Multi entries NON-O retirement non-immigrant for being retired, but multi entry, where to get it around Thailand ?

1 minute ago, Danthai said:

You I think, get a 1099 which indicates you are insured for 12 months under the Affordable Care Act. I'm retired USAF and Social Security. Medicare doesn't cover you here unless you have A and B in order to use Tricare Select Overseas, but you didn't mention being retired military.

No, I am not retired military. 

On 2/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, myshem said:

Sorry but how can you get a retirement certificate from embassy as I never worked ?! Only investor.

Some embassies give a retirement certificate just for being 50 at least ?

Now I understand why few people get a multiple non-o for retirement and just apply for extension (and then visit the idiot offices every 3 months...).

do the 90 days online, it is 2019

53 minutes ago, sumrit said:

If you have a one-year non O you must leave the country an do a border run every 90 days. Your last 90 day should elapse  just before your non O does. So you do a final border run just before the non O expires and you'll be given a further 90 days entry into Thailand even though the actual visa runs out in a few days, making almost 15 months in total.

Cannot just report to local immigration office every 90 days instead of doing border runs?

If you have a one-year non O you must leave the country an do a border run every 90 days. Your last 90 day should elapse  just before your non O does. So you do a final border run just before the non O expires and you'll be given a further 90 days entry into Thailand even though the actual visa runs out in a few days, making almost 15 months in total.

Beat me to it!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O”

Purpose of Visit: Applicants who wish to stay with family in Thailand (Thai Family)
Applicants who wish for volunteering work with the state enterprises or social welfare organizations in Thailand  (Volunteering)"

The above is an extract from Royal Thai Embassy website in Washington, DC https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-visa-category-o/

There is no mention of Non-O visa issue to those above 50 and retired. Am I missing something?

54 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Ugh. And a single entry non-o visa has to be renewed every 90 days?

a single entry is EXACTLY what is says it is,  It CAN NOT BE RENEWED>

good for one entry for a 90 day stay,  your then supposed to apply for the 1 year extension.

Non o VISA can be issued for visiting family, married, retired, spouse  of a farang on a Non B visa  or supporting a child.

Edited by phuketrichard

36 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

a single entry is EXACTLY what is says it is,  It CAN NOT BE RENEWED>

good for one entry for a 90 day stay,  your then supposed to apply for the 1 year extension.

Non o VISA can be issued for visiting family, married, retired, spouse  of a farang on a Non B visa  or supporting a child.

Thanks. Please see post above. Non-O for retired people not mentioned. Just confusing to me.

1 hour ago, Kasane said:

Purpose of Visit: Applicants who wish to stay with family in Thailand (Thai Family)
Applicants who wish for volunteering work with the state enterprises or social welfare organizations in Thailand  (Volunteering)"

The above is an extract from Royal Thai Embassy website in Washington, DC https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-visa-category-o/

There is no mention of Non-O visa issue to those above 50 and retired. Am I missing something?

Not missing anything, it's not available. You need an O-A visa.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, a3tsw said:

Hi , I got a multiple-entry one year non-immigrant O visa from Savannakhet last month based on retirement. I gave copy of my U.K. State Pension statement and Thai bank statement & bank letter , combi method , no Embassy Letter was asked for. This was after being given the runaround , then refused an extension by Immigration at Phuket. This will give ~15months till I need to renew and I will continue this method while it lasts. Hope this helps!

There is no mention of Non-O visa issue to those above 50 and retired. How did you get a Non-O visa for >50 and retired? Am I missing something?

6 minutes ago, Kasane said:

There is no mention of Non-O visa issue to those above 50 and retired. How did you get a Non-O visa for >50 and retired? Am I missing something?

Different requirements at different embassies and consulates. 

There is no rule that it cannot be issued for retirement purposes.

This from the MFA website.

" other activities (Category "O") as follows:
to stay with the family, to perfrom duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process."

Source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Different requirements at different embassies and consulates. 

There is no rule that it cannot be issued for retirement purposes.

This from the MFA website.

" other activities (Category "O") as follows:
to stay with the family, to perfrom duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process."

Source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

Yes, it clearly states "to stay after retirement for the elderly" for grant of Non-O visa. But makes no mention of Type O-A visa for retirement. Strange.

11 hours ago, sumrit said:

Not missing anything, it's not available. You need an O-A visa.

WRONG Please stop posting bad info::
  a Non O-A visa is issued in your own country, you need be over 50,  show 800,000 baht, ( or equivalent ), a police check and med check.

A NON O visa is issued in many Thai Embassy's and all in SE Asia, if you qualify, (married, over 50, spouse working with B visa, have a child, visiting family etc etc)

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kasane said:

Yes, it clearly states "to stay after retirement for the elderly" for grant of Non-O visa. But makes no mention of Type O-A visa for retirement. Strange.

Because Non Imm O-A Visas can only be purchased in one's home country (at a Thai Consulate) with 800,000K baht equivalent in a home country bank account usually or proof of 65K baht monthly income equivalent. Plus a medical Cert. And a police background check Cert.

Edited by JDGRUEN

In 2013 December, at a Honorary Royal Thai Consul General office in Dallas TX, I was issued a One Year Non Imm O Multi Entry just for being age 50 or over and Nothing Else finacially or otherwise. It worked great for 15 months. However sometime in 2015 or maybe early 2016... this type of Visa stopped being issued worldwide except for a fairly rare issuance.  Now and for some time it seems totally unavailable.  It is good to hear about the issuance of this type of O (ME) Visa in Savannakhet even with having to present pension fund documents.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:38 AM, a3tsw said:

Hi , I got a multiple-entry one year non-immigrant O visa from Savannakhet last month based on retirement. I gave copy of my U.K. State Pension statement and Thai bank statement & bank letter , combi method , no Embassy Letter was asked for. This was after being given the runaround , then refused an extension by Immigration at Phuket. This will give ~15months till I need to renew and I will continue this method while it lasts. Hope this helps!

Hi, may I ask why you were refused/, as ive had a similar recent experience albeit based on marriage.

PST

Hi, may I ask why you were refused/, as ive had a similar recent experience albeit based on marriage.

PST

I was refused the extension because I did not have the Embassy Income Letter , they had stopped issuing them and Phuket Immigration would not accept my U.K. State Pension Statement as proof of my income , which is quite ridiculous , as that is what they ask for as additional proof when they are not satisfied or are in some way suspicious of the Embassy Income Letter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a3tsw said:

I was refused the extension because I did not have the Embassy Income Letter , they had stopped issuing them and Phuket Immigration would not accept my U.K. State Pension Statement as proof of my income , which is quite ridiculous , as that is what they ask for as additional proof when they are not satisfied or are in some way suspicious of the Embassy Income Letter.

I see, when was this?, recently?

17 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

A few Days before Christmas.

Thank again, the embassy did top issuing them on the 27th of December, I got one before the deadline, and took it to Phuket last week to use to extend based on marriage, and they did not honour it, even though it is valid for 6 months, they seem to make up their own rules there.

Just out of interest, what are the requirements at Savvanaket for an O visa based on marriage?, I always get mine from the UK, but its good to know of other options.,,,actually, ive found the info,,,thanks

Edited by PST
  • Like 1