Retire to Philippines - Forget Thailand

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

Over the years I found that Thai ladies do not want to move out of Thailand unless it will be an absolute certainty that their life would improve 1000%.

Unfortunately many delusional Westerners don't actually converse about the real situation back home as it will almost always be a struggle and not a fairy tale they told their Thai ladies and what their ladies see from the FaceBook pictures. This is really dumb and extremely shortsighted as there is no chance in hell that the relationship will work out unless the Thai woman is actually extremely hard working and knows about how the world works more than the dumb Farang himself.

Just imagine you hear the stories about Thailand and easily accessible women and then you come here and it's all ladyboys. Ok, not the greatest example, but would you stick around? Of course not.

Especially love those Brits from kentfukshire or some other dump who are factory workers and bring a bargirl to their "home". Newsflash! It's not London and she will be bored. Nothing for her there, no food, no friends (a Thai without food and friends, just think about that), no nothing.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

You seem to know many, many disaffected Brits professor........................... or was this a self assessment.

If your wife is bored outside London she must have a dumb dumb husband..

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You seem to know many, many disaffected Brits professor........................... or was this a self assessment.

If your wife is bored outside London she must have a dumb dumb husband..

I'm not British, thank God.

Just now, Pravda said:

I'm not British, thank God.

Hear, hear.

We certainly wouldn't want you.

Yet you profess to know so much about " kentfukshire or some other dump"

You are a racist sir.

10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Hear, hear.

We certainly wouldn't want you.

Yet you profess to know so much about " kentfukshire or some other dump"

You are a racist sir.

You want to Lodge a complain about racism, you go back to your nanny state, lol

I'm just forwarding what Thai ladies told my wife. Test assured some failed UK factory town ain't on their Instagram list.

On 3/13/2019 at 7:33 AM, BritManToo said:

Probably because Americans are so frightened of their own mortality.

It doesn't take much expertise or expense to set a bone or stitch up a wound.

More likely to need a triple bypass than a broken arm splint.  Is that easy to do?

Just now, Pravda said:

You want to Lodge a complain about racism, you go back to your nanny state, lol

I'm just forwarding what Thai ladies told my wife. Test assured some failed UK factory town ain't on their Instagram list.

Yes, I can see that English isn't your first language.

"Thai ladies telling your wife"............  quality source!   ????????????

Terrible infrastructure and terrible food. Tropical storms and earth quakes. 

For a vacation for a few weeks it's nice enough , but living there all year round? 
Sounds like a nightmare to me. 

16 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Yes, I can see that English isn't your first language.

"Thai ladies telling your wife"............  quality source!   ????????????

Let me tell you something about my source. It's million times more reliable than some fairytale Farang imagined inside his head.

For example: Retire in Philippines, forget Thailand.

The paradise awaits for sho

My observations:  Over the years I have seen many asian women and asian families move to western countries. There is a high failure rate.  They never really understood what they were getting into or their lack of a support network in their new homes especially for  for older people.  I have seen Thai, Filipino and Vietnamese families go through all the trouble of immigrating only to return home a year or so later.  Sometimes, people who came from abject poverty do fair better.  Vietnamese tend to stay because the second generations tend to do really well.  They do have the issues of the "old" pre-1975 people who still have not come to grips with the reality of the currently VN government and the "new" people who have a totally different outlook.  Younger Filipinos also can do well for two reasons, 1. they tend to easily find and join Filipino groups and friends in just about any country and 2.  unlike any other asian countries, Filipinos have no stigma at all with mixing races.  In fact it is something many of them are proud of.  Being a mistizo is a good thing.  Older Filipino  parents tend not to do well though. 

I have seen the real love, the fakes, the gold diggers and the just plain mistake makers with all three groups.  And I have seen the westerners make similar mistakes like never appreciating their cultures Or getting laid is just not enough.

Even after having been married to a Filipina for 27 years, I would find it difficult to choose between them.  For me, only Koreans and probably Chinese would be discounted.    

JMO

On 2/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, Pilotman said:

regular 'brown outs', poor to none existent 3G in many parts of the country, crumbling infrastructure, a homicidal maniac as a President,  an active drugs mafia, a near Civil War on the southern Islands.  Really?   

you forgot that they shoot you there first before they pull your handbag of your shoulder or the wallet out of your pocket compared to most cases of pick-pocketing and knife/gun-pointing here. 

Some of my work colleagues living there and told me that the Philippines are way more worse.. 

BANANA7 or Banana skids. Yuo did not mwntion the following which I have just now copied from the SRRV site:-

Retirement Option and their Required Time Deposit

1. With Pension - 50 years old and above - the required time deposit is US$10,000.00 plus a monthly pension of US$800.00 for a single applicant and US$1,000 for couple.

9 hours ago, fgmr said:

BANANA7 or Banana skids. Yuo did not mwntion the following which I have just now copied from the SRRV site:-

1. With Pension - 50 years old and above - the required time deposit is US$10,000.00 plus a monthly pension of US$800.00 for a single applicant and US$1,000 for couple.

That is for the normal SRRV over 50 - there are also other types and the courtesy and expanded types only require payment of $1,500 and no deposits.

Having personally visited with the staff at the Philippines Retirement Authority, I advise anyone to remain calm while researching visa options online.  You're all unique, maybe like snowflakes.

...because we know everything you read on the Internet is true, right?

Having personally visited with the staff at the Philippines Retirement Authority, I advise anyone to remain calm while researching visa options online.  You're all unique, maybe like snowflakes.

What do you my mean? Could you be more explicit?

40 minutes ago, alexdecasi said:
58 minutes ago, WyrldTraveler said:

What do you my mean? Could you be more explicit?

Which part?

• the part where I suggest that maybe you shouldn't depend on the advice from people in forums?
  • the part where I suggest that the Earth is Flat because I saw it on YouTube?
  • the part where what you read online may or may not conform to your experience with immigration authorities when you arrive in person?
  • the part where I advise you to remain calm?

I could be very explicit, but explicit language is frowned upon in these forums. 

On 3/2/2019 at 2:59 PM, yogi100 said:

Actually a Filipino nurse in London told me 'We were sick of drugs being peddled to our children while the police did nothing until Duterte took over and started banging heads together and we love him for it'.

Don't take offence but I respect her take on it rather than yours.

Bear in mind he has an 80% approval rating among the people of the PI. Try naming one Western leader who has anything quite like it apart from possibly Victor Orban of Hungary.

I spent a month in the PI two years ago. Whenever Duterte was discussed, the locals would always say something like, "now I can go out at night without being afraid". Seems pretty popular to the average person.

Which part?
  • the part where I suggest that maybe you shouldn't depend on the advice from people in forums?
  • the part where I suggest that the Earth is Flat because I saw it on YouTube?
  • the part where what you read online may or may not conform to your experience with immigration authorities when you arrive in person?
  • the part where I advise you to remain calm?

I could be very explicit, but explicit language is frowned upon in these forums. 
On this case, thank you for your intervention. It's very helpful...

21 hours ago, fgmr said:

Read the complete website, to understand all of the options. I only stated one option which required no monthly income.

Also read post #5 in this thread.

I do enjoy the Philippine people. The men are infinitely friendlier and more curious about foreigners, than Thai men, who barely give us the time of day. And the water can be beautiful, depending on where you are. I agree what the women can be lovely, and generally easier to meet, and not as difficult, cunning, clever, or manipulative as the average Thai woman. And their expectations are far lower. However marriage there is out of the question, as the Catholic church has a virtual strangle hold on the nation, and divorce is not allowed! 

For me, the women would be the primary reason for being there, if I was single. The security situation is terrible, the food is horrific, and it is hard to find the basics, like fresh fruits and vegetables (however some other imports are easier to find, and cheaper). Overall the country is far more Westernized, and does not feel like a distant planet, as Thailand often does. 

However, the entire country feels like one big Tijuana to me. One big ghetto. Even the nice neighborhoods are unattractive, with tall barbed wire, or broken glass topped walls, to keep out the thieves. And what is up with the lack of landscaping? The Thais love their gardens, and flowers. They are virtually non existent in the PI.

I cannot even begin to surmise the amount of money, that someone would have to pay me to live there.

On 2/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, mike787 said:

From Experience:  

Thailand, food is cleaner, spicer (subjective), safer, cheaper, large variety.  Thai Immigration is idiotic.  Drivers are opposite to Philippines - Death is a perquisite to driving in Thailand.  THAI's don't really want us there, only our money.  Don't mess with Thai, they will gut you like a pig.  Thai Realestate design is better much more update and better bang for the buck.  Wifi is cheaper, strong, and stable everywhere (almost).  

Philippines:  Infrastructure is poor.  Food, opposite to above statements.  Immigration, easier and cheaper.  People, very welcoming (over all).  Driving, over all much safer. Wifi = SUX! Island hoping is much nicer (subjective)...over 7,000+ islands.

Summary: Thailand is Jetsons, compared to the Flintstones in Philippines...more or less.  I enjoy both countries, but prefer lifestyle of Thailand.

from experience filipinos speak english you can actually have a conversation

22 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

from experience filipinos speak english you can actually have a conversation

YES!  And the interaction is much more interactive.  They don't ignore you if your with your spouse or gf.  You feel equal and part of the family.  In Thailand, mostly ignored even if you invented the thai language. 

Archived