to renew and I will continue this method while it lasts. Hope this helps!

You can squeeze another two months out of it making a total of 17 months if you extend your last 90 day permission to stay at your local immigration office, costing 1900 THB. 

Yes , had the money seasoned 2 months , as was initially applying for a visa extension based on retirement at Phuket , but was refused, as I did not have the Embassy Letter and they were not interested in the U.K. Pension statement , so no combo method there.
When I got up to Savannakhet , the consulate there is open in the morning (09:00) for applications to be submitted and the following day in the afternoon for collection (13:00 IIRC). The cost of the visa was 5,000baht and entry in to Laos (1,500baht or US$35)

PS .... no appointment was necessary.

10 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

You can squeeze another two months out of it making a total of 17 months if you extend your last 90 day permission to stay at your local immigration office, costing 1900 THB. 

Not unless it is based on marriage to a Thai, or a Thai child, and he gets a 60-day extension for "visiting" them.

12 hours ago, a3tsw said:

I got a multiple-entry one year non-immigrant O visa from Savannakhet last month based on retirement.

Otherwise, 7 days to leave the country is the only extension possible to any of his entries from this Visa.

Sorry but how can you get a retirement certificate from embassy as I never worked ?! Only investor.

Some embassies give a retirement certificate just for being 50 at least ?

Now I understand why few people get a multiple non-o for retirement and just apply for extension (and then visit the idiot offices every 3 months...).

On 2/1/2019 at 6:26 PM, myshem said:

No, I think that I asked a question to which it is easy to reply for someone who knows.

"Clearly someone who knows".. which is clearly not you. As per giving details, it helps members give advice. Good luck with Penang ha. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

22 hours ago, myshem said:

Sorry but how can you get a retirement certificate from embassy as I never worked ?! Only investor.

Some embassies give a retirement certificate just for being 50 at least ?

Now I understand why few people get a multiple non-o for retirement and just apply for extension (and then visit the idiot offices every 3 months...).

Does your home country allow foreigners to stay for a year at a time with that foreigner wanting to avoid any contact with any immigration office?

8 hours ago, sumrit said:

Does your home country allow foreigners to stay for a year at a time with that foreigner wanting to avoid any contact with any immigration office?

You cannot do that here, either - just 90-days at a time between presenting yourself to immigration. 

But are you seriously comparing the methods of operation of immigration in Thailand - agent-kickbacks, little or no-notice rule-changes, and made-up "extra rules" that vary by office to encourage agent-use - to the procedures in Western countries? 

It can still be a PITA there, but the process is standardized, and what you get in return is very different.  Easy or automatic path to PR, a work-permit, and citizenship, just for being married to a local, for example.  But here, none of that - no handouts, no higher-paying under-the-table jobs than working back home, etc.  

There is no reason to show up in Thailand without the means to support yourself with your own money, unless coming from an even lower-wage country.  This is quite the opposite of heading in the opposite direction.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:04 AM, JackThompson said:

Not unless it is based on marriage to a Thai, or a Thai child, and he gets a 60-day extension for "visiting" them.

Otherwise, 7 days to leave the country is the only extension possible to any of his entries from this Visa.

I am a US citizen. Age above 50 and on social security. Will my Social Security Retirement Insurance be accepted as evidence of retirement at Savannakhet consulate? Thanks.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry non-o visa is possible to get in Penang if you can show 800k baht in a bank or proof of 65k baht income and proof your are retired.

Can you tell if US Social Security Administration Retirement Insurance is accepted as proof of retirement at Savannakhet consulate?

On 2/1/2019 at 5:26 AM, myshem said:

When did I talk about a marriage visa ? Not anybody wish to waste a life with a marriage..

Non-O is given to person who has a Thai family. In some rare occasions, you can get Non-O for retirement on state pension for UK citizens only but none them exists in neighboring countries. You clearly asked for Non-O, so people assumed you know what you're talking about. 

Edited by onera1961

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, a3tsw said:

Hi , I got a multiple-entry one year non-immigrant O visa from Savannakhet last month based on retirement. I gave copy of my U.K. State Pension statement and Thai bank statement & bank letter , combi method , no Embassy Letter was asked for. This was after being given the runaround , then refused an extension by Immigration at Phuket. This will give ~15months till I need to renew and I will continue this method while it lasts. Hope this helps!

Hi. I don't understand how this will give you ~15 months. Could you please explain. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Hi. I don't understand how this will give you ~15 months. Could you please explain. Thanks.

If you have a one-year non O you must leave the country an do a border run every 90 days. Your last 90 day should elapse  just before your non O does. So you do a final border run just before the non O expires and you'll be given a further 90 days entry into Thailand even though the actual visa runs out in a few days, making almost 15 months in total.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sumrit said:

If you have a one-year non O you must leave the country an do a border run every 90 days. Your last 90 day should elapse  just before your non O does. So you do a final border run just before the non O expires and you'll be given a further 90 days entry into Thailand even though the actual visa runs out in a few days, making almost 15 months in total.

Thanks. I get it.

1 hour ago, Kasane said:

I am a US citizen. Age above 50 and on social security. Will my Social Security Retirement Insurance be accepted as evidence of retirement at Savannakhet consulate? Thanks.

You I think, get a 1099 which indicates you are insured for 12 months under the Affordable Care Act. I'm retired USAF and Social Security. Medicare doesn't cover you here unless you have A and B in order to use Tricare Select Overseas, but you didn't mention being retired military.