New retiree visa rules bewilder Thai immigration: Source

10 minutes ago, Rama said:

It bewilders everyone, Thai and foreign. 2 changes in January alone. How many since last July? Anyone who thinks they understand them (especially foreigners), doesn't. Based on the last 6 months, expect at least 4 changes in the next 6 months. Wait for it........is that the insurance requirement coming next month or March?  More television coverage...

The orders are in Thai, and Thai is a very inexact language, especially written. Push back from the embassies. Push back from the banks. Push back on insurance requirements.

I think the great majority of the posters understand the changes.  There is no insurance requirement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

53 minutes ago, barefootbangkok said:

Obviously these new regulations will create a bigger workload for the Thai Immigration staff who process all the paperwork, it seems at times that they are worn out.  The staff processing the 90 day reports look especially tired which makes sense since they have to process all the long term expats 4 times a year. 

It doesn't start until March 1st. But the IOs still look knackered.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

This is the thing that changed. the money now not only needs to be seasoned in advance (seemingly 2 rather than 3 months) but also cannot be touched for 3 months after, and even then only half of it can ever be spent.

it is basically a 400K bond that has top be posted and maintained. But badly worded/designed.

I was at CW today, and officer with whom I spoke indicated that three months’ worth of seasoning - not two - were required of me for a retirement extension.

• Like 1