How are westerners working in clubs in Thailand?

On 2/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, thesetat2013 said:

Yea.. on walking street last night i was approached several times by foreigners trying to pull me into the bars with sex shows. They must ne working illegally and taking thai jobs away. But i am certain this is happening with the knowledge of the police and authorities. They are doing right in front of them

Some are probably working legally, others illegally. I've also seen Indian/Nepalese foreigners in places like Krabi etc. doing this kind of work, as well as westerners/Russians etc. Same thing in certain other neighboring countries like Vietnam - lots of Russians working in shops in places like Mui Ne. While I'm sure most Russian business owners have legal permission to work there, I'm not sure the same can be said about their Russian employees. I've never been bothered to ask, I don't really care but I can imagine it's no different to the situation in Thailand. Ditto for Cambodia and Laos.

46 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

Not at all I have had 2 with different entertainment venues and it was very very easy 10 days tops from applying to issuing

Then why do so many English teachers not get work permits? I always seem to meet a few when I go to Savannakhet to renew my visa, and they're always on tourist visas.

41 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

Not at all I have had 2 with different entertainment venues and it was very very easy 10 days tops from applying to issuing

Exactly.

I left this post to the naysayers - down our way, if you have a valid reason to work, your employer applies for a WP, when I have been to the labour office it’s full of construction workers and (less and less) oil workers. 

Its only immigration that seem to making the process of staying here to use the permit difficult. 

Then why do so many English teachers not get work permits? I always seem to meet a few when I go to Savannakhet to renew my visa, and they're always on tourist visas.
Good question I have no idea the two entertainment venues I worked at handled all the paperwork for the business B Visa and the work permit and it went very quickly and very easily. My guess is the schools for whatever reason are not cooperating as well as they should be

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

Are you confusing “work permit” with “extension to stay” 

WPs are issued by labour office - savannakhet consulate issues visas.

From what I've seen falang who work without permits are left alone until they are dobbed on by someone they upset.

Then the authorities use the no permit rule to punish the naughty people and proceed to accept donations to iron out the discrepancy.

Archived