New retiree visa rules bewilder Thai immigration: Source

1 hour ago, rainwater said:

you missed my point, there are plenty of ways to transfer funds into Thailand online, getting it sent back online is impossible, try reading my original statement

I think it may be you that has missed the point. You are so wound up about things. Take a breath and calm down. Dee Money transfers money out of Thailand to your home country, online via the Dee Money app, once you are registered. I believe transfers are suspended to the UK and US at the moment whilst they change there transaction partner. But once sorted out that is your best option for a flat fee of 150 baht.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rainwater said:

No! You're Wrong: Thai medical insurance companies DO NOT offer cover for pre existing conditions, they will lie to you and say what they need to get you to sign up with them but then they will refuse your claim. Their handbooks on rules and regulations are 2 inches thick and you need a lawyer to help translate and read the regulations, in the end you will be stuck paying the claim if they say it's related to a pre existing condition and they will research and get your records from every hospital in the area and where ever you have lived in Thailand to avoid payment. Don't be fooled by these criminals posing as legit insurance companies.  

I have lived in Thailand for 20 years.  You have an opinion.  Get a good agent and ask.  

10 hours ago, rainwater said:

you missed my point, there are plenty of ways to transfer funds into Thailand online, getting it sent back online is impossible, try reading my original statement

You missed his. Dee money only transfers out of Thailand. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

I have lived in Thailand for 20 years.  You have an opinion.  Get a good agent and ask.  

I've lived in Thailand 12 years and talked to multiple agents/liars there is NO PRE EXISTING COVER by any Thai medial insurance company. You haven't a clue and don't care if you live 100 years in Thailand.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rainwater said:

I've lived in Thailand 12 years and talked to multiple agents/liars there is NO PRE EXISTING COVER by any Thai medial insurance company. You haven't a clue and don't care if you live 100 years in Thailand.

You were wrong about transferring money out of Thailand.  Perhaps you are also wrong about the insurance.  I suggested finding a good agent and asking.  

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You were wrong about transferring money out of Thailand.  Perhaps you are also wrong about the insurance.  I suggested finding a good agent and asking.  

just got message from DEE Money: We are currently in the process of changing our service providers to US, UK and New Zealand. Service to these countries will be suspended effective 19th June, 2019 (3:00 p.m.) until further notice.

5.1K people like this including from FaceBook
Financial Service

9:20 AM

Paul
Can I send Thai baht from my Bangkok Bank account to my American Bank using your app?
DeeMoney

Hi Paul , Thank you for messaging we will be with you shortly, however, if you don't get a reply, please reach out on 02-821-5556 (7am-11pm) or leave your number & language preference for us to call you back.
Good Morning, sir!
We are currently in the process of changing our service providers to US, UK and New Zealand. Service to these countries will be suspended effective 19th June, 2019 (3:00 p.m.) until further notice. We will update you once the service resumes. We regret the inconvenience caused.
Edited by rainwater

10 hours ago, jimn said:

I think it may be you that has missed the point. You are so wound up about things. Take a breath and calm down. Dee Money transfers money out of Thailand to your home country, online via the Dee Money app, once you are registered. I believe transfers are suspended to the UK and US at the moment whilst they change there transaction partner. But once sorted out that is your best option for a flat fee of 150 baht.

Message from DEE Money today: We are currently in the process of changing our service providers to US, UK and New Zealand. Service to these countries will be suspended effective 19th June, 2019 (3:00 p.m.) until further notice...

You want to say I'm wound up about things, I've had a stroke 2 years ago and will be forced to buy useless medical insurance because Thai insurance doesn't cover pre existing conditions or I will be totally denied (Thai insurance is not anything like the NHS in the UK or any Socialized medicine from Germany and most civilized European countries, Australia or NZ) so take a walk in my shoes, take a breath and calm down yourself. 

Edited by rainwater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You missed his. Dee money only transfers out of Thailand. 

Sorry I got confused, but just talked to Dee Money from messenger on Facebook: "We are currently in the process of changing our service providers to US, UK and New Zealand. Service to these countries will be suspended effective 19th June, 2019 (3:00 p.m.) until further notice" So any other ideas how my sick friend in UK can get his 800k or how I can transfer funds while out of Thailand from Bangkok Bank back to my USA bank? 

45 minutes ago, rainwater said:

Sorry I got confused, but just talked to Dee Money from messenger on Facebook: "We are currently in the process of changing our service providers to US, UK and New Zealand. Service to these countries will be suspended effective 19th June, 2019 (3:00 p.m.) until further notice" So any other ideas how my sick friend in UK can get his 800k or how I can transfer funds while out of Thailand from Bangkok Bank back to my USA bank? 

Crypto.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Crypto.. 

Don't think Thai immigration accepts Crypto for retirement visa proof of funds, but there are 4 Crypto exchanges approved in Thailand. Last time I checked in late 2018 the liquidity was very low and very high spreads and commissions. Recently a month ago I tried and could not access Coinbase from my ISP blocked by Thailand, but today it looks like I might be able to open an account when I just looked? But I'm very new to this Crypto crap...

4 minutes ago, rainwater said:

Don't think Thai immigration accepts Crypto for retirement visa proof of funds, but there are 4 Crypto exchanges approved in Thailand. Last time I checked in late 2018 the liquidity was very low and very high spreads and commissions. Recently a month ago I tried and could not access Coinbase from my ISP blocked by Thailand, but today it looks like I might be able to open an account when I just looked? But I'm very new to this Crypto crap...

The question is how can someone get 800k out of the country when they are not here and only have online banking.. 

Theres your answer..