All smoking banned at Suvarnabhumi from 03 February 2019

jomtien99

AOT has announced that all areas inside and outside Suvarnabhumi airport (and all 5 other AOT airports) will be smoke free zones from 3rd Feb 2019 according to the Tobacco Products Control Act 2017.

I suppose that means all smoking rooms in the international departure gates and arrival areas, as well as certain airline lounges and all areas previously designated outside the terminal building, car parks, etc (except certain designated areas). Other AOT airports are Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Don Mueang, Phuket and Hat Yai. 

As per many rules and regulations in Thailand, is who and how they will enforce the ban. It has not been announced if, and how big any fines may be and to whom they should be paid - could be a new source of income for someone. 

aot.jpg

A victory for Control Freaks, sorry for nervous ones who need a Smoke, perhaps they can stop me having a Beer next, and serve Vegan Burgers, they dont like me being a non smoker, they haven't ruined my day. Perhaps i can get a Taxi there one day from an Air Con Area and not get boiled and choked by fumes, as one can at Don M, built in 1812. A sick bunch of Nannies imo.:burp:

Archived