Phuket shocked by death of prominent businessman

webfact

Phuket shocked by death of prominent businessman

1549001950_1-org.jpg

Thiti Tandavanitj. January 10, 1970 – January, 30, 2019.

PHUKET: The Thai community across Phuket is still reeling from the death of prominent businessman Thiti Tandavanitj, who was found hanged in his family’s ancestral home Baan Chinpracaha in Phuket Town early Wednesday morning.

Funeral services for Mr Thiti, who was 49 years old, are being held at Wat Ketho, Kathu, nightly until Sunday (Feb 3), when his cremation ceremony will be held at 1pm.

Mass prayers for Mr Thiti, a very well-known and well-liked member of Phuket’s Tandavanitj family, began at Wat Ketho (see map below) on Wednesday night.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-shocked-by-death-of-prominent-businessman-70243.php#J4vjraj0YBiYmFyD.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-02-01

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

I don't think many are "shocked" any longer by a persons death in Thailand....

2 hours ago, UnkleGoooose said:

I'll bet 1,000 baht that nobody, at all, is "shocked" by this death. 99.99999% of the population have never heard of him, and couldn't care less if he is alive or dead. Another word that is grossly misused by the MSM along with "hero".

I don't think many people are 'shocked' by Thaigeezer's reactions to people's deaths in Thailand any longer.

Glad to see this has had a significant impact for you chaps in Cha Am, Chiang Mai and elsewhere. 

The ignorance of some of the comments above clearly indicates that you have no knowledge of this guy or his life in Phuket. Far easier to strap on the tin foil hats.

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I don't think many people are 'shocked' by Thaigeezer's reactions to people's deaths in Thailand any longer.

Glad to see this has had a significant impact for you chaps in Cha Am, Chiang Mai and elsewhere. 

The ignorance of some of the comments above clearly indicates that you have no knowledge of this guy or his life in Phuket. Far easier to strap on the tin foil hats.

I admit I have no knowledge of who this guy was.

However, when I see the words "prominent businessman" to describe a Thai man, I must admit, I immediately think of a corrupt individual, because, as you know, the way Thailand works is, you either become "prominent" from you own criminality, or from "Daddy's" criminality.  Either way, your "prominence" came at the expense of others. 

You don't get to the top here by being "clean."  That's Thailand.

So, whilst any death is tragic, I am sure there will be some people mourning their loss, whilst some very well may be popping corks on champagne bottles.      

Archived